railcar fine goods

kayodic

Thank you!

Well first, nobody asks how heavy your jeans are, but how heavy the denim is used making your jeans. Usually people say 16 ounce denim, not 16 ounces of denim, big difference there ;). You kind off answered the question yourself "16 oz refers to the weight of the denim per yard". So if somebody says 16 ounces then they probably didn't mean it that way :).

Edited by Somar

Does Railcar plan on doing a straight, or a slim/straight cut with a higher rise made from whatever is leftover of the Cone denim?

Yeah, We have a "James" fit that we do. I can make it out of any fabric we have available. Same price as the Spikes fit. As for the fit, to compare it to Spikes fit, It has a 1 inch taller rise and 1 inch larger legs from the thigh all the way down to the leg bottom opening. (half inch if you measure the leg laying flat) Give me an email and we can set you up. [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steven! If these are both the spikes fit, why does the new x011 look baggier? Did you size down on the x009, did you loose weight, is it because the X009 had a shorter inseam? Or... does it only look that way?

spikesx00908.jpg

SpikesX00100_zpsc745bbb6.jpg

Hey Steven! If these are both the spikes fit, why does the new x011 look baggier? Did you size down on the x009, did you loose weight, is it because the X009 had a shorter inseam? Or... does it only look that way?

haha. I think a little of both! All the Railcar Spikes straight/slim, medium/low rise are cut out of the same patterns. So the fit should be exactly the same. Im wearing the same size.

What I think is that the X009 has a super tight weave and lays on the legs really ridged, making them look slimmer when new. The X011 although still a heavy 14oz, is softer so it drapes more on the legs, compared to the ridged X009.

Ive also been working like a dog too, So I may have lost a few pounds too.

So Im thinking its a little of both.

I got a new fit model coming in Friday. So we are retaking some fit pictures on another body. This may convey the fit a little more. The Spikes fit likes to be sized true to size. Similar sizing as if you buy Levis.

mp301_zps2efb637a.jpg

mp302_zps0abe11de.jpg

mp303_zps50dcbdfd.jpg

mp304_zps1fe41a63.jpg

Hey guys/gals! Today Celisse snapped a few pictures of me working on some Spikes X005 12oz blue line selvedge here at the RFG Workshop. Just wanted to share with you guys. Here at the workshop, we have a small staff of only 6 people that makes everything from start to end. From a roll of fabric to the finished good happens all here under one roof. With the combination of how we do things here, we can actually claim handmade goods and keep them at a reasonable price. We don't out source any of out manufacturing. Everything is made by us here at the Railcar Workshop.

Edited by Steven RFG

If you local to the Arcadia, California area. We have a retail showroom. We have Railcar goods for sale. If you buy some Railcar's we will hem them up to your length for free! So swing by. Give us a call or an email to set up an appointment.

Edited by Steven RFG

While I'm at it posting here. Wanted to share some of RAWR Denim's pictures of their coverage on us at Inspiration LA in our booth. Celisse has about 20-21 months of wear on her Railcar Viper X001 13.5oz 100% cotton non-stretch red line selvedge. hope you guys like it.

railcar-09_zpse128a340.jpg

railcar-12_zps34f89da4.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

Another Arcadian here :) .... just wanted to say awesome work man. Fit and denim look on point. I'll be dropping by one of these days to check out the showroom

Yeah! Swing on by! Bunch of pictures of our showroom workshop now on my instagram. Dont know if you on there but check it out at @railcarfinegoods

Steven001_zpsd82b9eb7.jpg

Picture of my post soak on my Spikes X001. It Its my 3rd clean soak with these. And this time the jeans came out a little darker then when was new. The denim also thicken up with the cotton yarns swelling. My shop assistant Celisse even thought they were X002s today. I've been wearing my X005s for a few weeks. Going to switch it back up to these guys for a bit. And try to get the whiskering back after the soak.

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks for Steven at Railcar for getting my jeans fixed! I never thought my APCs would ever get worn again because of the insanity of the blowout I had.

Here is the before.

8128653866_894af80623_c.jpg

8128652544_7ea7410087_c.jpg

8128627001_c5d594c725_c.jpg

Here's the after:

8593349806_07d8294d5a_c.jpg

8592250693_9007252688_c.jpg

8592256761_b0640c2c20_c.jpg

The repairs look great. Can't wait to wear these again.

any chance you guys might do a denim jacket? Would love to see what you can come up with.

Ohh yeah!! We got something we are working on. Traditional but different at the same time. Still working on prototypes at the workshop. Should be available late summer going into fall.

I just wanted to post up that we are having a Railcar Denim Contest! The jeans used in the contest will be the RDCX013. Its a 14oz 100% cotton Japanese red line selvedge. We have enough to make about 20 jeans. So there will be only that many spots in the contest. We are going to make all of the jeans made to order in any Railcar men's and women's fit! This will be a great project to follow. The same denim fabric in different fits, different genders, different adventures, different care treatments from different locations from all of the world. It will be very interesting seeing the difference in fades and wears. Winner will obviously get a price. Judges and prizes to be announced.

We picked the 14oz denim because its a good weight to wear year round. Also not too heavy for women's in the Viper fit. Dark indigo so for nice contrasting fades. The RDCX013 will also have some other details not even found on more expensive jeans.

Picture shown below is me making the prototype here at the workshop. More info on our site.

RDCX013004_zpsbf7ed54c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My Spikes X001 nice and broken in for Spring. About 2 years old now. Started off as my work pants. Washed in the sink every 2-3 months. Flat dry. Warp yards looking nice.

track09_zpsf79681d1.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

steven, big fan of RFG...I got a pair of pair of x002s from a store locally...just wondering how much the waist would stretch out with wear? got them in size 29 and have not been able to button the top button... I normally do this with raw denim as I like a tighter fit... did the same with my apc's (27/28 in new cure/petite standard) and were able to button them up after wearing them for a couple of weeks around the house to break them in... the railcars seem to be tougher though :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post up that we are having a Railcar Denim Contest! The jeans used in the contest will be the RDCX013. Its a 14oz 100% cotton Japanese red line selvedge. We have enough to make about 20 jeans. So there will be only that many spots in the contest. We are going to make all of the jeans made to order in any Railcar men's and women's fit! This will be a great project to follow. The same denim fabric in different fits, different genders, different adventures, different care treatments from different locations from all of the world. It will be very interesting seeing the difference in fades and wears. Winner will obviously get a price. Judges and prizes to be announced.

We picked the 14oz denim because its a good weight to wear year round. Also not too heavy for women's in the Viper fit. Dark indigo so for nice contrasting fades. The RDCX013 will also have some other details not even found on more expensive jeans.

Picture shown below is me making the prototype here at the workshop. More info on our site.

RDCX013004_zpsbf7ed54c.jpg

Got to say I am super stoked on this. Steven, and Celisse were nothing but positive and willing to answer my every question. Also had the opportunity to stop by the shop, and see how everything works, and was awesome seeing the production side, after 4 years on the consumer side.

Will be posting my fit when the x013 come in! Also think I may have convinced my girlfriend to get a pair, so just going to wait for her to get back from vacation, and grab some measurements.

(Brad from Calgary)

Repost of some pictures I posted in the Raw for Womens thread.

10.75oz black, red line selvedge in our Viper fit. Took a little time out this morning to snap a few pictures.

Cel004_zps77f92dba.jpg

Cel005_zpsfd9d8afa.jpg

Cel006_zpsbe7de5b7.jpg

Very nice ... they look custom fit for the model.

Thanks! Not custom its our off the shelf women's Viper fit.

Wore my Spikes X011 14oz brown Japanese today. We just finished more stock. Let me know if I can help you with sizing. Thanks.

Edited by Steven RFG