railcar fine goods

kayodic

• 3 weeks later...

I don't visit the forums much, but I gotta say thanks Steven for fixing up my jeans! To anyone in need of good service, I highly recommend Steven for hemming/repair/tapering. Great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Here is a quick snap shot of our two mens fit side by side. On the left is our Spikes straight slim leg medium low rise fit. And on the right is our James straight leg medium rise fit. You can see the slight difference. The James has a .5 inch wider leg laying flat all the way down from the upper thigh to the bottom opening. The James also has a 1 inch taller rise that has a fourth  fly botton to accommodate it. The James has the same fitted profile but was designed for somebody with a slightly more athletic build or for someone that wants a looser fit but a fitted look. You can get the new James X014 here. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJJAMESX014 Its a loaded constructed style with triple stitched seat seams, lined pockets and hidden back pocket rivets.

Hopefully one of these styles would be a perfect fit for you.

-Steven

mensspikesjames.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

• 2 months later...
about to head out on one last trip and one more country before they either get repaired... or retired, not sure yet...  as you can see i still wear them all the time.  some new wear spots just all out letting go :)  blow out number 2 is pretty large... pockets are having issues, iPhone has made its way out, wallet closure is pretty much all the way through...

love these pocket bags though, i am definitely spoiled after having them.  i think it should be a trademark characteristic...

IMG_7083.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Copped a pair of spikes 12. . Sized on the side of caution got a 31 could have got a 30. After a few days wear couldn't get on with the extra room as they stretched. Contacted Railcar and ordered a taper and downsize service,they even offered to do it a little cheaper as i was shipping from the UK! Shipped them on the 7th July and got them back 8 weeks later, I can appreciate the delay as they moved workshops and Steve himself handles all the alterations. The quality of the alteration is great looks just like the original pair. ....However I asked to downsize 1 size in the waist up to an inch and now cant even button them up! They have gone from a 31.5 waist, their own measurements, to 28 inch waist! Using their own measuring guide they should have measured 30 at the least. They are now nearly 4 inches smaller at the waist from when I sent them. Cost of jeans x shipping to and from the USA x cost of service = an expensive pair of mid range jeans i will probably never wear. Should have copped those BSP'S.

Copped a pair of spikes 12. . Sized on the side of caution got a 31 could have got a 30. After a few days wear couldn't get on with the extra room as they stretched. Contacted Railcar and ordered a taper and downsize service,they even offered to do it a little cheaper as i was shipping from the UK! Shipped them on the 7th July and got them back 8 weeks later, I can appreciate the delay as they moved workshops and Steve himself handles all the alterations. The quality of the alteration is great looks just like the original pair. ....However I asked to downsize 1 size in the waist up to an inch and now cant even button them up! They have gone from a 31.5 waist, their own measurements, to 28 inch waist! Using their own measuring guide they should have measured 30 at the least. They are now nearly 4 inches smaller at the waist from when I sent them. Cost of jeans x shipping to and from the USA x cost of service = an expensive pair of mid range jeans i will probably never wear. Should have copped those BSP'S.

You should contact Steven directly.  He's honestly one of the best denim repair guys in the country and a genuinely honest businessman.  I'm sure he'll get it taken care of if you just let him know.  They just moved locations so it may take a little longer to get a response.  

You should contact Steven directly.  He's honestly one of the best denim repair guys in the country and a genuinely honest businessman.  I'm sure he'll get it taken care of if you just let him know.  They just moved locations so it may take a little longer to get a response.  

i have been speaking to him and tawny directly for 8 weeks and 23 emails! That's my point. After all that they come back 2 sizes to small. Sort of lost the will with them now, what am I going to do ship them to and from the USA again and wait for the whole process again. 

After a week of them hanging with a block permanently stretching the waist I am just about able to get the buttons done up. If the top button can hang in there until they stretch to my waist I may be able to wear them. The rest of the fit is bang on, slim not skinny. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick fit question on the Spikes. I understand that you should get the size that you normally get in Levi's, but for the Spikes which Levi's would that be? The 511?

To add more context to my question, I'm more concerned with the fit of the thighs more than that of the waist, which is why I'm asking which Levi's model it most closely compares to. 511? 510? Something else?

• 2 weeks later...

To add more context to my question, I'm more concerned with the fit of the thighs more than that of the waist, which is why I'm asking which Levi's model it most closely compares to. 511? 510? Something else?

Each size has a different thigh measurement. So it depends on your size. But comparing size to size I think its pretty close to a 511. Ive worn both.

So we moved into our new warehouse workshop and retail brick and mortar down the street from our old Arcadia shop. And we are finally all set up. Well, almost all set up. But we now have an offical Railcar brick and mortar shop in Old Town Monrovia, California. Its a pretty good location. Pretty much 35 mins from Orange County and 35 mins from LA. So its pretty easy to get to. This Saturday, Oct 11th from 2pm to 7pm we are having our grand opening party. I hope to see you SuFu'ers here. All the info is below. 

Our shop will be stocking Railcar garments, Railcar pomade, along with complementary such as Red Wing Shoe Co, Faribault Wool, Obbi Good Label, Mr. Black Garment Essentials and more.

We got a pretty popular live band playing, car show, a lot of raffles, photo booth, tacos, drinks, ect....

Please come celebrate with us. It should be a pretty good time. We have a enclosed 10 car parking yard that is connected to our factory and retail shop. So the party will be bleeding from the retail shop, into the factory and out back into the yard. So it should be a good size party.

forumpics-001.jpg

forumpics-002.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

Here's a couple shots of my Railcar RDCX contest jeans.  Wore them every day July '13-'14 and have been wearing them as beater jeans since the end of the contest.  I believe 2 washes and 2 soaks.  

SYNZRaMl.jpg

Here they are next to my 5 month old 3sixteens.

bBBh0C8l.jpg

Tomorrow at our grand opening party we will be giving out this canvas tote bag with purchase of any Red Wing boot. While supplies last. Railcar printed on one side and Red Wing printed on the other. Hopefully I can meet some of you guys tomorrow.

forumpics-003.jpg

Tomorrow we will be releasing our Railcar Spikes X019 Japanese Tinted Weft jean. The pair is a red line selvedge with a nice tinted weft in the back that comes through on the top side. 

Also we are releasing the limited release Red Wing 8" high Harvester in amber and in black. Super limited release. Not even the Red Wing stores will have these. And we got them in women's sizes.

Again, come on in and check out the new Railcar brick and mortar.

forumpics-004.jpg

1st day of brown spikes sometime in '12.

http://i.imgur.com/KEv9X.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FJuzM.jpg

Lanyard that came with it because steven was nice enough to oblige.

http://i.imgur.com/SEz4v.jpg

After two years and many washes. Surprisingly still a bit dark but not as dark as the pictures would lead you to believe. Either way I like as is and can only look forward to more wears with them. It also held up incredibly well with the crotch only showing some strain now.

http://i.imgur.com/JlKfjuv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aW6eBls.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V7GYoWZ.jpg

Lanyard

http://i.imgur.com/nF6JXRR.jpg

Hey Steven:

I pm'd you about getting ahold of a pair of Red Wing Harvesters. Given I live on the East Coast, I can't make it to your opening but I'm wondering if you'll be making the Harvesters available via mail order.

So we moved into our new warehouse workshop and retail brick and mortar down the street from our old Arcadia shop. And we are finally all set up. Well, almost all set up. But we now have an offical Railcar brick and mortar shop in Old Town Monrovia, California. Its a pretty good location. Pretty much 35 mins from Orange County and 35 mins from LA. So its pretty easy to get to. This Saturday, Oct 11th from 2pm to 7pm we are having our grand opening party. I hope to see you SuFu'ers here. All the info is below. 

Our shop will be stocking Railcar garments, Railcar pomade, along with complementary such as Red Wing Shoe Co, Faribault Wool, Obbi Good Label, Mr. Black Garment Essentials and more.

We got a pretty popular live band playing, car show, a lot of raffles, photo booth, tacos, drinks, ect....

Please come celebrate with us. It should be a pretty good time. We have a enclosed 10 car parking yard that is connected to our factory and retail shop. So the party will be bleeding from the retail shop, into the factory and out back into the yard. So it should be a good size party.

forumpics-001.jpg

forumpics-002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hope the grand opening went well, I hope to one day make a pilgrimage to your coast. The RDC contest was also killer the whole way through.

Hope the grand opening went well, I hope to one day make a pilgrimage to your coast. The RDC contest was also killer the whole way through.

Yeah! You got to swing by for sure. Would be cool meeting you. Yeah, that RDC turned out great.

Thanks!

Just got my Railcar Spikes X016 16.25 oz selvedge in.  These were my prize for second place in the Railcar RDCX013 contest.  Can't wait to start breaking these in.

OC6DssSl.jpgWXAhYJzl.jpg

Way to go. Fitting perfect!

• 4 weeks later...

Shop Small / Cyber Monday weekend deal!

Whats up SuperFuture Railcar thread! I hope you all are having a great Holiday weekend.

So I hope you all made it out alive for Black Friday! You guys got those big TV's? haha I didn't have any luck myself.

Anyways, I just wanted to through up our weekend deal that we are having. Its our 3 day sale that started yesterday (sorry for the tardy post here) till end of day Cyber Monday. So you still have a chance to get in on this.

WIth a purchase of a any Railcar jean or any Red Wing boot bought on our website you will get free, one of our new Railcar Handkerchiefs in any color and your choice of a jar of Railcar Pomade or a full size bottle of Mr. Black raw denim deodorizer. When you "add to cart" on the site you will have an option to pick your deal. Here is the link to our wite. www.railcarfinegoods.com

The Handkerchiefs are pretty nice. I found these rolls and I thought they would be perfect for this project. Its a cotton linen blend and they have a nice weight to do what ever you want with them. Here are some pictures from my Instagram. Oh yeah the handks are 20"x20"

OH yeah, I forgot to mention its a deal per jean. So if you get two jeans or a jean and a boot you get 2 deals.

Have a great rest of your weekend from all of us here at Railcar.

post-001.jpg

post-002.jpg

So we are releasing our new Railcar denim chino trousers. Super nice 12 ounce deep deep indigo Japanese orange line selvedge. The fit is very similar as the Railcar Spikes fit. Same top block, same thighs and knees. The only changes we made is for the leg bottom opening is slightly slimmer to give more of a fitted look to go along with the trouser style. The fabric is super soft on the inside and lays nicely on the body.

Available now on our site here http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=denim_trouser_X018

We will also have it with us this Sunday in Oakland, California at our hemming event at Two Jacks Denim. We are bringing a size set with us. So if you in the area, come on by. We will be there from 12pm to 4pm. 

post-003.jpg 

post-004.jpg

Here are the two fliers for this weekends event in NorCal. Hope to see you there!

Saturday we are releasing the men's Spikes and women's Viper X021. 14.25 ounce Japanese 100% cotton jeans.

And the new Railcar denim chino trousers, that I just posted above, at Two Jacks Denim in Oakland.

Really hoping to meet some of you guys there.

post-005.jpg

post-006.jpg