railcar fine goods

kayodic

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a pair of X001s recently. It was awesome to tour the workshop, and Steven was truly a great guy. The X001s are a perfect year-round weight, and a tad more classic blue than the X002s. They stretch a little bit, more so than the X002s, so they were a good option for me because I'm in between a 29 and 30 and was able to comfortably take a 29 and get the slimmer fit I wanted. Absolutely no regrets switching to Railcar from APC... they are much higher quality and built by awesome people

What's up everybody. I haven't been on here for a while. Been so busy. But I'm in Portland Oregon right now because this Saturday Oct 5th we are releasing our new over-dyed black over indigo over slub yarn jackets at Lizard Lounge. If your in the area, we would love to meet you. We will have a pretty cool Railcar display to check out. Hopefully we will see you there. 12-4pm

We will have giveaways and also setting up some comp drinks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When I went to Berlin in december for a short holiday, I took the opportunity to visit ‘DC4’: One of Berlin’s finest denim shops. My mission was to get my Railcar X009 hemmed.

I was lucky, because Daniel Cizmek the owner/founder/creator of DC4 was the one who did the hem job and he didn’t let me pay for it. â€See this as a Christmas gift†he said. What a great and a humble guy!! :)

tumblr_mz94dzcTiI1rjezijo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz94dzcTiI1rjezijo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz94dzcTiI1rjezijo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz94dzcTiI1rjezijo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz94dzcTiI1rjezijo5_1280.jpg

Hey! Long time I haven't been on here. been swamped at the workshop the last few months and really no time for any forums or internet stuff. Only had time for quick snaps on Instagram. 

But yeah, We just finished redialing down our Deuce Jacket. Made a couple of changes to the fit. We made the neck hole bigger so you can button the top and also widen the upper chest.

I decided to start producing these in the X012 denim. 14.75 ounce red line Cone Mills. Its a real nice weight. Feels perfect for a jacket. It actually keeps you warm. Its fully triple chain stitched with no open seams. The jacket is super hard to make. No very many jackets are constructed like this and if they are they are super expensive. So I think ours is pretty well priced. Just opened up the preorder on our site. Preorder will close Monday January 27th. But we are actually starting the production on them tomorrow. So hopefully, we will have a good headstart to ship them once the preorder closes. https://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJDEUCEX012

front_zps2b83fc43.jpg

back_zpsafa9848f.jpg

insideshoulder_zps43578d7b.jpg

insideback_zps4d4d8cea.jpg

Here's a picture of the bottom waistband of the Deuce X012. Two piece waistbanded with a continuous tucked chain stitch. The two piece waistband gives you a heavier bottom seam making it 4 plies. So you'll achieve some lower waistband fading because of the fabric inside the waistband. The tucked chain stitch at the ends helps reduce risk of chain stitch unravel. Locking the chain stitch inside.

insidewaistband_zps662495a6.jpg

For reference here's the fit on me with their previous model. 

Have to say, love the narrow seams on the back, probably cleans it up nicely. My samurai jacket looks quite boxy from behind. Are you planning on putting pockets in the next version?

CdV9PDZ.jpg?1

Edited by bradl

any evo pics for X009 ? mine are at the 7/8 month stage, some fades slowly coming through 

I know some guy whaleysworld on instagram has a few hes working on. If your on there try searching #spikesX009 I know a few come up

Thank you, Steven, for letting me stop by your workshop yesterday and for hemming my jeans on the spot!  It was really cool seeing your operation in person.

Ohh!!! So your Redstar! I just matched the two together. Good to meet you!

So I got some more of the fabric I use as our X008 fabric. Some stretch white line Cone Mills. We use this fabric for the ladies in the Viper fit and also the Donna high waist fit. So we will be making this at this time. 

here are a few fit and detail pictures of the Donna X008. Fits pretty good. traditional 70's style rear pockets that are slightly higher. Relocated "watch" pocket up on the waistband. Triple seat seam constructed. 

Sizes available are  24 25 26 27 28 29 @ $198 free 48 US shipping, $25 International 

http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RWJDONNAX008

DonnaX008003-800_zps7bee1de5.jpg

DonnaX008002-800_zps5f4325df.jpg

DonnaX008001-800_zps94901930.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

any evo pics for X009 ? mine are at the 7/8 month stage, some fades slowly coming through 

If you go back a few pages you'll find mine. I gave them their third wash yesterday. I'll make pics this weekend if the weather is good! 

Here is an updated fit picture of the Deuce X012 jacket. Updated fit on it from the original sample shown. I think we got the fit dialed exactly how we want.

The Deuce X012 is a simplified, cleaner, fitted Type 2 style jacket. Preorders are up. We want to make sure we make enough on our first run of these. $248 http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJDEUCEX012

deuceX012-1-1000_zpse20947ec.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG