railcar fine goods

kayodic

Excuse the stupid question, but well, I am a little stupid... and also curious.

Would it be possible to make a Donna cut (or similar) in non-stretch, selvedge denim? I don't mean a custom pair for me, I just wonder if it's doable or if the properties of the cut makes it difficult.

Everywhere I look, the high waist-ish fits with slim legs come in stretch denim. The swedish brand Pace did a non-stretch version of their hi-rider a few years back. I loved that jean and wore it to pieces, literally, but the next year's version had stretch in it and it wasn't the same. I do understand that stretch is more comfortable for most, but if the thighs are cut generously enough I think it should work without.

Edit: I don't mean super skin tight, more like a Viper with a higher waist, slim but not stuffed sausage, fitted.

Edited by birgitte

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse the stupid question, but well, I am a little stupid... and also curious.

Would it be possible to make a Donna cut (or similar) in non-stretch, selvedge denim? I don't mean a custom pair for me, I just wonder if it's doable or if the properties of the cut makes it difficult.

Everywhere I look, the high waist-ish fits with slim legs come in stretch denim. The swedish brand Pace did a non-stretch version of their hi-rider a few years back. I loved that jean and wore it to pieces, literally, but the next year's version had stretch in it and it wasn't the same. I do understand that stretch is more comfortable for most, but if the thighs are cut generously enough I think it should work without.

Edit: I don't mean super skin tight, more like a Viper with a higher waist, slim but not stuffed sausage, fitted.

Hi. Yeah! Give me an email and we can set it up. We do, do those in special request from scratch here at the workshop

Hi Railcar SuFu thread. Just wanted to give an update on this Fall/Winter season style. We just released our new style in the womens Viper line. Its the new Viper X008. Its made of 11oz raw dark indigo American Cone Mills denim that has 2% stretch in it. Very easy to fit these with the combination of the 11oz and 2% stretch. Sizes available are 24 25 26 27 28 29 30. Size 31 are available at special request. Get them here Viper X008

viperx008.cel.800px.01_zpse1f978d9.jpg

viperx008.cel.800px.02_zpsb886c1b1.jpg

viperx008.cel.800px.03_zpse936e1cd.jpg

viper x03 - did you run out of material or would it be possible to order a specific size ?

We do have some denim fabric left. I can make you a size from scratch!

• 3 weeks later...

Whats up SUFU.

So this is coming out real soon. Railcar X Tenue de Nimes. Its a collaboration of clean Tenue de Nimes design with our Railcar detailed rugged construction. Completely built at the Railcar Workshop in Arcadia, California.

389944_486447788045955_1975074220_n.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

I posted these in the Raw For Womens. Wanted to post up in the Railcar thread.

We just took pictures of some womens Viper X001. 17 months old with about 16 months actual wear time. Denim still feels like they have a lot of life in them.

viperx001cel17mo01.jpg

viperx001cel17mo02.jpg

viperx001cel17mo03.jpg

viperx001cel17mo04.jpg

viperx001cel17mo05.jpg

viperx001cel17mo06.jpg

I posted these in the Raw For Womens. Wanted to post up in the Railcar thread.

We just took pictures of some womens Viper X001. 17 months old with about 16 months actual wear time. Denim still feels like they have a lot of life in them.

viperx001cel17mo05.jpg

FJJJC.jpg

Nice jeans ;)

Edited by Ghoul

At long last my girlfriend and I are going to pick up a custom pair of Donnas tomorrow afternoon. We're stoked. We're gonna start a project blog and post weekly-ish updates and try to keep it going for at least a year. Updates to follow.

Looking forward to your visit. See you tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

We wanted to announce the release of the new Spikes X009. Its our Spikes fit straight/slim, medium/low rise but made of a heavier 16oz Japanese red line selvedge. Also has additional details on it such as hidden back pocket rivets, triple stitched seat seams and also triple stitched belt looping. Completely cut and built in our own workshop in Arcadia, California. Pretty much all the details you are looking for at a much lower price. Here are a few pictures. Thanks!

More info on our site here. http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJSPIKESX009

spikesx00908.jpg

spikesx00907.jpg

spikesx00906.jpg

spikesx00905.jpg

spikesx00904.jpg

spikesx00903.jpg

spikesx00902.jpg

GQ03.jpg

To all the L.A. SuFu'ers. I just wanted to pass along that we just dropped off a set of the new Spikes X009 16oz Japanese selvedge to General Quarters Store in Los Angeles on La Brea. Great store. Swing by and try them on. They also stock Spikes X002 and X005. More pics on our blog of their shop here.

Edited by Steven RFG

• 2 weeks later...

Railcar womens high waisted "Donna" fit made of 13.5oz Cone Mills red line selvedge 100% cotton non-stretch. We had these offered in non-selvedge stretch. Now we are going to offer them in a selvedge non-stretch. Very nice and should get real nice fades. Will need some work breaking these in. Let me know if you have questions fitting. [email protected]

Donna X001

13.5oz Cone Mills red line selvedge non-stretch 100% cotton

High waisted, slim/skinny fit

Has all the Railcar details and construction

Check them out on our site here.

celhighwaist01.jpg

celhighwaist002.jpg

celhighwaist03.jpg

Is your workshop open on weekends? I want to come by and try on a pair but my weekdays are always busy with school and work.

Yeah, On Saturdays its appointments only. We are in and out of the shop a lot on Saturdays. If you want to set up to come by give me a buzz to set up a time. Email me at [email protected]

We are planing on being at the shop this Saturday afternoon. Give me an email to set up a time. Also What size are you? I'll make sure to have those sizes ready to try on.

I bought for my girlfriend a pair of Railcar Donnas awhile back! Here are some pictures :)

7894123762_c56dd08fd4_o.jpg

Untitled by ROYCEISPRINCE, on Flickr

7894127918_55bdc5917f_o.jpg

7894125046_f11ae239fa_o.jpg

7894124450_5868d09718_o.jpg

7894581900_8c0b3d3edc_o.jpg

7_effected by ROYCEISPRINCE, on Flickr

More Pictures! I keep taking pictures of our womens styles! Ill have to post some mens next. Well, here are some pictures of my friend Amber in some ladies Viper 002 Japanese brown non-selvedge 100% cotton non-stretch denim jeans. 12oz ridged. We recommend sizing up one size on these compared to other Viper styles. From what ladies tell me they feel slightly snugger then the other Viper styles. Please let me know if you need help sizing. Currently available on our website. Only $159 and free US shipping / $20 international.

amber009.jpg

amber008.jpg

amber007.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

Hey Steven, I haven't heard back from you through emails but are you going to be in your workshop this saturday? I want to drop off the jeans for you to taper.

Im not going to be there all day. But lets schedule a time and I can meet you there. Give me a buzz. I live near my shop. So lets set up a time Saturday.

Please excuse the email. Been swamped in the workshop making jeans for the holiday..

Im not going to be there all day. But lets schedule a time and I can meet you there. Give me a buzz. I live near my shop. So lets set up a time Saturday.

Please excuse the email. Been swamped in the workshop making jeans for the holiday..

Ok I figured you were busy so it's no problem. I will shoot you a text later to arrange a time. Thanks!

Whats up SUFU.

So this is coming out real soon. Railcar X Tenue de Nimes. Its a collaboration of clean Tenue de Nimes design with our Railcar detailed rugged construction. Completely built at the Railcar Workshop in Arcadia, California.

Yow Steven,

Got some more info/teasers of the Tenue de Nimes collab?? :)

Perfect timing! So we just shipped out the complete build over to Menno at Tenue de Nimes. He should be receiving them today or tomorrow. It was a great build that we did for it. Super clean Tenue de Nimes styling with our super clean in-house RFG construction. I kept a piece at my shop to archive and to do some pictures of it. Im planing on taking some detail pictures either today or this weekend. We have been extra busy these past few weeks making jeans in the workshop for the holiday orders. But I think we got a hold of things right now so I can snap some pictures.

Just a quick description before I get the pictures ready and up.

The jeans are made of a dark Cone Mills orange line selvedge with thread tone on denim tone stitching. Interior contrast stitching we used out of an espresso brown. The fit is our Spikes straight/slim, medium/low rise fit. The jeans has all our Railcar details such as double waistband with tucked chain stitching, selvedge at the coin pocket and fly, ect. With also a few more details. Like the hand burnt collaboration patch, triple stitched seat seaming, triple stitched belt looping, HEAVY Canvas was used for the pocket bagging that has Mennos art print. Very clean design but added touches that makes it strong and looks burly.

Contact him for sales at [email protected]

Contact me if you need help sizing or questions on details at [email protected]

Pictures should be posted shortly. Thanks!