railcar fine goods

kayodic

Location? I just sent my denim for tapering and was hoping to get them before Christmas. A month is a long time.

A month?! Whoa. Hopefully it's because you're over seas. Mine arrived this past Wednesday and I was hoping on before Christmas as well.

A month?! Whoa. Hopefully it's because you're over seas. Mine arrived this past Wednesday and I was hoping on before Christmas as well.

I'm in chicago

Got hemming, some restitching and darning done on a pair of 710s. Pretty much just got them back.

They did a great job though.

Edited by werd

I'm in chicago

Got hemming, some restitching and darning done on a pair of 710s. Pretty much just got them back.

They did a great job though.

Damn! I'm in Detroit. Mine are in for darning and patching really hope its not a month =[ Sent in some contest jeans and a month off in a year contest is a long time.

Hi! We try to get all of our alterations and repairs out two weeks after we receive them. Sometimes it takes a little longer because we would get a big wave in at once for some reason and I kind of get buried. The process I do to them does take a bit of work so when I get a big wave I don't want to do quick half par jobs. All the jeans needs its individual time to do the job right. But yeah! I'm excited to work on all of your jeans. I get a kick seeing lots of worn denim here at the shop. If you have any questions about your order please give us a buzz. We pretty much work all the time. Thanks!

Hi! We try to get all of our alterations and repairs out two weeks after we receive them. Sometimes it takes a little longer because we would get a big wave in at once for some reason and I kind of get buried. The process I do to them does take a bit of work so when I get a big wave I don't want to do quick half par jobs. All the jeans needs its individual time to do the job right. But yeah! I'm excited to work on all of your jeans. I get a kick seeing lots of worn denim here at the shop. If you have any questions about your order please give us a buzz. We pretty much work all the time. Thanks!

Awesome! Completely understood and the reason I sent them to you :)

I appreciate the honesty. Like the member above me, the quality of your work is what pushed me to chose you guys over the other shops. Cant wait to get my denim back. Its starting to get cold out here in the East Coast. 

p9NkX3z.png

Killer repair on my 3sixteen 120x! Thanks a lot!

Nice! How long did it take for your jeans to be at your doorstep once they arrived to RFG? Once I get my Iron Hearts back from their tapering service and if I'm impressed by the quality of work. RFG will be my go to spot and will be spreading the word. I need to get my other pair of jeans reinforced in the crotch. 

Nice! How long did it take for your jeans to be at your doorstep once they arrived to RFG? Once I get my Iron Hearts back from their tapering service and if I'm impressed by the quality of work. RFG will be my go to spot and will be spreading the word. I need to get my other pair of jeans reinforced in the crotch.

Bout 2 weeks. I had them taper a pair of 17oz red clouds before and they were prime. The level of professionalism is unmatched. Communication, packaging. Work done. All top notch.

Bout 2 weeks. I had them taper a pair of 17oz red clouds before and they were prime. The level of professionalism is unmatched. Communication, packaging. Work done. All top notch.

Thanks for giving us a shot! And for those kind words. 

Here are some pictures of our new women's style in our Viper series. We are no longer running the Viper X001 style as Cone Mills has no plans to produce that fabric anymore at this time. So we went ahead and changed styles to our new Viper X021. Its even better then the X001. The Viper X021, we used all the denim construction details like our men's jeans. Cooper hidden back pocket riveting, triple stitched seat seams, interior lined pockets, ect. All the stuff you would see in our men's jeans but in a women's. I think it is the most built womens jeans out there. We used a good weight 14.25 Japanese 100% cotton red line selvedge. Its a great non-stretch selvedge that should get some crazy fades. We made a couple adjustments to the fit. More room in the rear seat and slimmed up the legs a little big. I forgot to mention that the fabric has a patchy streaky look. Very interesting. Not flat in color at all.

For sizing, you can fit true to size for a really painted on fit. The jeans will be hard to button, but after a couple of days of wear it will break in. Or you can size up one for a snug fit. If you are on the slender side then go true to size. If you are more curvy size up one. 

Fit model below is tall and slender wearing a size up one (size 28). She has the option to size true. Shes wearing them paired with Red Wing 8" tall limited release Harvesters. Also available on our website in men's and women's sizes.

Available on our website. https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RWJVIPERX021 

post-007.jpg

post-008.jpg

post-009.jpg

All right! We are finally releasing our latest style on our website. Its a good one. The Spikes X021 is one that we are pretty excited about here at the workshop. It looks like a nice solid pair with all the details. 14.25 ounce 100% cotton red line selvedge from Okayama Japan. We have had many request for us to use more Japanese fabrics so we did this one. We slightly tweaked the fit and used all new cooper Railcar riveting. This style has back pocket hidden rivets, triple stitched seat seams, interior lined pocketing, ect. All made in-house in my workshop and not outsourced to a third party for the highest quality. But yeah, and we got them priced super nice at $228.

Here are a couple of pictures below. And you can get them here. https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJSPIKESX021

post-011.jpg

post-012.jpg

post-013.jpg

I received my IH today and I'm impressed with the quality of the taper. Thanks again Steven and the whole RFG. You guys will surely be my go to for denim repairs and alterations. I do have a question though, was I supposed to receive the denim you cut off from the taper? I was hoping I would. 

I received my IH today and I'm impressed with the quality of the taper. Thanks again Steven and the whole RFG. You guys will surely be my go to for denim repairs and alterations. I do have a question though, was I supposed to receive the denim you cut off from the taper? I was hoping I would. 

Hey! Thanks for letting us work on your jeans! Im glad you like the service. For the cut off from the taper, the stuff we cut off for taper is isnt something savable. Its pretty torn up from me trimming it and trimming it so its pretty trashed. If it was a good chunk I would return it but most of the time with those tapers, its not much left but shavings.

Thanks for letting me work on your jeans!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a new pair of railcars for the new year and there's two things I'm curious about: does anybody know which mill produced the new x021 japanese denim? Also, has anyone noticed if the new copper rivets tend to oxidize? I love when the rivets eventually bleed a little bit of that funky green onto the pocket bags on brands like Warehouse. Such a cool detail. Just wondering if that's another reason to be looking forward to my new pair. Cheers.  

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a new pair of railcars for the new year and there's two things I'm curious about: does anybody know which mill produced the new x021 japanese denim? Also, has anyone noticed if the new copper rivets tend to oxidize? I love when the rivets eventually bleed a little bit of that funky green onto the pocket bags on brands like Warehouse. Such a cool detail. Just wondering if that's another reason to be looking forward to my new pair. Cheers.  

Hi! Congratulation on those X021 and Happy New Year.

The fabric is Kuroki. And yeah all new copper riveting. Im not sure how they are going to react. They are still new to us too. Im pretty excited about them myself.