tate + yoko - the official thread

TATE + YOKO

Hey all,

I’m proud and damn excited to announce the opening of Tate + Yoko, a new menswear boutique in Montreal specializing in badass Japanese denim!

My name is Alex, I manage the store and will be glad to answer any of your questions. Everything in Tate + Yoko is Made in Japan or Canada by companies that refuse mass production and instead focus on old-world quality. We are friendly Canadian denim nerds and have traveled to Japan and back many times to build relationships with the brands we love.

Here are the brands that we have in store right now:

The Flat Head

Studio D’Artisan

Momotaro

Japan Blue

Eternal

Kamikaze Attack

ONI

D#

Naked & Famous Denim

Paulrose Products

Viberg Boots

If any of you folks are in the Montreal area please do come visit us at 9096 St-Laurent. We’ll have an opening party after the new year with lots of Japanese snacks, beer and maybe even a Japanese burlesque dancer! (more on that later…)

Shop online at www.tateandyoko.com

We will post store updates and fun product info on a daily basis so check back soon! Feel free to ask questions here or email us at [email protected]

Cheers!

Alex

1z1zm9c.jpg2a0i8b4.jpg

Edited by TATE + YOKO

agreed i love the selections and the vibe and all. more detailed product descriptions/specs would be appreciated at least on my end.

I agree. Currently working on that :) Between getting the back end of the site up and running, and opening the actual store before the holidays- haven't had much time. But they will come. Thanks for the feedback.

I agree. Currently working on that :) Between getting the back end of the site up and running, and opening the actual store before the holidays- haven't had much time. But they will come. Thanks for the feedback.

I plan on dropping by tomorrow; are you open for business? (Congrats and good luck.)

Nice. I wish I'd bought my blue FH winter flannel from you guys instead of SE, who have it marked up way too much...

You'll likely be charged taxes and shipping fees from T+Y, though, which you'll need to take into account.

We only charge taxes on domestic orders (Canada). Shipping is a flat rate of $5 to Canada, $10 to the US, and $40 for the rest of the world.

Edited by TATE + YOKO

Nice. I wish I'd bought my blue FH winter flannel from you guys instead of SE, who have it marked up way too much...

since you are in Japan shouldn't all stuff be cheaper there anyways? only bad if sold out there though but I guess you have a bigger chance finding "sold out" stuff in the many Japanese shops which carry TFH

anyways:

nice collection you offer!

Popped into Tate + Yoko this morning and scored two Flat Head winter flannels. I couldn't have been happier with the shopping experience. (Come to think of it, I should have brought a camera so I could post some pics of the layout--though I am sure they are no where near finished the decorating process.) Alex is a chill, down to earth dude who was not only helpful, but wasn't one of those people who felt the need to be all over you, prodding you with questions the whole time. This'll definitely be my spot for local shopping from here on out. (Be careful exiting the shop, though; unless you're buzzed out, you'll likely be eating a face full of door.)

Just checked the site out. Looking good guys!!! I sent you a message asking if you will bringing in any ONI in a 38 waist (post soak). I love the fact I can now order quality stuff right here in Canada. I was getting sick of having to wait for customs.

Popped into Tate + Yoko this morning and scored two Flat Head winter flannels. I couldn't have been happier with the shopping experience. (Come to think of it, I should have brought a camera so I could post some pics of the layout--though I am sure they are no where near finished the decorating process.) Alex is a chill, down to earth dude who was not only helpful, but wasn't one of those people who felt the need to be all over you, prodding you with questions the whole time. This'll definitely be my spot for local shopping from here on out. (Be careful exiting the shop, though; unless you're buzzed out, you'll likely be eating a face full of door.)

Was nice meeting you man and thanks for the kind words. Enjoy the flannels :)

New Flat Head collabo jeans – FHxNFxTY

Thanks again for all your support for emailing in kind words and questions and for visiting our new shop this week. In celebration of our store opening we have teamed up with The Flat Head to create a special edition jean just for us!

FHxNFxTY – The Flat Head x Tate + Yoko x Naked & Famous Denim

- These jeans are fully made by The Flat Head in Japan using their famous 3XXX denim. (14.5oz unsanforized selvedge denim)

- Real iron buttons and copper rivets.

- Hidden back pocket rivets.

- Heavyweight twill pocket bags with FH logo print.

- Union Special chain-stitched hems (We can hem with the same chain-stitch at no charge if you request it.)

- Tone on tone navy back pocket arcs.

- Raised belt loops

- Triple name custom leather patch in natural veggie-tanned embossed leather.

- Naked & Famous Denim WeirdGuy fit (Slim, low-rise, tapered leg.)

Only 50 pieces made!

As a special treat for our store opening we have kept the price down to only $285.

Available exclusively at Tate + Yoko in Montreal and onlineat:

http://tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/126-flat-head-x-naked-famous-x-tate-yoko-collaboration-jean.html

rtnipw.jpghrfntk.jpg

2941769.jpg

34o52sp.jpg

With an inseam that short, I can't imagine they expect much shrinkage, otherwise I can't see the cut working in the North American market. (Then again, what the hell do I know?) Personally I'm hoping for an inch, at most. If that's not the case, I'll be seriously disappointed--I'd love to support the shop in this endeavour.

Edited by Shoreman