Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

few pics from the past couple of weeks.

our dry-ass tree. goin' fake next year ;)

8334008717_163752fc47_z.jpg

two of the many single malts i sampled over the holidays. my buddy visited scotland last summer and picked up the first gem from a tour. the second one is my x-mas present to myself.

8335067798_d3f9e7960e_z.jpg

8334013501_70bd107053_z.jpg

visited an awesome toy store/marble factory called the moonmarble company located in kansas city. great retro games and toys. this guy is one of the marble artists. (pic stolen from website)

8334028867_7b9f386240.jpg

happy 2013. with the wife and some friends. i'm fairly intoxicated and looking rather insane at this point in the evening.

8335057110_e8095e34b3.jpg

i'll post some final shots when the time comes. the crotch my pair is very shredded so they haven't gotten much wear lately. it's been fun being in my first contest, and i've enjoyed the personal photos from you guys. hope everyone is well in 2013

Alright guys! I guess the contest is officially over! I'm talking with Christian about how to contest should come to a close and I think we should give everyone a few weeks to post final pictures of their pants. I'll be back from Cali in a few days and I'll get some pictures of mine up.

If people don't post final progress pictures I'll send pictures to Christian from the last post that was made.

We're thinking at this point that the prize will be a gift card from Christian so that no one gets something that they don't want.

Here are a few last photos from the end of my year. I ended up meeting up with Christian for a few drinks a couple weeks ago - such a cool dude.

b2f1cdf2530e11e2896922000a1fbe1a_7.jpg

c6c90348505e11e2802422000a9e0927_7.jpg

e9f40dc04f9d11e2b9d422000a1fa429_7.jpg

2ddfd0ca4ee811e2b8e322000a1f97ed_7.jpg

37a04f484b2011e2ba2422000a1f9376_7.jpg

f4e42f164a3511e2829522000a1fa769_7.jpg

d872274e46c411e2892d22000a1fb72b_7.jpg

33bab87a43d011e29f5522000a9f14ae_7.jpg

6471a3b443c811e2adc122000a1f9ace_7.jpg

290f1c26432c11e2a3b222000a9f1696_7.jpg

HH your Bronco is sick and I'm jealous, my first car was a baby blue metallic 79 Camaro with a whales tale and would love to get back to the classics but these assholes in Brooklyn play bumper tag with me every day. California is amazing and would love to hang out there for a few months in the winter, take my motorcycle for a ride thru the Canyons and desert, damn dude have to come visit for a few and meet up, California Dreamin! and fucking freezing in NY, Cool story as well for how you got your name. Andrew Picts look dope, your on board for next spring web store shots and maybe more. looking forward to see the final shots. I have to give it to Cone on this one, this fabric was sooo perfect! and remember they aren't redoing the indigo/indigo just maybe indigo/navy so glad everyone got a pair before its gone for good. Happy New Year! C

Guest lottiboi

Well it is all over and what not, so here is the final evo of mine. I am really happy with how they have come out, such an awesome product!

2hgbqtk.jpg

dotfmb.jpg

2he9i0w.jpg

10dy16v.jpg

and this is mine against my friend's Tellasons, made out of the same material! His are on there third day I believe.

o7j8jo.jpgsorry the images are a little big hah

After a few conversations we've decided how to end our contest, here we go!

Winners will be chosen based upon several criteria, not simply fades. Please submit your posts to us via email so we can compile them in one block of pictures. This will make it more aesthetically pleasing, and just better.

We all want as smooth and rapid a conclusion as possible so please (!) submit the following !!! via private message or email !!!([email protected]) before Midnight Eastern Standard TIme January 10 2013.

4 pictures total*

1 fit picture

2 'fade pic' front/back

1 'free' picture, you can use this to share a detail, or anything else you wish.

Christian has generously offered the following prizes for our winners :

1st place : $ 500 left field gift card

2nd place: $ 300 " "

3rd place : $ 200 " "

If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself, Christian, or ADH92.

Submissions are officially open y'all.

Damnnnn Christian... That's some prize package! Now I actually have to take my time with the photos....

The really cool thing is win or lose, we all got a hell of a pair of pants! Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up and thanks for letting me be a part, I've really enjoyed it.

wow huge prize. thanks christian! now if i can get some natural light here...maybe i can take some decent pics. been like 2 weeks of gray gray gray, trying to catch the sun.

and misterh, you'll be happy to know i still have that duck lighter.

Edited by mapz

I've followed this thread on and off and just went through the last month of posts. When I'm not on my phone ill go and hand out rep like candy because its full of amazing pics, a great vibe and just tons of cool moments.

If there's another one, perhaps I an be a part of it. Happy New year fellas.

Here we are at the end of a fine year.

I tried to recreate the pic that I introduced myself to you all with. Sorry I was a bit late taking it and my wife had already packed up the Christmas decorations.

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_2501_zpsf5250614.jpg

It's been fun watching my pants age, but even more fun being a part of jack's life and his growing up. Thank you for putting up with my posts about jack, I feel as though my pants are a reflection of what it was like to chase him around for a year.

I'd like to first thank Robbie and ADH92 for coming up with this idea and inviting me to participate. I have never done anything like this before and I sure had a good time. I am going to miss this thread and the people who post here.

Thank you to Christian, for keeping us excited and being very generous to both the group and to Jack. I will forever be a fan of Left Field.

And thanks to all of you who participated in one way or another, I'll miss your photos and stories about your life and your adventures, no matter how big or small.

I didn't really post too often before I went out to left field, so thank you sufu for the rep, and the general encouragement.

I know it's been said before around here, but one never knows what someone else will like/enjoy about what others do, so I tried to keep that in mind as I posted throughout the year. I wasn't so keen on whether I had a good camera or if I was doing anything amazing or exciting, I just tried to show you what my pants were doing in order for you to get a picture of why/how they turned out this way.

I hope to do this contest/tour thing again in some capacity, I had a lot of fun.

I have emailed my pictures to robbie, here's a teaser.

IMG_2472_zpse368a494.jpg

Thanks again.

Its been a lot of fun watching everyones pants evolve and having a small glimpse into everyones lives. Lots of big changes for a few of you here.

Thanks again to Robbie and ADH92 for putting this on and to Christian for making such a fine pair of pants.

I hope to keep seeing updates every now and again.

I have not been able to get a fit pic yet. I will try and get one today before the sun goes down.

But here are my final pictures.

front.jpg

back.jpg

folded.jpg

fit.jpg

Edited by ihatebrianwilliams