NOIR Australia

McDuder

So after extensive research primarily via this forum and uptherestore.com, I ordered these NOIR selvedge 15.5 oz jeans.

http://www.uptherestore.com/product/selvedge-5-pocket-jean-001-indigo

Anyone have any personal experience with these? I'll post impressions if they ever reach me (currently stuck in customs, haven't been able to get a good explanation as to why, thanks TNT shipping).

And I'm glad to hear the good impressions. It wasn't until after I ordered them that I realized just how small of a company NOIR is relative to bigger top notch denim companies. Granted my only sources of judgement are this forum and a couple other good denim sites I discovered last night.

Edited by McDuder

So after extensive research primarily via this forum and uptherestore.com, I ordered these NOIR selvedge 15.5 oz jeans.

http://www.uptherest...jean-001-indigo

Anyone have any personal experience with these? I'll post impressions if they ever reach me (currently stuck in customs, haven't been able to get a good explanation as to why, thanks TNT shipping).

Not really on topic, but TNT are the worst. Every time they are the delivery company I have trouble. Every. Time.

jesus i literally got off the phone with them. jeans have been in their warehouse for three days and i had to contact them to figure out why they weren't passing through customs. they were confounded by the concept of $300 dollar jeans (somewhat fair) and wanted to clarify that the stated value was correct before passing them through customs. After a drawn out conversation about percentages and mumbo jumbo, I finally got bombed with some crazy price for their "services" to get the jeans through customs. I just wanna get mine! Sorry for the rant. They are literally the worst though.

Absolutely. I bought something from Apple On-Line. I was on the phone every day to TNT over four days to try to get them to deliver them properly. I had delivery drivers who would drive close to the house and declare that they couldn't find the house, though they could find the driveway. I wasted days on this and more money in phone costs than I saved from shopping the Black Friday sale. It was a nightmare. I finally got it only because Apple is a big customer for TNT and they didn't want to completely piss them off. The. Worst.

Noir is high quality amazing stuff. everything is sourced from japan and the designer frequently heads over to make sure everything is done right. the little details are awesome. i'm sure you'll like them. ive seen Pete's pair of faded denims on his blog and upthere blog and they look awesome.