Out in Left Field (1/1/2012-1/1/2013)

robbie

looking good everyone. kansas I love that sunset pic with the silo in the background.

left the city today to drive my brother in law home. he lives about an hour and a half west of us.

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6288.jpg

there was lots more snow in his town than mine.

IMG_6338.jpg

participated in one of the more canadian activities the chinos will see i'm sure.

IMG_6342.jpg

jack played a few tunes for us and we were on our way home.

IMG_4694-1.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

I had intended to take more pics, but the camera ran out of batteries. rookie move.

Edited by misterh

Geocaching??? I had never heard of it. A little google search and it sounds like something fun to do on a day where no one can think of something to do. I still can't wait for my pants to get here. I exchanged mine for a size 30 so I don't expect them to get here until maybe mid next week. That's okay. You all will need the head start anyways... Hah.

i don't know how long geocaching has been round, but my friend has been into it for a while. the phone app. leads you to within feet of the spot. sometimes the container is obvious and sometimes you have to walk for a good distance. More people seem to be into it than one would think. There are about 25 caches along the rural highway that runs about a 30 mile stretch.

@surly, yeah nice wallet - and i think i see some potpourri bits next to your diffuser.

well it finally snowed in chicago, kind of? it's all pretty much gone. thought i'd never say this, but, where the fuck is the snow? anyway, i usually ride my bike to work, but this week it's been the train.

RAYuL.jpg

waiting for that train.

aeVPi.jpg

duck lighter for the duck chinos. i'm notorious for losing lighters, so let's see if i can keep this one for a whole year. been keeping it in the watch pocket.

hello guys, finally got my hemmed pair back from the tailor.

so a little about myself...

i'm andrew from hong kong...and i work as a reporter for a local tv station.

these chinos will be my work pants when i go out on assignments around town.

6636315653_c203bbba94_z.jpg

i'll also be wearing the chinos with my af79...

6636095997_1392952c69_z.jpg

Great fit Eggplant! I'm also Andrew. I think we have 3 or 4 iterations of the name within our competition.

Excited to see everyone rocking their chinos. Hope you can catch up RNR. I can't wait until mine start settling and draping a little more naturally.

Was supposed to start a sleeve today, but the heat was broken at my tattoo artists place so we had to postpone. Super bummed.

Here's a picture of my pair from today. I can already see things happening.

Photoon1-4-12at426PM2copy.jpg

I sold my D300 body to my dad last week and all of my lenses on eBay. I'm still trying to find a lens for my new Mamiya 7, but once I have my camera you guys won't have to put up with terrible photobooth shots... Actually, this will probably be the last photobooth picture I post.

The shirt is a Gant Rugger chambray that I received for Christmas. I like the fit, but I'm kind of a freak... Lack of gussets, no run offs, the shape of the pocket, square yoke kind of turned me off to it. That said I think it'll get a lot of regular wear.

Edit: What are you guys reading, listening to, watching? Currently really into Nicolas Jarr's album Space Is Only Noise and Marika Papagika.

Edited by ADH92

Yeah she's haunting in the best way. I would post a download link, but I don't think her stuff is entirely in the public domain. Even though it was released in the early 20's I think because it was rereleased in 2008 that would make it illegal to distribute... Anyway, her album The Further the Flame, the Worse It Burns Me is amazing.

Robbie, you should show what your khakis look like inside after a week or two... I've had light blue knees for the past 3 days...

Do the black ones bleed like the indigo do?

I should check in:

I'm Joel. I'm 27 and live in Brooklyn. During the day, I'm a software developer doing front end work, the rest of the time I take pictures. I'm planning on wearing these about 3 times a week as I'm in a couple other contests (eternal 811, which is already a year on the way, and the samurai 5th year anniversary contest, which is supposed to start eventually maybe) and have been wearing jeans for the past 4 years, so wearing these all the time feels a little weird.

_-3.jpg

thanks, they aren't actually crooked in real life, i just was using a laundry bag as a makeshift tripod. They're some of my shots that were up at a couple coffee shops this summer around the city.

We have some really cool people in this contest, lots of diverse occupations and locations. Ninja07 I know what you mean about the tightness in the hip area. I felt the same thing but after about 10 days things have loosened up nicely.

I was thinking of running a stitch line on the back pocket bags because they are quite deep. Thought that would help in placing the wallet where I'm use to it...

I'd also like to stitch a small coin pocket inside the right front, similar to many dress pants, so I don't loose my change every time I sit down...

Edited by Happy Hooligan

yeah i found the topblock a bit taut, but after a few wears it does loosen up. i find the pockets a bit deep, but that just means more chambray? i don't really mind them, but i'm not finding shit falling out of my pockets.

Everyone's chinos are looking great. I still haven't ordered mine as Christian suggested comparing the measurements with my old ducks - since we're away i can't do that for another couple of days. Itching to get these after seeing all your pics :)