tate + yoko - the official thread

TATE + YOKO

Really professional though Kiya how you called them out pubicly in their own thread before emailing or PMing first to see what was up.

For what it's worth I ordered from T&Y over the phone today and they were very helpful and nice. Definitely not lazy as they went way out of their way to make sure my purchase went through okay.

Anyway, when you have a new store you are consequently going to have new employees/interns. So give em a break. They're in a hurry to get everything up and running and sometimes people cut corners when they're in a rush. It happens.

Edited by ac_slater

I appreciate all the support and non-support here. T&K have changed their product pages to remove the offending copy and size charts. bye.

The use of Self Edge's copy is not good practice, I doubt it's malicious, just cutting corners at a busy period, as another poster said. I'm not sure how the size chart similarities are bad though - why couldn't T&Y's measurements be the same as SE? Wouldn't that be expected?

However, Kiya's reaction, although partially justified, does him no justice either and is likely driven by the perceived loss of business to a competitor.

Hint to T&Y - if you're after jeans sizing charts, I find that BiG are much more accurate than SE!

it was not size chart similarities, it was straight up copying of self edge size charts, along with product descriptions.

t&y had sizing data for large size flat head shirts that they didn't even stock, because they copied the numbers from self edge.

they have since taken down the data for sizes they don't carry, and rewritten the product descriptions.

I wasn't referring to Oni or Kamikaze.

What i was referring to was this (copy, spec list, and size charts are identical):

tate.jpg

tate1.jpg

Relax Kiya, at least they didn't copy the price. T&Y's seems to be slightly lower...

Edited by Maynard Friedman

6643188955_5562b55108_z.jpg

The use of Self Edge's copy is not good practice, I doubt it's malicious, just cutting corners at a busy period, as another poster said. I'm not sure how the size chart similarities are bad though - why couldn't T&Y's measurements be the same as SE? Wouldn't that be expected?

However, Kiya's reaction, although partially justified, does him no justice either and is likely driven by the perceived loss of business to a competitor.

Hint to T&Y - if you're after jeans sizing charts, I find that BiG are much more accurate than SE!

^ This.

I'd appreciate it if the shit-slinging were taken off line so that consumers can enjoy the thread.

INTRODUCING KAMIKAZE ATTACK JEANS

I was first attracted to Kamikaze Attack because it isn’t a well known brand, and it’s a bit more rare which makes it fun. 2 years ago in Tokyo I tracked down a little shop called Gorilla that prefers to carry the smaller Japanese denim brands like Kamikaze Attack and Trophy. When I saw the quality of the construction and the simple but well detailed styling, I was hooked!

Of course their humorous and dark brand name, and their motto “Project to Conquer the World†also make me smile.

The brand was created by Mr. Kanazawa, who I have to describe as an ex-recluse badass who loves motorcycles, vintage punk rock, and anything grim and dark. Perhaps if the psychobilly band “The Cramps†mutated with a Japanese Bosozoku, Kamikaze Attack would be the result.

We are proud to be the only store outside of Japan to carry Kamikaze Attack!

Company History

Before 1995 Kanazawa was a recluse rebel who thought mass market society was crappy. He was homeless and needed a change. In 1995, together with some friends Kanazawa san created a tattoo shop / clothing store called Wire. Their main customers/visitors were homeless people, struggling musicians and artists, bikers and even puppies. But Kanazawa wasn’t satisfied and wanted to move on. He opened a store in Okayama station and decided “Since there are no jeans which I would put on, let’s make them ourselves!†Kamikaze Attack was born out of the creative DIY rebel attitude that reminds me of garage punk music.

Products

All Kamikaze Attack jeans are proudly sewn using vintage machinery in Kojima, Japan. Though this denim is a bit cleaner in appearance, the 14oz unsanforized denim from Texas cotton creates a rough gritty surface texture. The fit is simple and straight, slim but not skinny.

Their jeans feature all the good details we are used to like:

• Hidden Rivets
  • Chain-stitched hems
  • Iron logo waistband button
  • Half-lined flannel rear pockets
  • Flannel pocket bags
  • Red leather patch

Check out the jean here: http://tateandyoko.c...aze-Attack.html

Ok, enough talk, onto some fun photos…

Kamikaze Attack Kojima head office and workshop

kamikaze_attack2.JPG?psid=1

kamikaze_attack4.JPG?psid=1

kamikaze_attack5.JPG?psid=1

kamikaze_attack7.JPG?psid=1

Playing with Kanazawa san’s 2 cute dogs

kamikaze_attack9.JPG?psid=1

kamikaze_attack3.JPG?psid=1

KA bicycle with leather seat and Grimm Reaper handles

kamikaze_attack10.JPG?psid=1

kamikaze_attack11.JPG?psid=1

KA branded denim drink machine

kamikaze_attack1.JPG?psid=1

Left to right – KA pattern maker, Bahzad, Yamane san, Brandon (me), Kanazawa san.

kamikaze_attack8.JPG?psid=1

Edited by dhalgren

New products from The Flat Head that just came in!

Not on the website yet, but you can give us a call at 1.514.382.4062 to place an order.

- 2015 20oz 15th Anniversary Special Edition jean. Heavyweight denim with overlapping red and white thread for the backpocket arcuates. Only 5 pairs left (30, 31, 32, 33, 36). $335

2015.jpg

- SK-011 Shawl Collar Cardigan in black/grey, soft and cozy sweatshirt-like cotton, with old school pockets, sizes 38, 40, 42. $225

sk00.jpg

- 7108W Chambray Work Shirt in Grey, sizes 40, 42. $260

6f82rr.jpg

Chaps,

When I jokingly mentioned in an earlier post that you should use Blue in Green's measurements, I didn't actually mean it! I've just looked at your Studio D'artisan products and there's some uncanny similarities with BiG in terms of product descriptions. Let's see a bit of originality here and avoid a repeat of the past week.

Good luck with the venture!

The only measurement was my inseam from 34.75" to an even 33" I sized up one from my normal WG size and my true waist is around a 31

Edit: (lol opps 33 not 31)

Edited by RawAsDenim

@rawasdenim, dude - i love your american flag shoe lace brooches. um, i don't think 'brooches' is the right word but that's all i can think of right now. where can i get some!?

@rawasdenim, dude - i love your american flag shoe lace brooches. um, i don't think 'brooches' is the right word but that's all i can think of right now. where can i get some!?

They came with my redwings O.o