railcar fine goods

kayodic

On behalf of steven railcar fine goods, i would like to start RFG thread here.

www.railcarfinegoods.com

http://railcarfinegoods.blogspot.com/

RFG workshop is in the Los Angeles area, California, where they manufacture all of their goods at. they craft everything in their own shop, so when a roll of fabric comes in the front door, it leaves as a finished garment going out.

some press pictures

http://www.rawrdenim...im-thats-built/

rawrdenim-railcarfinegoods.jpg

Railcar Fine Goods in Japanese magazine 2nd Snap with mens Spikes X002 14.75oz red line selvedge jeans.

2ndSnap-01.JPG

2ndSnap-02.JPG

and some more http://www.railcarfi...ts.asp?cat=1829

Railcar mens Spikes X001 13.5oz selvedge

251775_246495365374533_126893790668025_901104_4846141_n.jpg

253390_246495325374537_126893790668025_901103_2336060_n.jpg

you'll also notice some familiar face, my friend Faisal aka -five- is wearing Spikes 002 mens Japanese brown denim. (his review; http://five-secondsk...spikes-002.html)

309592_280431101980959_126893790668025_1021039_952082736_n.jpg

73650_164435143580556_126893790668025_431249_108_n.jpg

and my humble Viper for women

railcar-viper-7.jpg

detail

- 13.5oz Cone Mills red line selvedge 100% cotton denim fabric from the White Oak plant in North Carolina.

- Raw thick heavy leather patch that is heat burnt branded with Railcar logo

- Selvedge in the outseam, fly, and coin pocket

- Chain stitch bottom hem

- Single continuous chain stitch on the waistband that is tucked in to prevent unraveling

- Railcar “R†stitch in the fly to reinforce the waistband to the fly to the body panel. Also to even more lock the chainstitch on the waistband

- 2 piece waistband to prevent rear gapping and to achieve fades on top of the waistband when aging the jeans

- hand hammered traditional washer rivets

- branded waistband button

- YKK zipper

- 2 tone stitch color (total of 4 thread colors in the jeans)

- Screen printed on the heavy pocket bag with Railcar art logo

- extra clean stitching (flip the jeans inside out to see)

- belt loops tucked into the waistband

- The whole jeans was made on non-automated traditional jeans making sewing machines. No automatic machines was used to make the jeans. 100% made by Railcar manufacturing.

fit pic

IMG_5948resized2.jpg

IMG_5969resized2.jpg

IMG_5970resized2.jpg

additional review

Viper is nice pair for women, the 13.5oz white oak cone denim feels soft and smooth compared to those Japanese denim. The construction and detail are amazing, the selvage fly is my favorite part. Regarding the fit, it's so versatile, can be worn in many styles (stacking, pin-rolling, cuffing, or tucking). i like the fact that it’s not the typical skin tight jeans like jeggings, this jean is build to fit women’s curves nicely since it has roomier top block and tapered knee down. I would say it as a modern “skinny†jean and the cone fabric (think of those LVC701) adds the vintage feel to it.

my additional fit (cuffing)

IMG_6148resized.jpg

(tucking)

railcarwrywt.jpg

(stacking)

381050_10150403523116547_592366546_8418383_569470295_n.jpg

and how do they look like after 3 months of wear? most probably like this;

ViperX001fades-01.jpg

ViperX001fades-02.jpg

and now im waiting for my womens Viper 002 non-selvedge 12oz brown Japanese Kaihara denim.

the fit is a slim/skinny with a mid/low rise. It has all the Railcar details such as the 6oz raw leather branded patch and chainstitch bottom hem, etc... Viper fit sizes are available in 24 25 26 27 28 29 30. The fit is true to size to fit snug to mold. I would not suggest to size down at all. If your in between two sizes I would go up 1. Even though this jean is a 100% nonstretch, you wont have a problem with rear waistband gaping when bending over as these jeans are shaped to fit a womens body.

viper002-front.jpg

Mens and Womens jeans in route to Dutil Denim Vancouver and Toronto.

also available on www.nordicdenimhouse.com

for more detail

[email protected]

[email protected]

groove, spike cut is designed by steven himself and not based on any cuts afaik, they're pretty modern slim cut i might say... thanks for your support.

riff, i'll pass your compliment to faisal, he has been so busy lately and he promised me that he would take his indigo spike soon so i'm also looking forward to his post/fit and he would def put my fits to shame ya know lol.... thanks for your kind words tho' :)

devin, indeed steven is super cool guy and i'm sure you'll be pleased to work with him. i wished i could take part in your warp and weft project, good luck....

Hi and thank you all for the kind words. My name is Steven from Railcar. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about any of our goods or about sizing. We make everything in our own workshop in Arcadia, California. Its about 20 mins north/east of downtown Los Angeles. If you want to swing by and try a pair on please email us to set it up. [email protected]

Today we took a few pictures of my workshop assistant, Celisse, in her Viper X001 13.5oz non-stretch 100% cotton selvedge. They are 8 months old with about 7 months of actual wear on them, one soak.

Thanks again

viper8months-01.jpg

viper8months-02.jpg

viper8months-04.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

Steven is a great option for chainstitch hemming as well. $30 (which includes shipping back to you) is a nice price. And he will do whatever he can to match thread colors, etc.

Have you (or anyone else) had any hemming done by him? I'm thinking of stopping by for the while-you-wait service on my way back to San Diego.

flyingpanda/ararsenal,

yes, i've had steven do a couple hems. he did a great job and is super quick to respond via email. he seems very nice, and genuinely passionate about denim. i mailed mine in. his price is $30, which includes shipping back to you. i think it is $25 if you are able to pick them up at his workshop.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody and happy new year to all. thanks you all for the support with railcar and all the kind words.

I just wanted to start off with the first post of new year on a great note. ladies for our womens Viper 002 Japanese brown non-selvedge, we are finishing up a few more pieces of each size right now. We should be done with them next week. But feel free to order on our site.

For our mens we just added some new sizes. We now have our Spikes X001 13.5oz in longer 35.5 inch lengths in all waist sizes. Also we now have them in size 38.

Please let me know if you have questions on sizing or styles.

railcarclosing-1.jpg

railcarclosing-2-1.jpg

railcarclosing-3.jpg

We took a few pictures today here at our workshop. Here are a few pictures showing how we sew the selvedge seam on our Railcar jeans. (Jeans sewn in picture are mens Spikes X001)

Also see some of our videos here. http://www.railcarfi...ts.asp?Cat=1827

Thanks

Edited by Steven RFG

Hey I just wanted to throw this out there for all you guys in Europe. We are now stocked at Cultizm. They are now stocking our mens Spikes X001 13.5oz selvedge classic blue jeans, and Spikes X002 14.75oz heavier dark blue jeans. So give them a buzz. They are not on their website yet but should be shortly.

Just a little info about our naming of goods:

The "Spikes" is the name of our straight/slim mens fit

The number is just a number we gave the fabric we used

The "X" in front of the number just signify if the fabric is selvedge.

You can always email me at [email protected] for help with sizing.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Jp Capik, February 17, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Jp Capik, February 17, 2012 - No reason given

So this is my first post here, but i Just wanted to say that i tried on the 14.75 oz for the first time today. My past experience with raw is with store brands. These jeans are done so clean, which only makes the details shine even brighter. Steven was always answering my emails super promptly and really made it easy to order.

The fit is definitely slim, but with a straight leg. Being 185, I'm hoping for a little stretch in the thigh. Also the site says the 14.75 oz is fading faster, I can't wait to break these in.

Looking forward to seeing those fades JP. I think you should start showing in a few days of wear. Keep us updated on them if you can.

@ickychrmsbboy

We size our jeans true to Tag Size so the actual waistband and tag size is different. Our rise on the Spikes fit is medium low. So the actual waistband size is slightly bigger. As the human waist is shaped like a cone. The lower you get the bigger it gets. I wear a true tag size 30 in almost every "mainstream" jeans. Such as modern Levis, ect... and I wear a 30 in Railcar. Im pretty slim too. Im 5 foot almost 10 inches and only 130 pounds. And a Railcar 30 fits me pretty snug. Thanks for the question. Please let me know if you have any more. I wouldnt recommend sizing down on our fits too as they are pretty snug true to tag size. Unless you really want to work at it. True to size is snug enough to mold without downsizing.

problem is I can't size down on your jeans since 30 is the smallest..that's why I asked. You're about 15-20 pounds heavier than me so they jeans would be too loose. I like "mainstream" jeans to be a true 29, that way it's nice and snug.

I was/am looking to buy new denim and was looking at your products not to long ago but it's a shame I can not get them. Hopefully in the future you can accommodate us smaller guys!