railcar fine goods

kayodic

2 hours ago, ShootThePier said:

Mad props, AGAIN, to RFG for their "Denim Services"! Got my hem jobs back, perfect! Fast turnaround.

They have done at least 7 jeans for me with results exactly as requested each time.

Thank you very much!!!

How quick was the turnaround for the hems? They just did a waste reduction on a pair of mine and did a fantastic job but they had my jeans for over 5 weeks.  You'd never know they were altered aside from the Railcar button where the original waistband button used to be. 

RCFG does hemming job much quicker than tapering and waist jobs. Hemming is 2-3 days, tapering is 2-3 weeks. I've sent in pair for tapering a couple of weeks ago... they're getting a lot of business. 

1 hour ago, kevypf597 said:

How quick was the turnaround for the hems? They just did a waste reduction on a pair of mine and did a fantastic job but they had my jeans for over 5 weeks.  You'd never know they were altered aside from the Railcar button where the original waistband button used to be. 

was that button optional?  Or something they just did?  Im considering a waist reduction on a pair but they have donut buttons and I dont want a branded button on top

1 hour ago, garden gnomes in space said:

was that button optional?  Or something they just did?  Im considering a waist reduction on a pair but they have donut buttons and I dont want a branded button on top

They state in the description on the website about using a Railcar button. 

• The original button can not be reused for the downsizing service, it will be replaced with a Railcar button. We do not recommend sizing down over two inches as waistband to hip proportions will be too drastic.

I much preferred the original button but it's no big deal as it's not a detail that I care much about. I would highly recommend this service if you're considering it. My pants were huge since I sized for my thighs and it got to a point where I stopped wearing them because the waist would drop below my belt or I'd have to cinch my belt so tight to hold them up that it would look really weird in the crotch area. Very unflattering. Now they fit much better and I'm back to wearing them everyday. 

IMG_0572.JPG

Hmm wonder why they can't re use the button? I thought you could take these things apart and put them back together. Also just want to say that the waist reduction is such an awesome service, especially now that they use the original waistband.

• 2 weeks later...

Railcar Spikes X033 double Italian indigo! Made from 14oz Italian selvedge. This is a new style we are happy to put out for you guys, we really enjoyed making these and I am in LOVE with this fabric. Very crispy, you will get what I am saying when you have it in your hands! 

(anyone like how we do our own modeling haha(x?)

Spikes X033

IMG_5406.jpg.1afed398008521711d06277c31b7e32a.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg.8cbf9106cfafd0d1fccc1963869d9ea9.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg.9d6de7034d0903b21691a276a00bb9d9.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG

• 2 weeks later...

Here is our new Flight Trouser X035! Cut from our Trouser pattern with slanted side pockets. Made out of a lightweight 11 oz Japanese double black denim with a red selvedge ID. Rigid in texture that softens up considerably with wear. 

Flight Trouser X035

IMG_5113.thumb.jpg.8bddb167d4bea9b3cb56949e76c447cd.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG

• 2 weeks later...

Latest release Spikes X039 cotton / hemp blend. Sewn using a mixed 12oz cotton / hemp red-line Japanese selvedge denim. The denim has a rich blue indigo tone with a brown tinted weft. The feel is soft yet sturdy and should be comfortable right away. The hemp blended with the cotton adds extra durability and should yield interesting high contrast fades with wear. Features green heavy duty pocket bags, green buttonholes, two-tone waistband stitching, custom hand-set copper hardware, and a heavyweight veg-tan leather patch featuring custom special edition artwork that will patina along with the denim. 

Spikes X039

IMG_7111.jpg.7b0f9bc04fc676baa4b7f83f76a71610.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg.c8b6d5f81eaaaab966e3105d6c249522.jpg

IMG_6717.jpg.b9ae1068d95aa5b2f06091fb540bda0f.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG

Railcar Felon Long Sleeve Button Down

Perfect lightweight denim shirt for the summer.

This style was made using a deadstock lightweight Kurabo denim that has a tone between an indigo and a charcoal, with a light brown tint. The denim will fade to a blue over time. 

IMG_6991.jpg.66e65a2187754c93965724ebc8adf0a1.jpg

Features a double flat-felled chainstitch interior with runoff chains on the sides, exposed shell stitching on the gussets and center back, hidden hemsitch detailing on the front pocket, lockstitch buttonholes to eliminate the chance of fraying or unraveling, and vintage deadstock buttons. 

IMG_6996.jpg.67f91c61347c9ad1e876f4417cc486af.jpg

6 hours ago, snuff_daddy said:

Just wanted to say Railcar did a perfect job on tapering/repairing my jeans. I highly recommend them. Customer service was A+ too. Thanks guys

Thank you for allowing us to work on your jeans! We appreciate all of you guys and your trust with us. :)) 

Railcar Vixen X037

Breaking in a new pair of our Vixen X037 selvedge stretch! I am wearing a size 27 which i am in all Railcar styles. The fabric feel very firm but breathable, a good weight 13.5 oz red line selvedge. Aside from the Railcar Starlet, this has to be the second easiest jean from our line to break in and wear comfortably.

IMG_7284.jpg.fb0a272bf476c228bae832a569835df3.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg.3b307f602b848abc261bb03b9bb570cf.jpg

On 5/29/2017 at 7:26 AM, kbuzz said:

Anyone have or seen any journeyman fit pics ....

Here are some fit pictures of Stevens Journeyman size 30. Made with a higher rise and modern straight leg. 

Journeyman X030

IMG_6355.JPG.14f6c6648c97a422c1838eba82492717.JPG

6 months of wear about 3 washes 

IMG_4167.thumb.JPG.63e9f2927bdc4a2df0b63aa2e94c70e7.JPG

Edited by Taylor_RFG

15 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

Curious as well. Measurments look awesome. I'd love to get a pair made in black 

You can get the Journeyman fit in our X026 double black Japanese red-line selvedge fabric. Just checkout for a Journeyman on the site and in the order notes write that you want it in the X026 fabric and we will do just that, no extra charge. :D

Just thought i'd share the other side of Railcar, some have discovered us through our pomade! It's great when someone comes into the shop to buy pomade monthly and one days asks why we have all these vintage machines and denim laying around, when we tell them that we are originally a denim company that manufactures our own apparel in house they are stoked! One of the members on our team found us through our pomade, he slowly kept stopping by, one day came in to buy his first pair of raws, now he is apart of the Railcar family :D  I use the pomade to de-frizz and tame baby hairs so it can be unisex. Anyone here ever try out our grooming products? 

Railcar Apothecary

IMG_5764.jpg.c56b3d7069c28cbbb5637877956f6d87.jpg

IMG_7243.jpg.77225b908195d7477f1424d4bcf895ff.jpg

^I'm on my third jar of pomade, and won't use anything else. You guys got the scent, hold and amount of shine just right. Customer for life! I don't usually use aftershave, especially because I barely grow any facial hair, but may give it a try eventually haha.

Edited by Campagnolo

@Taylor_RFG I had a question about your Journeyman fit I was hoping you could answer (DM always welcome)... I see that most "athletic" fits that work for me have a large thigh 2" down, but (on average) measures just about the same at the crotch. I see Railcar's fit starts out large at the crotch, and then has a ~1" taper two inches down. Is there any benefit in doing that? I've always been interested in trying some jeans but worried it'll fit too tight despite it being roomy at the crotch

e.g. 13" @ crotch going down to 12" two inches below

vs 

12.5" @ crotch and the same two inches down.

18 hours ago, Campagnolo said:

@Taylor_RFG I had a question about your Journeyman fit I was hoping you could answer (DM always welcome)... I see that most "athletic" fits that work for me have a large thigh 2" down, but (on average) measures just about the same at the crotch. I see Railcar's fit starts out large at the crotch, and then has a ~1" taper two inches down. Is there any benefit in doing that? I've always been interested in trying some jeans but worried it'll fit too tight despite it being roomy at the crotch

e.g. 13" @ crotch going down to 12" two inches below

vs 

12.5" @ crotch and the same two inches down.

We wanted to make it a modern straight leg so it isn't too wide in the thigh area however it is wider than our Spikes fit. We have had customer size up then taper the leg profile to their liking. We find taking the measurements 2" below the crotch is a more accurate thigh measurement than taking it right at the crotch where most of the geometry of the seat is.

Railcar Denim Services