railcar fine goods

kayodic

I will personally attest to how rad the TdN collabs are. They're nice and thick and everything on them feels like a solid and well built jean. The triple stitching all around doesn't feel like it's too much and the pocket bags are made of tough canvas.

And the results will end up where?? Would love to read them :)

New brown jeans being built right now at the Railcar Workshop! 14oz Japanese red line selvedge we are going to call the X011. In our Spikes straight/slim, medium/low rise fit and also our new James straight, medium rise fit! Compared to our last X006 brown selvedge jeans, the new X011 is a little bit darker and very interesting. Both fits of the X011 preorders open on our site. We are planing on making only a few at a time. About a dozen will be made at a time. We are starting the first build of the X011 this week. So preorder if you want in on this first build. www.railcarfinegoods.com

I made a quick leg tube to post up a teaser picture. We are planing on going a matching tread tone on the brown denim tone. Fabric is so interesting it doesn't need contract stitching.

x01101.jpg

Yow Steven a question for you:

The x001, x002, x005, x009, etc all have a different weight. How about the fit? Because on the pictures they all seem like they're the same...

Here are a few detail shots of the Railcar x Tenue de Nimes collaboration. Again, I wanted to put out there, this was a real collaboration. We just didn't slap on a patch and call it done. We built this run especially for them with a combine ideas!Menno has the full inventory of them. Contact him at [email protected] for orders.You can also contact as well at [email protected] burnt branded 8oz raw leather patch. Limited and serialized!RFGxTdN02.jpgPrinted art work by Menno on heavy American canvas for pocket bags.RFGxTdN03.jpg13oz American Cone Mills orange line selvedge. Heavy canvas pocket baggingRFGxTdN04.jpgTriple stitched seat seams. Triple stitched belt loops that are tucked under the waistband.RFGxTdN05.jpgTwo piece waistband with tucked chain stitching to help prevent waistband unraveling.RFGxTdN06.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

Steven- is there much difference between the viper x003 and the x008, other than small weight difference?

Hi! Thanks for your interest. Both the denim are American Cone Mills. Both have just a little stretch. The deference of the two are that the X003 is just a little heavier and looks darker. Almost like a overdye look but it isn't. The X008 is slightly lighter. The denim shows a little more white warp through. Has more of a denim texture. Also the selvedge line are different. X003 has a red white and blue selvedge line and the X008 has a solid white.

Both are easy wearing. Just a little stretch so break in is easy. They dont have crazy power stretch. Let me know if you have any other questions. Both are great styles. Try one!

Hi! Thanks for your interest. Both the denim are American Cone Mills. Both have just a little stretch. The deference of the two are that the X003 is just a little heavier and looks darker. Almost like a overdye look but it isn't. The X008 is slightly lighter. The denim shows a little more white warp through. Has more of a denim texture. Also the selvedge line are different. X003 has a red white and blue selvedge line and the X008 has a solid white.

Both are easy wearing. Just a little stretch so break in is easy. They dont have crazy power stretch. Let me know if you have any other questions. Both are great styles. Try one!

thanks man. considering getting either of these for my lady. How much do you think the thighs would stretch? i measured a pair of her levis at close to 11" laid flat. I dont think that was right after a wash though.

thanks man. considering getting either of these for my lady. How much do you think the thighs would stretch? i measured a pair of her levis at close to 11" laid flat. I dont think that was right after a wash though.

Awesome. How are you measuring the thigh? We take our specs from the widest point center crotch to straight out. Take a look at this link. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1835

They both will break in a half size. So sizing them snug is good. Womens jeans tend to break in faster then mens because they have more curves.

ARHH! Wish y'all had a 17oz to enter this Heavyweight Contest with...

Yeah me too! Hard to get a hold of some 17oz denim. Maybe this coming up year we may have something heavier. For now the 16oz X009 is the heaviest we have.

Thanks for the interest though!

Awesome. How are you measuring the thigh? We take our specs from the widest point center crotch to straight out. Take a look at this link. http://www.railcarfi...ts.asp?Cat=1835

They both will break in a half size. So sizing them snug is good. Womens jeans tend to break in faster then mens because they have more curves.

yeah thats how i measured the thigh. She would probably be a 26 waist in vipers but the 9.75 thigh kinda concerns me. She has athletic legs.

yeah thats how i measured the thigh. She would probably be a 26 waist in vipers but the 9.75 thigh kinda concerns me. She has athletic legs.

Our fits run snug true to size. Sizing up one wouldnt hurt. We make our jeans with a ton of shape in the top block so even if you size up one she wont get crazy back waistband gapping issues. And try the Viper X008. X008 has just a little bit of stretch that may work for her. Easy easy fitting. Might work for her athletic legs.

haha. I just saw crossfit in your profile. Im guessing your pretty athletic too.

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the Spike x002 but I'm concerned about some of the measurements, specifically the leg opening. The jeans I've been wearing lately have the following flat measurements:

Waist: 16.5

Thigh: 11

Knee: 8.5

Leg: 8.25

Other than needing a little more room in the thighs, these fit pretty well. Any suggestions on size in the x002? I'm looking for a fit similar to this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VRERPOG_f4A/T-Sfh4eqlcI/AAAAAAAAA2U/5egT2g6eH-U/s1600/railcarwithoglonfive.jpg

Thanks - Ryan

Our fits run snug true to size. Sizing up one wouldnt hurt. We make our jeans with a ton of shape in the top block so even if you size up one she wont get crazy back waistband gapping issues. And try the Viper X008. X008 has just a little bit of stretch that may work for her. Easy easy fitting. Might work for her athletic legs.

haha. I just saw crossfit in your profile. Im guessing your pretty athletic too.

haha yeah man i gotta be careful of anything that dips much below a 12 inch thigh. I'll keep in mind that the x008 is stretchier. Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited to throw my legs into a fresh pair of RFG Spikes X09. I got a chance to visit Steven, Celisse, Ruben, and the rest of the RFG family in Arcadia, California while on vacation, and I'm super excited and impressed by their story and craft.

Photos of the trip will come up soon, but in the meantime, here are my new jeans!

6rYb0.jpg

An inside look in the Railcar workshop. We are currently making another set of the mens Spikes X009 for one of our favorite stockist, Rivet and Hide, based in London. They will be stocking the Spikes X009 16oz Japanese indigo red line selvedge. Their stocked goods ship direct from them and has free UK shipping. If your especially in UK, contact them to reserve yours. We just need to finish up a couple of pieces for them. Making them from scratch here at the shop. Picture shown is Ruben making a few olive green front pocket bags to complete Rivet and Hides size run. www.rivetandhide.com

14873_536926516331415_1248184626_n.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG