railcar fine goods

kayodic

Has there been any word on the new cut which is going to replace the James ??

Hey :) sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. So we just finished the first run of production of the new fit "Journeyman X030." The new fit is basically an updated James fit. We didn't want to keep the name because we made too many changes on the pattern to still call it a James. The whole geometry of the jean fits better on the body. The rise is about an inch higher, the knee and leg opening are wider compared to our Spikes fit. The jean is very roomy yet still maintains a modern fitted profile. The guys here at the shop love this fit, very comfortable for them to work in since they are constantly climbing over things and bending down, hence the name "Journeyman" you can still be comfortable while living a venturesome lifestyle. 

1022.jpg

I actually did awhile back and believe I was told that wasn't in the cards. I've already pulled the trigger on another pair but if that cut doesn't work out, I may hit you guys up again.

We were down a sewer for a while so we didn't have time to do too many custom orders like this, let us know if you're ever interested again. 

• 4 weeks later...

New Style Update! We just released a new fit for women. Railcar Starlet. The skinny Starlet is a new style designed entirely to accommodate multiple body shapes, while still maintaining a skinny leg profile that most women have trouble finding when trying on raws. A non-selvedge stretch cotton denim. The fabric has a rich dark indigo hue that will fade to a classic blue with wear and requires virtually no break in. Our last style the Vixen X028s with 2% stretch was a success! We have sold out and have gotten excellent feedback from our customers. We hope you guys enjoy this one just as much as we enjoyed designing it. 

1023.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone, we wanted to invite you to our event this Saturday November 19th from 1pm-6pm at the Railcar Workshop in Monrovia, California! We will be having a workshop open house to welcome the new Railcar women's "Starlet" stretch skinny fit to the line and to celebrate the Red Wing women's line to the shop. Both these items pair well with each other. We will also be having a free leather boot care class. There will be free boot cleaning supplies here to use and to purchase. We have Red Wing showing you what products works best for your boots leather. All brand boots welcome to party. To really want to out do ourselves, for every Red Wing bought, men's or women's we will be giving away a $50 store credit to buy something here! Other items will also be given away too. Such as Red Wing socks and accessories while supplies last! Enjoy the day with us here. Drinks and snacks too! Located at 802 S Primrose Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016

1031.jpg

Black Friday deals start now for Railcar, some stuff is discounted on the site. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ We are also having a sample sale this Friday at our brick and motor. 802 S Primrose Ave, Monrovia CA 91016

Edited by Taylor_RFG

• 1 month later...

Behold! Railcar Extra HEAVY 23oz Japanese red-line slevedge. Released a few days ago, made to order so let any of us at Railcar know if you have questions on sizing. 

http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/Railcar_Fine_Goods_mens_Spikes_X031_p/rmjspikesx031.htm

IMG_2622.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 1:31 PM, shoreman said:

How easy is it to get your hands in the front pockets of the Journeyman? (My biggest gripe with a pair from another American made brand.)

Very easy, we have never had a problem with the pockets not being wide or deep enough.

We have just released our Black Explorer Jacket! Features sturdy triple flat felled chainstitch seams throughout the interior with no exposed edges. The front panels features pleats with hand-set custom copper rivets that offer that reinforcement and styling. It also features a single large utility pocket with our signature articulate pattern.

IMG_3183.jpg

Steven also wearing his Spikes X026 made from the same fabric. To get a better idea of how it fades.

IMG_3182.jpg

10 minutes ago, mpukas said:

@Taylor_RFG is your 23oz denim sanforized or not? The pic you posted above looks better than the on-line pics. They look great! mpp

Yes our whole line is sanforized. Yeah the natural lighting looks better on the denim. Thanks! 

the proportions of the waist band, belt loops and pockets looks better too. Question - can you tweak the measurements of a custom made pair of these, for a slightly higher rise? What about modifying stitching - I'm not sure I like the triple stitching across the back & center seams. A little too workwear-esque to me, but I'm sure it's flawlessly done and durable. Thanks! mpp

2 minutes ago, mpukas said:

the proportions of the waist band, belt loops and pockets looks better too. Question - can you tweak the measurements of a custom made pair of these, for a slightly higher rise? What about modifying stitching - I'm not sure I like the triple stitching across the back & center seams. A little too workwear-esque to me, but I'm sure it's flawlessly done and durable. Thanks! mpp

Mmm its the same jean, oh well! We can make this in two fits, our Spikes fit which is a mid-rise, and our Journeyman fit, it has a higher rise and more room in the thighs and leg. We are not doing any custom stitching at the moment right now its only triple needle. 

BEHOLD our first 23 ounce heavy weight Women's Vixen! We figured since we just released the 23 ounce in our Spikes and Journeyman fit, might as well make it in our Womens cut. I sized up one (recommended) from my normal Railcar size, and these fit excellent. I know what you guys are thinking, we're nuts right?! Well, someone had to do it! I will be wearing these as much as I can and will keep you updated. These are up on the site if anyone else is up for the challenge :)))

23 OUNCE WOMEN'S VIXENS

IMG_3244.jpg

• 1 month later...

Vixen X036

We have just released our new Railcar Women's Vixen X036! Made from 12 ounce double black stretch selvedge. Has that slightly rigid feel but softens up with a wash. Constructed with triple chain-stitching on the back panels, selvedge fly and coin pocket detailing, custom hand-set copper hardware, and a hand-branded leather patch. Very easy raw to get into, fits snug, molds to your body shape. Feel free to ask any questions you have in mind. 

IMG_3993.thumb.jpg.b6379bdee89d4eccfb129a4c8d81202e.jpgIMG_4001.thumb.jpg.29f8d592bc6a86610abd90f2d5b8d5e1.jpg

IMG_4004.thumb.jpg.e93272d2f937e828336d71574f7c96ab.jpgIMG_4019.thumb.jpg.55c5bba3486864e863d805caa85e2cd9.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG
forgot a picture

• 2 weeks later...

Railcar Raw Denim Skirt 

I am very excited to announce that the sneak peak we put out of our Raw Denim Skirt a few months ago is finally up and running through production! We just added them to our site and there will be a full size run in store soon. Size them true to your normal Women's skirt sizing. This Raw Denim Skirt is constructed with a beautiful Spanish woven denim that features side hand pockets! Yay for pockets :D

Contact us for questions! 

IMG_7190.thumb.jpg.02610bd93490c80e29cfe04fe795a937.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG

On 3/17/2017 at 5:12 PM, JDelage said:

Taylor - could I bother you to post a detailed pic of the fabric used to make the hickory shirt?

No problem at all!

Here is it rinsed once compared to raw fabric. :)

IMG_9495.thumb.jpg.88ad5b46a59552deba6c68edaea3f310.jpgIMG_9474.jpg.3bf8af33a5808f036a4fe41991fe9fe8.jpg