Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

Nice one Robbie. I assume adh has some pics as well. Surely such an epic meeting of the fathers of the contest didn't go undocumented.

Jack and I are taking the chinos to prince Edward island for the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to get back home.

got a split in the crotch from the fabric being thin. need to do some repair work before too long. also, i'm training for a half-marathon and have put on weight. apparently this conundrum is usual, but not sure i would have signed up for it if i was going to "outgrow" my pants.

the best time in my life was my daughter's birth. lots of advice to come your way soon. mine is: try to experience everything that is occuring as slowly as possible, cuz once that kid shows it's warp speed ahead.

here are some more pics from my trip to prince edward island.

I played a lot of golf. Didn't wear the indigo ducks, because they are a bit too beat up imo, so I my other left field ducks got to go golfing. highlight had to be when I played mill river, where they shot a season of the big break, which is a show on the golf channel.

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

local beer that stole one of my days of the trip, due to excessive enjoyment the previous evening.

IMG_1254.jpg

took jack to the pool at a friends cottage as well as the beach a bunch of times.

IMG_7662.jpg

Canoe Cove is probably my favourite place on the planet.

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

local beverage that was easily my favourite as a kid. it used to come in glass bottles then.

IMG_7719.jpg

more fun at a friends place.

IMG_7571.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7588.jpg

IMG_7702.jpg

two friends I wish I could see more of, but we all live in different parts of the country.

IMG_1302.jpg

had a great time. didn't wear the ducks for the whole trip, but I was sure to wear them to all the places they had to see.

tumblr_m8hohtJYC61qd5balo1_500.png

Started classes to get my FAA AMT (aviation maintenance tech) license this past wednesday.

tumblr_m8jliuMMHV1qd5balo1_500.png

This is the shop area. It is torture right now. Walk past the shop, the planes, and all the tools and have to sit in class.

tumblr_m8jlhmrdGf1qd5balo1_500.png

I am in class with a lot of nice folks, right now all we are doing is listening to lectures, doing remedial math and hearing tired old safety adages like 'Safety is no accident' and this fine gem

tumblr_m8jlk6XR8M1qd5balo1_500.png

Thanks, The next 18 months are gonna be crazy. But I'm tired of the retail bullshit jobs a person with my limited education can get.

Hey, you gonna be home in October? The wife and I are coming up to Topeka to visit some friends. Not sure how much of a meet up we could do, but I'd love to get together and grab a bagel or some coffee or something if there's time in our schedules..

Edited by robbie

Thanks, The next 18 months are gonna be crazy. But I'm tired of the retail bullshit jobs a person with my limited education can get.

Hey, you gonna be home in October? The wife and I are coming up to Topeka to visit some friends. Not sure how much of a meet up we could do, but I'd love to get together and grab a bagel or some coffee or something if there's time in our schedules..

Hell yes. Hit me up!

Well it looks like someones been enjoying their summer, belated congrats Robbie and good luck with the aviation mechanic school. I hear you about working retail if that's not a motivator I don't know what is. Say congrats to the Mrs as well from me. Christian

robbie congrats to you and yours.

these are from 2 weeks ago when i was in st. louis, missouri. still going strong, i've been wearing them about 4-5 days a week. finding it hard to snap them in the right light to fully capture the progress but they're going in the wash today so i'll snap a few after.

EVMbml.jpg

pIgTml.jpg

and dudes! shameless plug but what the hell - if you have an iPad you should grab a copy of the free issue from alarm magazine. they were doing a quarterly book but are switching over to a bi-monthly print magazine. they're doing two special digital issues to relaunch. you can find me in there. check it here.

also - check the fresh ink - just done a week ago (duckz in the shot).

RQiQkl.jpg

Edited by mapz

asking people you barely know to take your picture with a camera phone is odd

tumblr_m9a9a3iICP1qd5balo1_500.png

we actually got out into the shop today. Here I am in front of the Cessna 172 (I think that's right, still learning my planes)

tumblr_m9a9gqFOdU1qd5balo1_500.png

My friend from class Derek said to me 'your pants are really blue, like REALLY blue... what did you do to them?' so I explained it to him. Dude laughed like a jackal after I geeked out about the fabric and the brand, and the contest, and ...

anyways..

tumblr_m9aagteJRN1qd5balo1_500.png

Really dig this camo pattern, was staring at it for a full minute or two when a class mate said 'Hey that pattern looks a lot like those hunting pants (the camo chinos) you wear to class sometimes 'cept yours has leaFs on it right? '

In class today we learned a few knots for tying down airplanes when you are unable to park them in a hangar. Here my buddies are practicing the Bowline knot.

tumblr_m9a9h9tT4W1qd5balo1_500.png

Ohh, and then this afternoon i found these cool USAAF insulated pants.

tumblr_m9a9rpYXxc1qd5balo1_500.png

Edited by robbie

Really dig this camo pattern, was staring at it for a full minute or two when a class mate said 'Hey that pattern looks a lot like those hunting pants (the camo chinos) you wear to class sometimes 'cept yours has leaFs on it right? '

I covet those camo pants rob.

I experienced something similar when I took Jack into school one day and over heard one secratary say to the other "look, he cuffs his jeans just like his dad."

Sometimes It's funny to get in on what others notice about you.