Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

dkatz, I've seen you royxcone fits - I'm definately a little less slim than you and the 28 is probably a -1 in the waist for me, but all other measurements thighs, knees etc look typical of a fairly slim cut for me.

Like Kansas said, I'm going to wear them raw without soaking. that'll mean at least an inch of stretch on the waist which will be just right. Just going by the measurements I would think thats better than the 30 as I cant take anything more than a 12" thigh.

Hemming is for the weak. Cuffs for life.

what a bunch of baloney. you can still hem and cuff. nothing wrong with some adjustments as long they're done correctly.

edit: it's also an important fix for those of us who aren't graced with long luxurious legs.

Edited by mapz

Also,

I've worn mine for about 5 hours today :o Tomorrow I will revert to Roys, but I wanted to make sure these were going to work. I can't honestly see how these black one will fade in any significant way. They are nice but hard to get used to wearing such different pants than I have been wearing for the past 15 years.

Am I banned from the contest?

it'll be interesting to see how the black ones fade, if at all. how many people are going to be rocking them over the next year?

also, cuffs vs. hemming - when the summer comes around, i hear mapz was thinking of turning his into shorts.... we'll see how that goes :)

i've got the black, and i agree with fre$co. the black are gonna need some abuse to show anything. also agree with the getting-used-to aspect. i've not worn "quality" trousers before. these are a world away from j. crew and banana republic!

also, cuffs vs. hemming - when the summer comes around, i hear mapz was thinking of turning his into shorts.... we'll see how that goes :)

hahaha damn dude i see how it is. thanks for a throwing a wrench into my big surprise. (don't worry everyone, arc is just being silly). and it's not a "versus" issue. like i said before, the two can co-exist in the same world, you hem nazi.

but yeah it'll be fun to watch the black pairs evolve. glad to hear this is the first "quality" pair of trousers for some - what a pair to be your first!

These look phenomenal. However, with my limited student budget I can't really justify navy chinos. I was browsing their site and saw the seconds/deadstock section, and there is some great shit at great prices in my size.. what is the deal with this stuff? What do they mean by seconds and deadstock? I have seen DS used plenty of times, but only by resellers. Seems weird that they use deadstock talking about their own merchandise

Wore mine for a couple hours today. I wondered why they felt loose around the waist. Wondered if I lost weight, but then I noticed that the tag size on the pants was 32 rather than 30. I will see if Christian will Exchange them. They feel good throughout, but the waist is a bit loose.

Love these pants otherwise. Can't wait to see them age.

I keep needing to remind myself that I told myself I would take a break from contests once royxcone is over (though I'm quite intrigued by these pants), so I'll stop cluttering with my questions!

Sounds like ninja07 is a similar size to me, though, so I'll be curious to see how his 28s wind up! Unfortunately smallest size in the seconds sale is 30.

Also, just saw this on You Have Broken the Internet (via some other blog):

tumblr_lwkbwlDMti1qa25h2o1_500.jpg

look like Left Field, and dude is apparently a buyer for Need Supply so it would make sense. Good looking fit that makes me even more intrigued... dammit...

This pic mades me sad I passed on these. Should be a great year guys!