railcar fine goods

kayodic

Railcar Fine Goods - X009. Worn around 6 months and they had 4 washes in total. I waited 3 months for the first wash. After that I did one every few weeks.

In december I decided to hem them while I was in Berlin. The hem was done on the exact same point as where the cuff used to start (look at the last picture). You can see the stitch doing through that line

You can find more pics, info and small updates on my blog: http://fadeproject.tumblr.com/

Hey Steven, 

Is this the same 14,75 fabric as the spikes X012?

I decided to start producing these in the X012 denim. 14.75 ounce red line Cone Mills. Its a real nice weight. Feels perfect for a jacket. It actually keeps you warm. Its fully triple chain stitched with no open seams. The jacket is super hard to make. No very many jackets are constructed like this and if they are they are super expensive. So I think ours is pretty well priced. Just opened up the preorder on our site. Preorder will close Monday January 27th. But we are actually starting the production on them tomorrow. So hopefully, we will have a good headstart to ship them once the preorder closes. https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJDEUCEX012

front_zps2b83fc43.jpg

Steven was talking about adding in pockets into a newer model, not sure if it's going to be this one or another one.

All black with hand pockets would be amazing. It gets pretty chilly north of the 49th.

I'm pretty tempted by the Deuce 006 but am holding out for the above mentioned. Is this a possibility Steven?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really think of a way to prevent the fading. If the denim were stiff I would recommend giving it a quick soak so that there would be less rigid creases forming, but the denim is already pretty soft. I would just avoid heavy wear. But I have to say, the indigo underneath does look pretty good when it starts to show through the black.

If you're looking for a black denim jacket that will stay dark forever (literally), I would check out the Iron Heart IH-9526j jacket. It's not cheap, but its very high quality like Railcar. Finding a used one would be a good idea

I think I've come to terms that RFG isn't going to make a black Deuce anytime soon. I've been looking at getting the black overdyed and was wondering if there's a way to keep it black longer.

Another option likely to be more in the railcar price range is the jacket they're making over at Left Field. There's a shot of the prototype about halfway down the page: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/76272-left-field-jeans/page-38 Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it's going to be available for some time. I'm sure if you contacted them or dropped a note on the Left Field thread they'd respond pretty quickly though. 

It's the same Collect mills denim they use for their Black Maria jeans (which I've been thoroughly loving for the last 2-3 months). There are a handful of pictures of broken in pairs in the 29-31 page range of the thread. 

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

I can't really think of a way to prevent the fading. If the denim were stiff I would recommend giving it a quick soak so that there would be less rigid creases forming, but the denim is already pretty soft. I would just avoid heavy wear. But I have to say, the indigo underneath does look pretty good when it starts to show through the black.

If you're looking for a black denim jacket that will stay dark forever (literally), I would check out the Iron Heart IH-9526j jacket. It's not cheap, but its very high quality like Railcar. Finding a used one would be a good idea

Yeah I was thinking about IH but I'm just not a fan of the type 3. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Another option likely to be more in the railcar price range is the jacket they're making over at Left Field. There's a shot of the prototype about halfway down the page: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/76272-left-field-jeans/page-38 Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it's going to be available for some time. I'm sure if you contacted them or dropped a note on the Left Field thread they'd respond pretty quickly though. 

It's the same Collect mills denim they use for their Black Maria jeans (which I've been thoroughly loving for the last 2-3 months). There are a handful of pictures of broken in pairs in the 29-31 page range of the thread. 

Yeah I was sold on the LF jacket but it's still coming out in Fall 2014 and I'm too impatient to wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Just posted this on the raw for women thread but here are my gfs Viper X001 at 14 months. 0 soaks, 0 washes. No crotch blowout but a few rips in the inner knee combs. Maybe thinking of doing its first dunk this weekend but keep holding it off.

tawny_viperx001_001.jpg

tawny_viperx001_002.jpg

tawny_viperx001_004.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We are in another mid build of these again. Railcar black over indigo over indigo slub Japanese denim. We are building them in both the men's Spikes fit and also the women's Viper fit. We are about half way done with making about a dozen in each size. A bit has been preordered but still some left. Not very much of this fabric is left. So they are not going to be around for ever. The fabric is a 14 ounce nonselvedge Japanese Kurabo. We usually dont use a nonselvedge denim but this was so unique from such a good mill that we had to use it. The outseam is sewn with a flat felled seam for a cleaner outseam look when cuffing. Fabric fades to to a shadow blue. Triple stitched constructed with hidden back pocket rivets and interior pocket linings. Everything is black. I mean everything.

$228

Check them out here. RJOVERDYE006 https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RJOVERDYE006

rjoverdye006-low-800-001.jpg

rjoverdye006-low-800-002.jpg

rjoverdye006-low-800-003.jpg

rjoverdye006-low-800-004.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

Any fade pics of the 006 fabric?

We are in another mid build of these again. Railcar black over indigo over indigo slub Japanese denim. We are building them in both the men's Spikes fit and also the women's Viper fit. We are about half way done with making about a dozen in each size. A bit has been preordered but still some left. Not very much of this fabric is left. So they are not going to be around for ever. The fabric is a 14 ounce nonselvedge Japanese Kurabo. We usually dont use a nonselvedge denim but this was so unique from such a good mill that we had to use it. The outseam is sewn with a flat felled seam for a cleaner outseam look when cuffing. Fabric fades to to a shadow blue. Triple stitched constructed with hidden back pocket rivets and interior pocket linings. Everything is black. I mean everything.

$228

Check them out here. RJOVERDYE006 https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RJOVERDYE006

rjoverdye006-low-800-001.jpg

rjoverdye006-low-800-002.jpg

rjoverdye006-low-800-003.jpg

rjoverdye006-low-800-004.jpg

Has anyone bought the railcar pomade? I'm really interested to see how well it works

Got a bottle of it yesterday from their workshop. No pics but it works great and smells a lot better than the stuff I normally use so no complaints. 

• 2 weeks later...