railcar fine goods

kayodic

Spikesx001 Just shy of 1 year. 4 soaks 2 washes so far.

v9TP7Br.jpg

Looks great! We love that X001 fabric.Classic as it gets. Nice job. 

This Sunday! Railcar Open House here at the brick and mortar shop and workshop. We will be releasing the X023 in both the men's Spikes Fit and in the new Railcar women's fit! Sunday in Old Town Monrovia 800 S. Primrose Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016 from 11am-4pm.

We are pretty excited with this new core fabric we are going to use. On the lighter side of the weight, 12.25 ounce Japanese Natural Pure Indigo Dye. A classic blue jean shade of indigo with a blue line selvedge. We got these rolls shipped to us directly from Japans mill.

We are just not wanting to showcase the denim but we wanted to showcase the Railcar construction and how the style and brand is made. So we are having an open house here at my brick and mortar factory workshop. The jeans are made on manual and vintage machines. The construction and quality is top notch. 

So come on by this Sunday April 26th from 11am-4pm and Ill have some snacks and drinks waiting for you. Oh yeah, our new women's fit is excellent. Release of that . I wish I had a fit model right now to snap some pics. But the first run will be available.

If you decide to grab a pair, I will even chain stitch hem it for free for you the day of.

800 S. Primrose Ave

Monrovia, CA 91016

(In Old Town Monrovia)

www.railcarfinegoods.com

post-028.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to enter the Denim World Championship with my Railcars. Here are some cross-posted pics from the contest thread. More detail-shots can be found there. I can't wait to see what they look like after two years. Cheers.

Okay, here's the debut of my Railcar James Fit X021 (Kuroki 14.25oz). They have about 25 wears on them (7days in New Orleans, which may count double depending on your outlook).

Steven Dang & his crew @ Railcar have packed these things with amazing details, which I'm trying to document at the outset of the contest. Apologies if this is too many pics.

The usual pics:

IMG_1135.JPG IMG_1136.JPGIMG_1139.JPGIMG_1141.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Spikes X001 size 29

This is my third pair (one retired). I've always ordered a 30 but went a size smaller on this one

real snug for the moment but guessing they will stretch perfectly.

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to post up some info on our new women's fit. The Vixen X023 is our new style to join the Railcar line up. Compared to the current women's Viper fit, the Vixen fit has a smaller bottom opening and slimmed down knees. Giving the legs a longer look. Also the hips and lower rear end of the jean has more room to make break in easier without sagging. They will still need to mold but they are closer to it. The X023 fabric we chose to do this first style in the Vixen is a 100% cotton non stretch Japanese Natural Pure Indigo Dye. Its 12.25 ounces that should patina amazing. The Vixen X023 has all the same construction details as the men's. Hidden back pocket riveting, triple stitched seat seams, lined pockets, copper backed hardware, chain stitch hemming, ect. We will even hem them to your length for free. You can get them on our site here. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RWJVIXENX023

Here are a few pictures below.

(We also carry the boots shes wearing in the picture. They are limited Red Wing 8 inch high Harvesters. Very rare boot. Also avilalbe on our site here. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RW2943)

VixenX023-001.jpg

VixenX023-002.jpg

VixenX023-003.jpg

VixenX023-004.jpg

A special leather patch was made for this X023 style

VixenX023-005.jpg

• 3 months later...

When I was looking around online for a review of Railcar's downsizing service, I couldn't find anything. So I figured I'd post about it.

Just got a pair of non-Railcar jeans back today and the downsizing service was a pretty awesome job. All the stitching is clean and they fit much better now. They even had to remove rivets at stress points partially over the waistband which were replaced (with Railcar branded rivets). Solid job overall. Would definitely recommend if you need something to be downsized.

Also want to touch on their cuff repair which I got done too. They do this nice soft darn that blends well on both sides and still allows you to cuff at the same spot. Awesome all around.

Edited by Gump

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi! My name is Taylor. I work side by side with Steven at Railcar here at the shop. I just wanted to introduce myself! If you have any questions with styles and fits let me know! I can help both men's and women's styles. Also too, if you have any questions with fabrics or our builds, I can answer too.

4131.jpg

New Mastersons x Railcar shirt looks very nice.

Someone buy one and post pics.

(I'm English,so after today's news won't be able to buy anything from anywhere ever again).

Railcar X  Masterson shirt, co-sewn by both Masterson and Steven. Pre-order releasing today online. 

1735.jpg

Just a heads up, we have these in stock and they are also in production right now (some sizes are selling out quick) but we are getting them out as fast as we can, vintage Hickory striped button down, fully flat felled, double chain stitch. Let me know if you need help on sizing.  http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMLSH-RINSED

4207.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I wanted to show you a taper service we did on a pair of Gustins recently, this customer wanted a slight taper nothing extreme. We taper from the inseam, so the selvedge is untouched, this service can be ordered through our site, let us know if you have any questions! http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1514

Before front view 

1000.jpg

After front view

1002.jpg

Before back view 

1001.jpg

After back view

1003.jpg

I can confirm how great this service is as well. Railcar tapered a pair of Sugar Cane 2009 for me and the were perfect.

Ordering the service from their website was easy as well, the form has all the right questions for you to detail exactly where and how much you want the jeans tapered.

I've had 2 very different experiences with Railcar alterations. First pair was a pair of spikes that I sized wrong on. Taylor was really helpful and also kindly offered to replace the leather patch I'd ruined with the hot soak. I had a full downsize and taper done. The taper was spot on, no sign of an alteration at all. The waist down size was a different matter though. The old waist band was replaced with one that was at the very least 2 sizes smaller and left two little pleats in the top of the pocket openings that just looked wrong and left the jeans to small even after trying some serious stretching attempts. Also the fly piece that covers the button fly looked as if it hadn't quite been tucked in properly before re attaching the waistband so had a tuck/fold that stuck out and exposed the button's, made it look weird. Had to give up on them, cost of jeans,shipping and service was written off.

After reading other people's positive feedback on the tapering I decided to give them another go on a pair of heavyweights that had lost a bit of the taper and shape through hemming. Again they were really helpful, the ordering process simple and easy to specify requirements. They came back really quick as I chose the express service and we're absolutely spot on... but they package was marked with a commercial value of £75 so I got copped by import charges!!! Paid £25 quid to import something I already owned and had paid taxes on!

I too have had mixed experiences with railcar alterations.

Had plenty of jeans hemmed by them, and all were done very well.

But the last pair I sent in had the legs hemmed at different lengths, more than an inch off from one another.

I haven't had time to email them about it yet, but also wanted to share my experience

I too have had mixed experiences with railcar alterations.

Had plenty of jeans hemmed by them, and all were done very well.

But the last pair I sent in had the legs hemmed at different lengths, more than an inch off from one another.

I haven't had time to email them about it yet, but also wanted to share my experience

Hi! Thanks for letting us work on your jeans. Humm. Thats funny. Give me and email and Ill take care of it. Probably a little human error. But yeah, we back up our work! Ill take care of it.

I've had 2 very different experiences with Railcar alterations. First pair was a pair of spikes that I sized wrong on. Taylor was really helpful and also kindly offered to replace the leather patch I'd ruined with the hot soak. I had a full downsize and taper done. The taper was spot on, no sign of an alteration at all. The waist down size was a different matter though. The old waist band was replaced with one that was at the very least 2 sizes smaller and left two little pleats in the top of the pocket openings that just looked wrong and left the jeans to small even after trying some serious stretching attempts. Also the fly piece that covers the button fly looked as if it hadn't quite been tucked in properly before re attaching the waistband so had a tuck/fold that stuck out and exposed the button's, made it look weird. Had to give up on them, cost of jeans,shipping and service was written off.

After reading other people's positive feedback on the tapering I decided to give them another go on a pair of heavyweights that had lost a bit of the taper and shape through hemming. Again they were really helpful, the ordering process simple and easy to specify requirements. They came back really quick as I chose the express service and we're absolutely spot on... but they package was marked with a commercial value of £75 so I got copped by import charges!!! Paid £25 quid to import something I already owned and had paid taxes on!

Hi! Thanks for letting us work on your jeans! Im glad the taper worked out. As for the downsizing we replace the waistband with a new piece. We completely remove the belt loops, labels, leather patch and waistband. Then we reshape the upper block from the side seams to downsize the main body. Then we cut a brand new waistband out and install it with a two piece waistband. We prefer a two piece  waistband because it is stronger then a single piece. The single piece tends to stretch out and balloon out after time. Another reason for a new waistband is so that we can make a brand new keyhole. The Reece machine cant do a keyhole on the old one because it has already been cut. But yeah, we do back up our work so if there is something we can do we will take care of it. Give us an email. As for the international countries customs taxes, it obvious we can't do anything about that. But yeah please email me. I'd like to look into this more. 

Edited by Steven RFG

Actually now I come to think about it they didn't mark down customs values on a pair of mine. Think this is something you guys need to keep on top of. Should be a something on your form.

Hi! Your right! We don't put the full value of the jean. We only value the job done on the form. So if the work performed is $25, we only value the  package as $25. So worst case, customers would only get taxed for $25 

Railcar tapered a pair of flat heads for me and did a wonderful job. Highly recommended.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us work on your jeans! 

I can confirm how great this service is as well. Railcar tapered a pair of Sugar Cane 2009 for me and the were perfect.

Ordering the service from their website was easy as well, the form has all the right questions for you to detail exactly where and how much you want the jeans tapered.

Enjoy the new fit! 

Hi! Thanks for letting us work on your jeans! Im glad the taper worked out. As for the downsizing we replace the waistband with a new piece. We completely remove the belt loops, labels, leather patch and waistband. Then we reshape the upper block from the side seams to downsize the main body. Then we cut a brand new waistband out and install it with a two piece waistband. We prefer a two piece  waistband because it is stronger then a single piece. The single piece tends to stretch out and balloon out after time. Another reason for a new waistband is so that we can make a brand new keyhole. The Reece machine cant do a keyhole on the old one because it has already been cut. But yeah, we do back up our work so if there is something we can do we will take care of it. Give us an email. As for the international countries customs taxes, it obvious we can't do anything about that. But yeah please email me. I'd like to look into this more.

I did email at the time, particularly concerned that the downsize had left the jeans unwearable and the waist was about 2 inches less than requested. The response was that pretty much a denial it had came out that small..hence giving up on the jeans. Shame as RFG is a brand I'd like to support more.

As for the taxes if the package was marked as a return or repair I wouldn't get hit with charges.

The first run of Railcar X Masterson shirts are almost finished, Steven and Michael are behind me right now sewing on the pockets they will be going to their owners very soon, here are some close up shots.

1007.jpg

1008.jpg