Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

what kind of leica is that, adh?

WGMDS - It's a Kiev 4 that I snagged off of ebay cheap. I think I'm going to flip it after I put a few rolls through it.

Mapz - really fabulous shots. And super jealous of that EG shirt.

Robbie - I think they're turning out much better than you give yourself credit for. Can't wait to see how mine look post wash.

ah. whoops! i remember you saying something about leica previously and i just assumed incorrectly. out of all of the "cone indigo ducks" that have been a sort of craze recently, it seems like these left fields are the best, and the smartest. treating such a canvas like a pair of jeans doesn't make sense to me... but hey, maybe it's just me.

ah. whoops! i remember you saying something about leica previously and i just assumed incorrectly. out of all of the "cone indigo ducks" that have been a sort of craze recently, it seems like these left fields are the best, and the smartest. treating such a canvas like a pair of jeans doesn't make sense to me... but hey, maybe it's just me.

Been keeping an eye on the progress of this contest. I was thinking the same thing, I don't understand why so many guys are treating these the same way they would a pair of jeans. i'm hoping someone (Robbie, Hooligan?) goes for nicely washed and worn in look rather than contrast, contrast, contrast. not that you don't want a little whiskering, but I'd like to see someone break the mold and produce something that at the end of the contest doesn't look like a pair of flat heads or samurai.

I was a little apprehensive to wash at first because I wanted them to stay dark as I really love how well these dressed up. But they are indigo, and this is a contest so I want them to show some wear. I think I'll give them quite a few more washes through out the summer. It's already 90 here, I can't imagine what summer will be like once we've moved back to Oklahoma.

Edited by robbie

....YES. did you machine wash?

Yeah. First machine wash (soaked 3 times prior). Cold/gentle. Not sure why there's so much crocking, but I dig it. I just don't think I'll be able to do another machine wash at all if I want to still wear them to work

just did my first real wash at the end of 4 months after wearing them raw from day one. the pre and post wash pics are taken at different times of the day which explains the colour variations, even though they are still pretty dark in real life. I guess it shows the depth of the cone denim in a really interesting way.

on with the pics.....

6975347758_bd3128deec_z.jpg

7121428627_0810d419af_z.jpg

7121429723_fa66821f67_z.jpg

7121448009_773545ba85_z.jpg

some details

7121446463_c902bd03d0_z.jpg

7121447259_75be730f49_z.jpg

6975348850_37285e5bfb_z.jpg

6975348478_53ca0af115_z.jpg

last shots

6975436928_00b3356c31_z.jpg

7121447629_f28aeeffd2_z.jpg

the inseam shrunk 1â€, all else remains roughly unchanged after wearing them while still damp to get back some stretch.

nice post -wash fellas. bit the bullet and just ordered a pair of the new run of indigo - everyone's indigo pics were making me jealous.

might have to either rotate or save for next year.

I realize most of my updates involve cars....

Today it was spent at Burbank's Johnny Carson Park and the "Road Kings" car clubs, annual car show.

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Awesome cars and trucks... what more is there to say. You can see a lot of these same ones every Friday night at Bobs Big Boy.

IMG_0638.jpg

These two were cool as they were a matching pair of Rolls Royce's...

IMG_0639.jpg

Then keeping the SoCal theme of cars, we stopped at In N Out for lunch.

IMG_0646.jpg

I don't know what you do in those pants of yours... but they're going to have really amazing fades when you're done. You should get those holes fixed or you won't have a pair of pants by the year is up....