railcar fine goods

kayodic

Few new pictures here at the workshop I took today. Just another visual of how we build Railcar Fine Goods here in Arcadia. If you local swing on in! We have a showroom here where we sell our goods. You can also see exactly who and where your jeans are made at. Open from 8am-430pm. Best to give the shop a buzz before you come down, just in the case we take off to get a bite to eat. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Picture below are of us finishing up some jeans using my vintage Union Specials. 

RDCX013029_zps201635cf.jpg

RDCX013030_zpsca11100d.jpg

RDCX013031_zpsd0f562a7.jpg

RDCX013032_zpsad7a6219.jpg

RDCX013 are nearly done! Should be shipping out next month to all the preorders. 14 ounce Japanese indigo, hidden rivets, pocket lined, ect...... Almost done. Really looking forward to you guys to start to wear them. Here are a few pictures of them in our workshop being built.

RDCX013028_zpsfbe01c57.jpg

rdcx01302_zpsed19d557.jpg

RDCX013033_zps60c22c43.jpg

Just a few more steps before we can ship these. Tons of detail. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Railcar new release! Railcar women's selvedge cuffed cutoff shorts! Its not a Viper or Spikes fit cut up. Its a completely new fit. It has a slightly shorter rise then the Viper with larger thigh openings so its not skin tight. Also the seat area is a little looser as well. They will be up on our site tomorrow for sale. Just in time for Summer. Its made of, what we call our X001 denim, 13.5 ounce 100% cotton Cone Mills red line selvedge. Raw so it should have nice whiskering wears and fades. Only $128

ambershorts004_zps1f09fcc3.jpg

ambershorts005_zpsba0fbd0f.jpg

ambershorts003_zps286a406e.jpg

We finished up some of our men's Spikes X005 today. Here is a picture of them fresh off the machine with some leather. The Spikes X005 is our lightest weight men's jeans. 12 ounce dark indigo Cone Mills blue line selvedge that fades to slubs. They look dark and flat new but they do slub when they get worn. Anyways a good pair of straight/slim for the hotter weather. And priced well too. Most of the Railcar stockist carries the X005 and also available on our site for $178 here. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJSPIKESX005

Size the Railcar Spikes fit as if your buying Levis. They size similar. Snug true to size. 

Thanks!

x005003_zps54a7e784.jpg

I've had four pairs of jeans altered by Railcar; 3sixteen, Flat Heads and Iron Heart. Each time they exceeded my expectations with their service and tailoring skills. If you've got a pair of jeans that need to be altered in any way, you'd be remiss not to give them a call. 

Just received my GF's Sonny shorts from Railcar, sized up from her usual size to get a nice relaxed fit. Will post fit pictures once she is home from work. The details on these shorts was such a pleasant surprise, the denim is just a smidgen darker than what is pictured and the hand is nice and smooth and not as flat as most other cone variaties. Would have loved some hidden rivets but honestly I don't think my partner will  miss that small detail. The untreated patch is also lovely and the zipper-placket selvedge ID is a great touch. Superb job Railcar!

Thank you for all the help and for creating such a great product. 

Railcar Fine Goods jackets coming! In progress right now at the workshop. We already leaked a few pictures here and there but here is a quick picture of some just getting started. Got started with the size small right now. 

jackets001_zps13410d5a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steven, i'm interested in Spikes010 and need sizing help.

my best fitting pair of denim is measured at 34" (buttoned up and aligned)

Also, What's the expected stretch on these?

thanks

Hi Steven, i'm interested in Spikes010 and need sizing help.

my best fitting pair of denim is measured at 34" (buttoned up and aligned)

Also, What's the expected stretch on these?

thanks

Hi! Our Railcar sizing is 2 under tag size. So I think a 32 inch would be perfect for you. I even double checked and just measured one here in the workshop and a tag size 32 measures at 17 inches laying flat aligned. So yeah! Your a Railcar size 32.

We are out of stock in those X010s in size 32.

But we will be doing a soft release of our new style X012 today. 

If your on any social media you'll probably see it on ours. Also I will be posting it up on here too. Will be available on our site later today.

Any of our other styles we should have a 32 good to go for you. 

Day one with the RDCX013. Amazing job by Steven and the gang, first pair were like jeggings, so I sent them back and he whipped up a brand new pair, no extra cost. Thanks for doing that!

XhPL6UQ.jpg

Railcar Fine Goods jackets coming! In progress right now at the workshop. We already leaked a few pictures here and there but here is a quick picture of some just getting started. Got started with the size small right now. 

jackets001_zps13410d5a.jpg

Around when can we expect those jackets! I was just looking at investing in one for the Fall Winter Season!

• 2 weeks later...

Does the x009 shrink a lot with hot washes? And if so how much?

When I washed mine I did it with the hottest water from the tap and I let them sit in the tub for 1 hour. They shrank back to their original measurements and not further! After a few wears they stretched back again.

So if I'm a 36 inch waist I should for sure go with a 34 then right?

Sounds right as the 34w x009 measures 36".

But I'd just cross refer with a pair of jeans that fit you well in the waist by checking its measurements and seeing if it matches up.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Is that a typo Danny? Here are the measurements from the Railcar website. Looks like tag size 34 has a 36'' waist. 

Fit Specs

• Sizing specs are measured in inches

Men's Spikes straight/slim medium/low rise fit specs measured laying flat
    Size 30 - Actual Waistband 16, Thigh 11, Knee 7.75 Bottom Hem Opening 7, Length 35
    Size 31 - Actual Waistband 16.5, Thigh 11.25, Knee 8 Bottom Hem Opening 7.25, Length 35
    Size 32 - Actual Waistband 17, Thigh 11.5, Knee 8.25 Bottom Hem Opening 7.5, Length 35
    Size 33 - Actual Waistband 17.5, Thigh 12, Knee 8.5 Bottom Hem Opening 7.75, Length 35
    Size 34 - Actual Waistband 18, Thigh 12.5, Knee 8.75 Bottom Hem Opening 8, Length 35
    Size 36 - Actual Waistband 19, Thigh 13, Knee 9 Bottom Hem Opening 8.25, Length 35
    Size 38 - Actual Waistband 20, Thigh 13.5, Knee 9.25 Bottom Hem Opening 8.25, Length 35

Men's Spikes straight/slim medium/low rise fit specs measured around
    Size 30 - Actual Waistband 32, Thigh 22, Knee 15.5, Bottom Hem Opening 14, Length 35
    Size 31 - Actual Waistband 33, Thigh 22.5, Knee 16, Bottom Hem Opening 14.5, Length 35
    Size 32 - Actual Waistband 34, Thigh 23, Knee 16.5, Bottom Hem Opening 15, Length 35
    Size 33 - Actual Waistband 35, Thigh 24, Knee 17, Bottom Hem Opening 15.5, Length 35
    Size 34 - Actual Waistband 36, Thigh 25, Knee 17.5, Bottom Hem Opening 16, Length 35
    Size 36 - Actual Waistband 38, Thigh 26, Knee 18, Bottom Hem Opening 16.5, Length 35
    Size 38 - Actual Waistband 40, Thigh 27, Knee 18.5, Bottom Hem Opening 16.5, Length 35

That's what I thought. That's why I was asking if I should go with the 34 when I'm a 36 inch waist. I didn't know if these were sanforized or unsanforized and how much they shrink. I like my jeans snug so didn't know if I should maybe even go with a 33.

Edited by brently