Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

July Update.... Took a quick weekend trip to Carlsbad CA...

img0826ch.jpg

img0845fv.jpg

img0852n.jpg

Stopped by Stone Brewery... They had an hour and half wait to eat, so I got a huge mac/cheese/ale appetizer that filled us up.

img0769s.jpg

Hanging out in their great outdoor gardens...

img0804jk.jpg

And filled up my growler with smoked port vanilla...

img0824bt.jpg

img0825zj.jpg

then the next day stopped by Pizza Port... not not from toy story. But Port Brewing's Pizza Port.

img0857rf.jpg

Sausage, onion, mushroom and artichoke hearts.

img0856g.jpg

And had to get a growler of their Good Grief Brown....

img0863hj.jpg

thanks, it's worth the trip. It's not cheap once you get of there though... really easy to spend the dough... There's a pond there with a water fall and really not many people around right behind me in that pic.

Damn, IHBW, those look fantastic! It'd be great to see 'em again in person some time. Over a beer? Burrito? Beerrito?

Yeah man. That would be great. Like to see how you are settling in here. I'll have to find your contact info. You get a car yet? Happy Hooligan lives out by me. We can all try and get together and nerd out on clothes. PM me.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this to all of you yet, but I'm a huge hockey fan. Been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan since I was a kid, so it's great living in Toronto now, getting to see/meet some of the people/players I grew up watching. Toronto is a town big on hockey, and Doug Gilmour, former Leafs player and one of my heroes as a kid, was throwing a Celebrity Charity Softball game today, so Jack and I went to go check it out. most of the "celebs" were former and current NHL players and some musicians as well.

IMG_1067.jpg

Jack was rocking his Left Field gear today, and getting a lot of attention.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_7405.jpg

#28 Tie Domi - he was very popular a few years back as a tough guy. he played in New york for the rangers for a while, some of you might remember him.

IMG_7393.jpg

some of the scenery.

IMG_7394.jpg

Jim Cuddy on left, he's the lead singer of the band Blue Rodeo and Micheal Del Zotto, he plays for the rangers right now.

IMG_7396.jpg

Jack got to meet Carlton the bear.

1d7d888c.jpg

Edited by misterh

hi folks, unlike some of you regular posters, i’ve not been updating enough, having been swamped with work for the last couple of months. however i managed to squeeze in a short trip to hong kong for a few days, on the pretext of work.

arrived to a foggy morning but i guess the view made up for it. it may not appear to be so but it was some of the strongest winds i’ve experienced in the tropics that day.

7609788220_c6f52dce95_z.jpg

i’m here doing research for a developer client on a couple of malls. i was really interested in the spaces above the mall, a kind of artificial urban plateau built and elevated high up above ground level which consisted of huge private and semi public grounds in which the high rise office and residential towers surround.

7609788444_6459c222ed_z.jpg

walked around a bit in between my site visits. shopping’s something really big in hk, but this time round i noticed there’s been a number of shops on the rise carrying vintage and americana goods.

7609788870_d3653ec720_z.jpg

random shot of tram, probably one of the most obsolete modes of transportation in a metropolitan city, yet many still retain them for their charm. In a city like hk, its actually really convenient to get around by it.

7609787732_6d4522f17e_z.jpg

central, probably one of my favourite locations to visit whenever i’m here. i’d spend a good morning wandering around. it never fails to amaze me how this part of the city is so creatively built over the undulating ground. the quality of the urban spaces that result and how it has evolved and shaped the neighbourhoods, the contrasts etc is really inspiring.

7609787208_8621edf180_z.jpg

whilst i was there i managed to catch an artist on show

7609786542_5032f750fc_z.jpg

and tried some single origin coffee

7609787438_8c0ba66bfd_z.jpg

best of both worlds - lunch and dinner at for kee and the press room was equally delactable

7609789046_25866efd31_z.jpg

7609787980_e0422605fd_z.jpg

and lastly, of course i brought the leftfields with me

7609786824_1c086b57c7_z.jpg

Edited by ninja07

Been busy all summer, and I only wear my pants to work, so I have to make a point of it to get photos of them. Also, not much has changed. They were coming along pretty well until I did a (cold) machine wash. They're still making progress, but it's a lot slower now. Been wearing them ~50 hours a week or so, biking probably 20 miles a week in them. They're holding up pretty well aside from a tear at the cuff that I'll have to tend to. Sorry about the weird photos. Oh, and since I get this question every time I post, these are the black ones.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

This is my "back yard," which is why I was limited in places to take photos

IMG_0436.jpg

my family and I were invited to a lake house today. my wife's friend married a guy whose family has been selling real estate in and around the toronto area for many years, so needless to say their lake house was pretty nice.

view from the back yard. that's the boat we'd later take out.

IMG_7415.jpg

jack's first boat ride. the ducks didn't make it onto the boat, sorry.

IMG_7420.jpg

the real estate mogul.

IMG_7422.jpg

scenery.

IMG_7431.jpg

real estate mogul pulled us into a little town after boating around for a while, and treated us to lunch. these cats were enjoying themselves it seems.

IMG_7435.jpg

you know you're in canada when ....

IMG_7439.jpg

jack enjoyed the "pool" when we got back.

IMG_7471.jpg

Guest lottiboi

Hi guys, sorry I was AWOL for the last month, i was off at orchestra camp living the dream for say! got some wear and a wash in!

f06sn4.jpg

124kods.jpg

50i5n4.jpg

316kmkw.jpg

color is fairly accurate, i have some pictures and video to put up from camp just gotta sort through it

jack and I went to high park again today, this time to check out the zoo.

the zoo needed a huge cash donation to keep it running or it was going to close. I read this morning that the closing was scheduled for last month, but someone coughed up the cash so now it's still going strong.

it's free admission, but jack and I donated some cash.

IMG_7513.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

stopped to have some lunch.

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

time to leave.

IMG_7539.jpg

before it was time to love, we saw some llamas having sex. when it comes time for "the talk" with jack, I might use llamas instead of birds and bees.

EBay rawlings heart of hide or hoh.