so I find or read that a lot of people spend a lot of money to own a leather jacket. probably the most coveted is Rick Owens leather/Julius_7 leather. being a recent owner of my first Rick Owens jacket why do people spend so much on something to have little or no wear placed upon it? doesn't make any sense to me. I wear my jacket as my 2nd skin!

so I want to ask how how much do you wear your jacket, your favorite if you have multiple, favorite skin. if you don't use it a lot, then why?

it's my first post on here so if this has been up before i apologize, but didn't find anything. feel free to throw in suggestions.

btw I purchased the Anthem 11 RO Combo Leather. visual below.

60726_1.jpg

Edited by davidafterlife

i actually love this jacket, afraid i wouldn't use it as a towel. i wear it almost everyday since i live in sd. the temperature drops at night like crazy.

i want to purchase another ro, and one more leather probably by julius. never letting this one go, it's deemed the most cherished of leather jackets by many, and i agree with that firmly.

so besides anyone giving me a hard time on this post, or being pretentious. I put this us to see why others put value in to jackets that they seem to not wear. i figure you shouldn't buy anything that isn't useful.

so yes you can buy expensive things, but if you're not making any use of it what's the fucking point of spending money on it? just to have it? a total waste in my personal opinion, but it's just an opinion in the collective whole.

i know you been on the wtb page and people have these jackets that they have rarely worn. why buy it if you're not going to use it?

this really isn't about waywt, it's about owning something expensive and not using it.

@percy i'm not saying my jacket in particular is the most favored. I'm saying Rick Owens jackets are by the fashion elite!

@gimmegimme don't be a hater. the jacket is awesome, and suits my look in particular, not saying it's for everyone. so eat a dick!

and my jacket is primarily made of most leather. there are a few parts that aren't leather, but most of it is, I own it and would know. either way I'm over it, over the thread sink it. over pretentious fucks thinking they are the end all be all of net. I asked a question that's probably been asked a fucking million times, didn't see a thread for it stated in the first post.

another thing i see people always have the same jacket style from R.O. go out and be yourself, herd mentality in the fashion world. it's a supertrash thread, not a let me gloat in what i own, or how cool am i because i own something R.O. was asking a simple question about usage and what it's made of.

@footfeet glad you enjoy your toj bomber not a lot people know of them, of own one for that matter. not being sarcastic at all, glad you dig it. would you recommend it to slim people?

as far is this thread goes it's my last post.

fuck trying to have a reasonable conversation to a bunch of righteous know-it-alls!

Edited by davidafterlife

I would recommend it to anyone who has the money - that should be the main reason why you don't have one. Get yourself measured like you were getting a suit and have it made to measure. Also measure another good fitting jacket you have, the toj site has info on how to do this. Youre already paying a lot so you might as well get the jacket you want tailored to fit you perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...