railcar fine goods

kayodic

Hi! Thanks for letting us work on your jeans! Im glad the taper worked out. As for the downsizing we replace the waistband with a new piece. We completely remove the belt loops, labels, leather patch and waistband. Then we reshape the upper block from the side seams to downsize the main body. Then we cut a brand new waistband out and install it with a two piece waistband. We prefer a two piece  waistband because it is stronger then a single piece. The single piece tends to stretch out and balloon out after time. Another reason for a new waistband is so that we can make a brand new keyhole. The Reece machine cant do a keyhole on the old one because it has already been cut. But yeah, we do back up our work so if there is something we can do we will take care of it. Give us an email. As for the international countries customs taxes, it obvious we can't do anything about that. But yeah please email me. I'd like to look into this more.

I did email at the time, particularly concerned that the downsize had left the jeans unwearable and the waist was about 2 inches less than requested. The response was that pretty much a denial it had came out that small..hence giving up on the jeans. Shame as RFG is a brand I'd like to support more.

As for the taxes if the package was marked as a return or repair I wouldn't get hit with charges.

Moving on then....., similarly so when I first raised it with you.

Moving on then....., similarly so when I first raised it with you.

You just posted 2 days ago. Im not on the internet forums much as I am trying to run a brand. Again, as I mentioned, give me an email. I can serve you better directly. 

You just posted 2 days ago. Im not on the internet forums much as I am trying to run a brand. Again, as I mentioned, give me an email. I can serve you better directly. 

So I just talked to my customer service girl that answers all of our email. We did find our email conversion thread with each other. And we did try to work with you.

So it looks like you bought a pair of Railcar Spikes X012 that was unfortunately too big for you from another retailer. And the store you got them from wouldn't return them because you already had them hemmed to your length. 

You then emailed us and Tawny offered you to get them back to see what we can do. As it was a discontinued style. We felt bad that you couldn't exchange because you already hemmed them. So Tawny offered you to downsize the jean for absolutely free at no charge.

You requested 1 size down. (note: The very max we can do is two sizes. So it would have been impossible to downsize over two sizes.) You then reached out to us and said that your jean was now 3-3.5 sizes too small. That is not possible in our downsizing service as listed on our website.

Tawny then reached back at you and requested to take a look at it to see what we can do. It may have been as easy as us just moving the waistband button over a little bit. 

You then said, you didn't want to hassle with waiting anymore.

Then Tawny offered you to put you in front of the line, of the many jeans we need to alter, for the fastest turnaround we can give you. You then told us you didn't want to hassle with the whole thing and not proceed. 

The last email conversion, we ask you if you change your mind please reach out to us. And heard no further response.

After reading the email thread between you and our customer service, which I can provide you with, I think we provided excellent over and beyond customer service to you.

Take care.

Best,

Steven

Edited by Steven RFG

The first run of Railcar X Masterson shirts are almost finished, Steven and Michael are behind me right now sewing on the pockets they will be going to their owners very soon, here are some close up shots.

1007.jpg

Love this shirt, beautiful work

Love this shirt, beautiful work

Thank you! We are looking forward to finishing these up. Plans to install the pockets on Monday when we get back in and ship them out that evening. They really have a hand made feel to them. Thanks again

I too have the email original email thread, whilst there was the offer of the discounted service which I was extremely grateful for the end result was still that the jeans were much smaller than requested, pocket openings and fly were twisted and the jeans unwearable. Sending back would have meant at total of 4 shipping charges UK to Cali so I wrote them off as a bad experience.

Gents, interesting enough as the repairs discussion is, I think PM us the best place to continue the conversation :)

That's the truth. Very well said. 

I can confirm how great this service is as well. Railcar tapered a pair of Sugar Cane 2009 for me and the were perfect.

Ordering the service from their website was easy as well, the form has all the right questions for you to detail exactly where and how much you want the jeans tapered.

Railcar tapered a pair of flat heads for me and did a wonderful job. Highly recommended.

Will do Taylor.

Also have three pairs to send in for chain stitch hem.

Steven did an amazing job on my last taper and hems. Thank you.

Yep i have had a couple of pairs done to a very high standard by you guys. 

I've had 2 very different experiences with Railcar alterations. First pair was a pair of spikes that I sized wrong on. Taylor was really helpful and also kindly offered to replace the leather patch I'd ruined with the hot soak. I had a full downsize and taper done. The taper was spot on, no sign of an alteration at all. The waist down size was a different matter though. The old waist band was replaced with one that was at the very least 2 sizes smaller and left two little pleats in the top of the pocket openings that just looked wrong and left the jeans to small even after trying some serious stretching attempts. Also the fly piece that covers the button fly looked as if it hadn't quite been tucked in properly before re attaching the waistband so had a tuck/fold that stuck out and exposed the button's, made it look weird. Had to give up on them, cost of jeans,shipping and service was written off.

After reading other people's positive feedback on the tapering I decided to give them another go on a pair of heavyweights that had lost a bit of the taper and shape through hemming. Again they were really helpful, the ordering process simple and easy to specify requirements. They came back really quick as I chose the express service and we're absolutely spot on... but they package was marked with a commercial value of £75 so I got copped by import charges!!! Paid £25 quid to import something I already owned and had paid taxes on!

I too have had mixed experiences with railcar alterations.

Had plenty of jeans hemmed by them, and all were done very well.

But the last pair I sent in had the legs hemmed at different lengths, more than an inch off from one another.

I haven't had time to email them about it yet, but also wanted to share my experience

I have had excellent experiences with RCFG - they have been very communicative each time!

My first pair, they warned me about tapering too tight with a pair - I went with it anyways and they were right.  The tapering job, itself, however, was excellent!  My second pair, there was a mishap as they swapped out the Momotaro pink inseam - but they offered to repair it (i.e. swap out back to pink) for free of charge and were extremely apologetic.  I deferred their offer because the lack of pink isn't bad at all (i know, i know - some momo folks would think that's insane).  My third pair, they repaired with a bit of a discount because of the previous goof-up (they were REALLY apologetic), and it came out perfectly.  I think offering a tapering service is tough, because people might have an unrealistic expectation about what can or can't be done, so I applaud their work.

I too had an excellent experience with them. I brought in some ONI for a hem, but while Steven was measuring the fit I decided to go for the taper service. I am very happy with their work. Feels good to support an up and coming and semi local brand. Taylor was also super helpful. Figured I'd chime in on this thread to try and show the balance of customer experience.....which seems to lean heavy in the satisfied category and rightfully so. They earned my repeat business in the future. Cheers.

Here is the new Railcar Duck Canvas Chore Coat, made from 12oz American Duck canvas, fully flat felled triple needle chain-stitch. Classic American design with Railcars updated modern fit and finish. Currently on the production floor right now, should be ready for a fall 2016 drop. 

1014.jpg

1015.jpg

1016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Spikes X021s are almost gone, we wont be getting this fabric back for a while so if you guys are interested let us know, we only have a few sizes left in stock. Okayama Japanese red line selvedge 14.25 oz. Solid heavy weight jean. 

1017.jpg

1018.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There's also the James Fit, which has a higher rise. It's bigger all around, actually, but it still has a slim straight look unless you're pretty skinny in the legs. I'm pretty sure if they have the yardage, they'll make you a pair of James Fit in any of their fabrics. They were able to do that for me for my current pair of X021s.

Hey, is there a possibility of adding an extra inch to the rise (front & back) for the Spikes fit?

Interesting request....I can't stand low rise...

Hey guys, yes! We help fit customers daily at the shop and noticed a lot of you guys like the higher rise so we do have a new fit coming out with a taller rise and a straighter leg, we are retiring the James fit and did an improved fit. We are not sure what to call this fit yet but it is in production, will be available in about a week or two. 

Hey guys, yes! We help fit customers daily at the shop and noticed a lot of you guys like the higher rise so we do have a new fit coming out with a taller rise and a straighter leg, we are retiring the James fit and did an improved fit. We are not sure what to call this fit yet but it is in production, will be available in about a week or two.

Taylor when you have a chance can you let us know how the fit differs from the James. In other words how is it mo better

Cheers buddy. Looking forward to seeing the new fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...