Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

423936_10150591593156835_508016834_9547297_1730940367_n.jpg

FYI -- ADH92 and I both are 'organizers' and what have you of this. If you have questions/commments/concerns/et cetera PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel free to contact he or I and we'll

be back with you. A lot of details, like prizes, judges, et cetera are still in the works. But there will be prizes, and a winner, and so on and so forth.

Edited by robbie

misterh, camera update, as well? nice pics, bruv.

dang, robbie, they're still looking super starchy post soak - maybe it's how the light is hitting them?

Edited by mapz

I do have another run of these in sewing currently and they are slightly slimmer in the leg. They should be done in a few weeks so keep an eye on the site. Just to mention for White Oak selvedge duck lovers I will have a raw natural as well.

From the man himself.

Hey Robbie apologies for not including you as one the contest organizers, met up with Andrew and he let me know, great contest you guys put together, a solid group of guys. Regarding buttons let me know if anyone needs any extra I will mail you them. I have switched to a 4 hole and had the factory adjust their machines to be able to use heavier thread. Some great picts, excellent photography. Nice fading misterh getting to that point where they look sick! This is my favorite fabric from Cone. They might rerun this again in the future but it will not have a real indigo fill(weft) just navy. The indigo weft yarns were very problomatic for them so I don't think this will be rerun as indigo/indigo so glad you all have a pair and are experiencing the beauty of indigo/indigo on a rough canvas. The canvas is so abrasive you get much more intense fades then denim. C

i think it's awesome that left field does runs of the chinos in limited runs of unique fabrics. After these can't take any more abuse or after the contest is over i'm going to pick up another project pair of chinos since i can't wear jeans during the week. just seems to make so much sense for my lifestyle.

still loving these pants and rocking them every day to work. weekend warrioring it with my OG Roys.

Hey Robbie apologies for not including you as one the contest organizers, met up with Andrew and he let me know, great contest you guys put together, a solid group of guys. Regarding buttons let me know if anyone needs any extra I will mail you them. I have switched to a 4 hole and had the factory adjust their machines to be able to use heavier thread. Some great picts, excellent photography. Nice fading misterh getting to that point where they look sick! This is my favorite fabric from Cone. They might rerun this again in the future but it will not have a real indigo fill(weft) just navy. The indigo weft yarns were very problomatic for them so I don't think this will be rerun as indigo/indigo so glad you all have a pair and are experiencing the beauty of indigo/indigo on a rough canvas. The canvas is so abrasive you get much more intense fades then denim. C

Aww man, thats kinda heartbreaking. Guess i was just late to the party.

I checked all your stockist couldnt find it in 33 or 34, couldnt find that awesome octopus bandana either. Say you got any in some forgotten backroom at the studio by any chance?

My next run of indigo/indigo ducks are in sewing currently. Fall I will have both the Greaser and The Chelsea(new narrow fit) available in the indigo duck, raw of course. This might kill off my remaining fabric. I ordered enough so I could hoard it. I had a feeling this might be the last production run. C

^ very enticing. the chelsea seems right up my alley, personally i think the chinos would be the ultimate if it had a slightly narrower fit. can't wait to see those!

not to make things more confusing but the Greaser is current model, basic slim straight 5 pocket jean, slightly higher rise. The Chelsea is a narrower fit, lower rise 5 pocket jean, The current chino fit i'm calling the Miner fit and the narrow lower rise chino is The Kerouac. All fits will be delivered in the next month but for this season The Kerouac is going to be the JP millitary twill only, mostly fashion fabrics going forward. The Miner will be more workwear fabrics but as I mentioned the leg is a little slimmer for spring. Living in Greenpoint border of Williamsburg Brooklyn I def recognize the need for a slimmer fit for both the chinos and denim so hoping to cover both markets. Although I know I sure as hell can't fit into The Chelsea. C

Definitely intrigued by a slimmed-up indigo chino! I'll be keeping my eye on the site. Here's to (shamelessly) hoping a pair in my size wind up as seconds...

Also may I suggest non-contest specific Left Field talk be shifted over to the Left Field thread? Lets leave these competetive cats to their competition.

Hey, it's working! Tried uploading all of this to the thread yesterday with no luck.

429721_10150595111576835_508016834_9558118_137706295_n.jpg

Came home from work and made dinner for the wife and I. We had puffy tacos and all the trimmings.

417033_10150595112286835_1316056631_n.jpg

fresh pico de gallo

429421_10150595112566835_508016834_9558121_1194018772_n.jpg

an avocado dip my friend showed me. not as good as guacamole, but simple and quite tasty in a pinch.

464399_10150595112016835_508016834_9558119_2135614666_o.jpg

'margaritas'

and a fit for good measure

429856_10150595112871835_508016834_9558122_766533826_n.jpg

Edited by robbie

damn, that new tattoo looks great. i think it's the first time we've seen the full finished "product"? damn those cellphone pocket fades! those chinos seem to be holding up well to the abuse!

edit: oh and by the way, what were these photos shot on? very high quality images. beautiful.

Edited by ranonranonarat

HH, my pants currently have a double 2 inch cuff for wear with engineers. Hoping that will translate into a single cuff after the first wash.

Glad you like the change, misterh. Hope the rest of you all don't mind the title change! It came to me while I was hanging out with Christian last week. I think it reflects the nature of why we're all involved in this little contest.

Ranon, the photos were shot on my ladies Pentax Asahi K1000. She's also shoots MF. I've got around 12 rolls of film from my Mamiya waiting to get developed and I think she has a bunch for her Hasselblad so I should have some more stuff for the thread coming up soon.

Ray, there's not too too much going on with my MFRC's yet, but I'll definitely shoot some detail pictures (along with an April chinos update as well). I finally put insoles in them and shaved down a little corner on the tag that was scraping up my calf.