Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

Haha, thanks for the add adh92, and in alphabetical order too :D

Was wondering how the judging for this contest will work?

I think Robbie and I figured as this is a one man operation that Christian should get the honors himself. If anyone is opposed to that idea I'm open for more discussion. As we get closer to the start of the contest the front page will be updated with more details and information.

I tried mine on last night and they are huge. Ordered the same size as my brown duck chinos but they seem to be much larger. the front rise was much higher than what I've been wearing lately so it felt weird. I'm hoping they will fit better when they have some wear on them and the fabric softens up a bit.

Christian recommends wearing these raw, because the starching combined with the heavy weight duck should provide some good fading. That's what I'll do. I think if I soaked mine they would be hard to button up.

Kansas, Robbie and I have discussed what we'd like to do for the start of the contest.

We'd like everyone to give a brief profile of themselves (as much as your willing to share) and a fit picture.

This will be added to the front page. Since not everyone will have their jeans for January 1 (and the fact that most people will be wearing them raw) kind of lessens the need for newspapers.

you are right on the lack of need for a newspaper; i just like that throwback technique when i see it. kinda shows where people are from. a profile is a good idea, though. want to leave this to the creators!

Feel free to include a newspaper in your fit, Kansas. I've already posted more than enough fits...but maybe I'll post one with a newspaper on January 1 just for fun.

Edit: I guess we should wait until January 1 for all fits. Just to be fair to everyone who hasn't received their pair yet. Sorry to be the only one to post anything... I feel bad haha.

Edited by ADH92

number 8, feelin' great. happy to be on board! my pair should be arriving tomorrow - but might have to wait 'til the second week of january to post my first fit pics. working out some camera issues.

According to the measurements on Left Field's site, these are bigger than the duck chinos. I understand they are unwashed though, anyone soak yet?

yes they appear to be bigger.....I went with the measurements on Leftfield's site as a gauge of the fit. i felt the thigh measurements for sz 30 at 12.5" is generally larger than most sz 30 pants/jeans I wear which are around 11" to 11.5" at most. The knees are quite big too at 9.25". The 30 also comes with a 31 waist which would stretch out 1" further worn. I would have gone TTS which would be kind of inbetween the 28 and 30 for me. But since there's no 29 and the measurements for 30 seem bigger than what I'm used to, I went with a 28. Seems also that some of you have said that it'll stretch out so i'm hoping that it'll be ok.

i'm not gonna soak. from christian :

These are raw but if your prefer them to stay black without as much whiskering I would prewash. Rinse cold inside out, do not wring, hang dry. Thanks for your support and for buying American made clothing. Christian

i want the whiskers, fades and all that so i'm just gonna wear.

wore around the house and they do loosen up. went tts with a 31. i feel they are nice and slim without being "skinny". these are trousers, after all.

30 pushups, in the pants, 2 mile run, in the pants. Then you must eat an entire chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and a veggie side in under 10 minutes. then you're in.

edit: just trying to be funny early in the morning, pre coffee. no offense intended! i actually don't know the answer. i also want chicken fried steak.

Edited by arcarsenal

I keep needing to remind myself that I told myself I would take a break from contests once royxcone is over (though I'm quite intrigued by these pants), so I'll stop cluttering with my questions!

Sounds like ninja07 is a similar size to me, though, so I'll be curious to see how his 28s wind up! Unfortunately smallest size in the seconds sale is 30.

Also, just saw this on You Have Broken the Internet (via some other blog):

tumblr_lwkbwlDMti1qa25h2o1_500.jpg

look like Left Field, and dude is apparently a buyer for Need Supply so it would make sense. Good looking fit that makes me even more intrigued... dammit...

wow. maaaan these are somethin' else. anyone else thinking they'll probably be taking them to the tailor to shorten the inseam a bit after first soak?