railcar fine goods

kayodic

Thanks. That's awesome. I hope to make it look all spiffy eventually but we just wanted something up right away. The only hard part is finding more time for her to wear them.

How's your CB550 coming along?

All the projects moving slow. Only have time on the weekend, if I'm lucky. In the workshop 5-6 days a week cuttin and sewing. Be sure to swing by the workshop some time.

We got our new Spikes X011s available on our site. 14oz Japanese brown red line selvedge fabric.

Here is the direct link. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJSPIKESX011

Please let me know if you have any questions.

x01103_zps32b8f929.jpg

Fronts reconstructed. Had to patch up the missing denim to maintain the same fit. And kept the front seam so it still looks like a jean. Now its time to do the crotch.

00104_zpsfcdbaba9.jpg

00105_zps2704c427.jpg

00106_zpsaa6f06e4.jpg

Are there examples of how brown denim fades? Does it even fade?

The brown fabric does fade. Our other brown styles does show fades. As for these new X011, they will probably have similar fades but they are so new we dont have fade samples to show. We need to get some people to beat these up and post some pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

We are almost about to ship stock of Spikes X009 16oz Japanese dark indigo red line selvedge with hidden back pocket rivets to Rivet and Hide. Orders through Rivet and Hide will ship directly through them. They are based in London. Check them out. Real nice guys. www.rivetandhide.com

Below are a couple of pictures at this time here at the RFG Workshop. Almost ready to make their way half way around the world.

rivetandhide001_zpsb4c0df79.jpg

rivetandhide002_zps7a5c58d4.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

I just got my X009! :D What a nice pair of denim.

Edit: X post from rawrdenim forum:

This wil be Fade Project #2 and just like #1, I'll post updates on my bog: http://fadeproject.tumblr.com

I've checked it inside out and I can say that this is one nice pair of denim! Really strong and tough. Nice stitching work and it has a nice dark color denim. 16oz Japanese denim from the Kurabo mills. I can't wait to see these fade!

I measured them and the measurements on the RFG web-shop are spot on by the way.

Here is a nice pic and I'll update more this weekend!

f0563a88c6ec5a16e9ff5540809cbcdc.jpg

Edited by Somar

Steven, looking forward to stopping by your guys' booth at Inspiration LA! Will you have a wide selection of women's jeans as well? I promised my girlfriend a pair...

Awesome! Yeah! We will have a good selection. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Hey just browsing through here and figured I would share a little of my fit info on my Railcar Fine Goods x001's. I initially ordered apc petite standards and upon arrival I was just not very impressed so they had to go back. After a little research and some very helpful suggestions from Steven (at railcar) himself I decided upon the viper x001's. Since I was ordering online (from a very small town in Ky) I had a ton of questions about fit specs, considering most selvedge brands aren't very women friendly. I'm a fairly slender build, approx 5"6 , 120-125 lbs. I generally wear a 26 in denim, but this was my first pair of selvedge and I was aware that I would most likely have to size up. I ended up with a 28 and they fit perfectly! They are starting to loosen a little (about 2 months in) but I'm sure after my first soak they will fit even more beautifully. I don't have any pics on hand but I'll be sure and post some progress! Hope this helps out!

Thanks guys, I made much more pics but I didn't wanted to flood this place. It was hard to find nice photo's of the X009, there just aren't that many on the internet so I'm making up for that B) .

I don’t know about you guys but when I'm interested in a certain pair of denim I always try to find as much pictures as I can to get a good impression of that pair. Hopefully this helps somebody else to get a good impression of the X009!

Hey ashliedsherman,

Windows: First click on the image on Tumblr to open it separately, then right-click your mouse on the picture, go to properties and then copy the (URL) address. If you use that address it should work.

Mac: just drag the image to a new tab in safari and then copy the adsress

Edited by Somar

• 3 weeks later...