railcar fine goods

kayodic

3 hours ago, Taylor_RFG said:

yes still in production and then as soon as they are finished we are going to spec ALL sizes, sorry for the wait we are catching up from the holidays. I will keep everyone posted!

Hoping the modifications mean they are slim and straight like the spikes but with a higher rise and avoid the lifters cut 

On 1/26/2018 at 3:59 PM, kbuzz said:

Hoping the modifications mean they are slim and straight like the spikes but with a higher rise and avoid the lifters cut 

The Journeyman is meant to be a relaxed fit so it is a wider leg than the Spikes. We have had people get sized in the Journeyman because they like the rise and do a taper on it if they dont like the wide leg look, so that is an option for you. 25% off all alterations for Railcars using code: rfgservice25. We are hoping to have all specs within the next 2 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Taylor_RFG said:

The Journeyman is meant to be a relaxed fit so it is a wider leg than the Spikes. We have had people get sized in the Journeyman because they like the rise and do a taper on it if they dont like the wide leg look, so that is an option for you. 25% off all alterations for Railcars using code: rfgservice25. We are hoping to have all specs within the next 2 weeks. 

I'm.....actually looking for a fit something like this i.e room in thighs and a little taper below knee. 

Will the new fit be something like this then? Previous journeyman was pretty good imo but just a little too wide in the hem opening for me.

59 minutes ago, ALB said:

I'm.....actually looking for a fit something like this i.e room in thighs and a little taper below knee. 

Will the new fit be something like this then? Previous journeyman was pretty good imo but just a little too wide in the hem opening for me.

Like I said it can be! :) 

Find a good size for you in the Journeyman fit and do taper from below the knee and you're basically all set. 

The tapering option is greet to hear re the journeyman.  So let me ask one other question is the rear and hips of the journeyman also wider than the spikes 

Tapering would be a great option for me but won’t work if it’s sloppy in the rear 

but thanks for the update Taylor 

been wanting to try railcar for a while 

4 minutes ago, kbuzz said:

The tapering option is greet to hear re the journeyman.  So let me ask one other question is the rear and hips of the journeyman also wider than the spikes 

Tapering would be a great option for me but won’t work if it’s sloppy in the rear 

but thanks for the update Taylor 

been wanting to try railcar for a while 

Yes its going to be a bit wider in the hip area than the Spikes. No problem! Ill get that chart up soon, the relaxed fit is in this year haha!

Hope all is well everyone!

Felon003 Button Down is released. Made from deadstock UCO fabric. This is a heavier weight slubby denim shirt. These are sewn on our collection of vintage machines that give a very authentic look. Hope anyone who picks one of these up enjoys it as much as we enjoyed making them! 

IMG_5261.jpg.51bb3ba8cb8cdd433722c12aa2b90fca.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg.eee458aa2140675f00271f1bb5eadeed.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg.50a15a98fb109f0a854a02b97bcdf20f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, thanks for being so patient with us on the Journeyman specs I know its taking some time. We are almost finished with the next set of sizes, we made some slight changes to the fit. They should be done very soon! 

-Railcar Team

• 3 weeks later...

We have a couple sizes measured below. As more sizes come out of production I will add them in. Here is a test fit Steven is wearing. He is a size 30. This fabric is 15oz and is fresh off the machines so it is very crispy looking right now, with a wash and once you start to break it in it drapes a little smoother. 

Size

Waistband

Front rise

Back rise

Thigh @ crotch

Thigh @ 2 in below crotch

Knee

Bottom opening

Inseam length

IMG_6877.JPG.1aa9aa80d9eefe469f04d2493b1de3e6.JPG

A customer dropped off a year old Spikes X001 recently. Thought you might want to see a comparison, he said he washes them twice wore them for one year on and off. Once we run out of X001 fabric this style will be discontinued. 

Spikes X001: 13 ounce American Cone Mills.

IMG_6271.JPG.c0f47ebc7b639149b91a6eedd4f558c8.JPG

IMG_6288.JPG

Edited by Taylor_RFG

@Taylor_RFG thanks for the new measurements. They look really good overall, although the back rise may be just a bit low, IMO. Steven's fit pic looks great! Does your 15oz proprietary denim have any shrink when washed a couple of times? What about stretch after a 20-30+ days wear? I'm very interested in a pair of the Journeyman in your 15oz denim, been waiting to see what the new measurements look like. Thanks! mpp

15 hours ago, mpukas said:

@Taylor_RFG thanks for the new measurements. They look really good overall, although the back rise may be just a bit low, IMO. Steven's fit pic looks great! Does your 15oz proprietary denim have any shrink when washed a couple of times? What about stretch after a 20-30+ days wear? I'm very interested in a pair of the Journeyman in your 15oz denim, been waiting to see what the new measurements look like. Thanks! mpp

No problem! Thanks, it tightens up but stretches back out with regular wear. They stretch about half inch to a full inch in the waist overtime, I've noticed it takes a bit longer to stretch out too its a fairly heavy denim. Some have done cold soaks to help stretch and mold in and I've heard great feedback from that. 

3 hours ago, Bob_Sacamano_ said:

@Taylor_RFG do you know which retailers will be getting pairs for this?

Yes below are all the retailers who have picked up the Journeyman fit, more of our retailers might stock this style in the future. If you guys have any denim shops near you that might be a good fit for Railcar let us know, maybe we can get our goods closer to you. 

Blue Seven- Oklahoma             Canoe Club- Colorado      Denim Saloon-Nebraska        Mildblend- Chicago 

Byron & Barclay- Kentucky      Context- Wisconsin          Lizard Lounge- Oregon            Withered Fig- North Virginia 

On 4/3/2018 at 9:42 PM, mpukas said:

@Taylor_RFG thanks for the new measurements. They look really good overall, although the back rise may be just a bit low, I

Yes i agree, at least on paper.  The noticeable example being the size 34.  Only has a 15 rear rise> Seems a bit off but only a try on will tell. Also there is an inch and half increase in rear rise from the 34 to the 35- which appears to me a much larger gap then between any other two sizes (pun is intended)

Only way to know is to try on though....ive never been happy with rear rises lower then 15 3/4 on a 35-36 waist. But you never know because I've been happy with a recent Sugar cane type 3 with a rise lower than 16...must be the narrow thighs which keeps it up. LOL

Hi, new here

Was just on the web and stumbled in on this thread. I have the new journeyman's fit just like the one mentioned above and from the photo taylor posted.

Here are some fit photos of mine, notice I am much fuller in the thigh and butt region compared to steven. 

Fit pics here. Sorry for the potato photos. 

• 5'5"
  • 140lb
  • size 30" with the button moved a 1/2" tighter

I have been wearing them for about a week now. I would have to say that the denim stretches A lot. I have not yet soaked it, however along with the fact that steven already moved my button in a 1/2 size, the waist has stretched out a considerable amount. 

I am not too concerned because i will probably get a waist reduction done. However i think my next pair i will try and fit size 29" Although, i always size by the thighs so this a common occurrence for me. Below i will give a brief review

The new fabric is a stray from the norm of cone mills, which i find very welcoming and fun. It is a very rich indigo that reflects a blackend cool tone of indigo. The warp yarns are starchy and uneven. On the other hand the weft is a clean crisp white that is tight and organized. The outside of the fabric has in interesting sandpaper feel while the inside is soft and flexible. However, i find the denim to be a very hot pair of paints to wear temperature wise. 

If i was to critique any particular detail of the fabric it could be something like the inherent designed slub defects and the color. Although its not like the trending PBJ or Oni slub, and weighing in at 15oz, I feel it suits the California lifestyle just right. To be honest though when actually wearing the denim it feels a tad closer to 17oz.

I cant relate how the denim fits, because i don't understand that aspect of tailoring. I on the other hand know I require a fuller fit on pants. And i  feel that all pants that can drape over my thighs and aren't crotch busters fit the same after breaking in. Again it may have been wiser to size down in hind sight. Albeit, this likely would mean my thighs would have been again the issue. Of course, the rest of the leg is roomy downwards. 

It came as no surprise to see the how the denim was built. For example, the two piece waist band with continuous chain stitch and the interesting upside down R on the button fly represent integrity and an attempt to prevent unraveling. Also, I thoroughly enjoy the lack of fraying and use of multiple color thread all over the pants. Another detail is the center belt loop seat seam and rear yoke are all triple stitched. In terms of hardware, the buttons and rivet are all branded YKK and only upon a much closer inspection will you notice the railcar logo. Also, this pair features hidden rivets on the rear pockets. 

In conclusion, I would say this pair of pants would be great for anyone with thick thighs and a sizable butt. The denim is stiff and starchy on the outside and soft on the inside, Break in is quick and the denim stretches and moves quite a lot. The construction is completely representative of a quality built pair of pants which leads me to say its the best constructed pair of pants i own. Lastly, I enjoy the eccentric fabric and find it to have a playful strangeness in comparison to the pant's clean nature and overall execution.

mckt8HZ.jpg?1

Edited by RITCHEY
forgot the size of the pants and my size.

6 hours ago, shoreman said:

I’ll have to take a look into how RCFG takes their measurements but, for the moment, i’m disappointed sizes 33-34 won’t work. Good luck with the cut!

Hey man, here is a page on how we spec our jeans.

https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/category_s/1896.htm

@RITCHEY great first post and welcome. Those Journeyman's look good, you wear them well. I do see you point about maybe being a size too big, but good fit regardless. Nice car too ;) 

17 minutes ago, Taylor_RFG said:

Hey man, here is a page on how we spec our jeans.

https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/category_s/1896.htm

@Taylor_RFG just to clarify how you measure the back rise, do you manipulate the pants so as to align the back seam vertically, from crotch seam to top of waist band, or do you measure from where the pants naturally fold at the back crotch? 

I ask because I find the usual method of measuring back rise, from crotch seam to waist band, is the most difficult to measure accurately and leads to the biggest discrepancies when comparing my measurements to other manufacturer's measurements. 

1 minute ago, mpukas said:

@Taylor_RFG just to clarify how you measure the back rise, do you manipulate the pants so as to align the back seam vertically, from crotch seam to top of waist band, or do you measure from where the pants naturally fold at the back crotch? 

I ask because I find the usual method of measuring back rise, from crotch seam to waist band, is the most difficult to measure accurately and leads to the biggest discrepancies when comparing my measurements to other manufacturer's measurements. 

We do measure from the back crotch seam to the top of the waistband. Yeah it does involve some awkward folding/flattening of the jean however we do prefer doing it this way than to just measure where its folded, we want to give accurate specs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

The Journeyman X034 is up on the site and ready to go. Here are the latest fit pics we took of Steven in his, size 30x32. 

IMG_7667.JPG.f3b93c78e3a82ce85dcbe82c0d292c32.JPG

IMG_7673.JPG.8d5d57ec7ac54076a6b65509b7c26d04.JPG

Size Waistband Front rise Back rise Thigh @ crotch Thigh @ 2 in below crotch Knee Bottom opening Inseam length
28 14.5 10.5 13.75 11.5 10.75 8.5 7 31
29 15 10.5 13.75 12 11.25 8.5 7.5 31
30 15.5 10.5 13.75 12.25 11.5 9 8 34
31 16 11.25 14.5 12.5 11.75 9 8 34
32 16.5 11.5 14.5 13 12 9.25 8.25 34
33 17 11.5 14.5 13.25 12.25 9.5 8.25 34
34 17.5 12.25 15 13.5 12.5 9.5 8.25 34
35 18 13 16.25 14 13 9.75 8.5 34
36 18.5 13.5 17 14.25 13.25 9.75 8.5 34
38 19.5 13.5 17 14.5 13.5 10 8.75 34
40 20.5 13.5 17.5 15 13.5 10 9.25 34
42 adding soon             34