Oldblue 21oz

almostnice

^ lookin good, Yax - when will they be available and, will dimensions be the same as Work Pants I? thanks

hi mate how are you. i think around the end of this month / early in next month. for the work pants type II, we'll use our signature 8.25" cut. i've perfected the cut to create more room in top block (especially the rise) area.

cheers!

Edited by yax

lance

sure thing! i'll reserve i'll reserve a pair for you

words from obbi good team about our collaboration

This is Old Blue Co., the good guys from Indonesia. Inspired by the vintage American Workwear concept, Old Blue Co. reproduce jeans in this aesthetic and frankly, they excel in it.

Widely loved and supported as homegrown jeans maker from Indonesia,

Old Blue Co. has teamed up with us on a collaboration project.

Obbi Good Label x Old Blue Co.

promoshot3.jpg

Inlay design has always been Obbi Good Label's forte, especially denim materials. Hence, collaborating with a jeans company, this is an naturally choice.

Old Blue Co.'s design, and Obbi Good Label's craftsmanship,

this is one wallet that will last for a long time.

promoshot6.jpg

Touching a little on the denim inlay, this beautiful 21 ounces true indigo denim is from Okayama, Japan. It is an unsanforized denim.

The denim texture is quite hairy, but still within the reasonable amounts.

The rigidness and the stiffness of these denim surely doesn't need to be questioned.

Leather used is Obbi Good Label's London Tan vegetable-tanned leathers.

Orangey in colour matching dark blue of raw indigo perfectly. Our London Tan has been a popular selection of leather due to its durable characteristics and aging look.

promoshot4.jpg

And here comes the fantastic part...

Obbi Good Label x Old Blue Co. wallet is build unbeatable details.

A Talon zipper

A selvage zipper edge

A collab logo

Limited in production, only 20 made at the moment with serial number stamped.

I do not know if there will be a reproduction, as this production requires a large amount of effort between Old Blue Co and Obbi Good Label in terms of materials shipping to and fro.

So do not miss out on this incredible wallet.

yes it's very frustrating to keep seeing the heavy ones posted and talked about but the supposed re-release keeps getting pushed back. If I remember correctly, I've been waiting for these since June! But then at some point it was supposed to be Sept. Well Sept has come and gone and new items have appeared on the site but not the heavy weight model. I love what you're doing yax restocking and expanding your inventory, but I'm holding out for the heavy weights. Already have too many pairs of denim so I'm not going to pull the trigger on just anything. Fingers crossed...

yes, i know the postponement is really suck, moreover for me. i'm not looking for excuses, but the thing for this heavy weight is, they're always put on the last line of production list. mostly because they need a very different kind of treatment. from the machinery re-setting, to the effort needed (it takes 3-4 peoples at once just to do the inseam part for this sick fabric). not to mention the holiday break couple months ago (muslim's holiday in here takes around 1 month off work), and other things that come and go.

all in all, they will be back on stock at the end of this month. i can say this for quite sure, because they're already on the sewing dept. anybody who want to reserve the pair first (like we did for the last batch of heavy weight) can always hit me up through [email protected]

and as always this batch of heavy weight is very limited in numbers. in total only around 39 pairs produced this time (before the mandatory reduction for our stockist). but that number of quantity was already doubled than the previous batches of heavy weight edition. we always try harder and harder to expand our stock. and this the best that we can do for now.

cheers and regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WORK PANTS TYPE II - NATURAL INDIGO X NATURAL INDIGO

Work_Pants_Type_II_-_Full_Front.jpg

Work_Pants_Type_II_-_Full_Back.jpg

~~

• 13.5 oz selvedge from India

• Natural indigo dyed yarns, both warp and weft

• Organic Cotton

• Raw sanforized

• 100% selvedge, 100% cotton

• Red - white line selvedge

• Brown canvas pocket lining

• Slim straight cut, regular rise

• US vintage Talon zipper

• 100% natural buttons

• Buttons made from water buffalo horns, made in Japan

• Cinch back

• Flap in the left front pocket and right back pocket

• Felled belt loop

http://oldblueco.net...t=detail&id=134

--

and also merry christmas and happy holiday!

Edited by yax

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^hey thanks mate!

btw some new fabric line ups

~~

the italian selvedge

oldblueitalianselvedge.jpg

oldblueitalianselvedge2.jpg

the khaki selvedge

oldbluekhakiselvedge.jpg

oldbluekhakiselvedge2.jpg

the brown duck selvedge

oldblueduckselvedge.jpg

oldblueduckselvedge2.jpg

~~

and one of the things that we're currently working on (sorry for the crappy pic though).

oldbluebrownduckjacketsample.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

our newest leather patch. made using american bison hide, 3-4 oz in thickness. showing a very distinctive pebbled grain. with superior texture and buttery soft feel. will be used for the special 3rd anniversary jeans.

oldbluenewpatch1.jpg

oldbluenewpatch2.jpg

oldbluenewpatch3.jpg

Edited by yax

hi lance. thanks, honestly that's my personal favorite kind of leather, the texture and the hand feel are really something different. been meaning to use it for quite awhile.

and about the anniv jeans, basically i just want to do something different for our 3rd anniversary, as we never did such thing before haha. we will use the italian selvedge denim (as i posted above), combined with our old arcuate design and also the new leather patch. will be available in both our signature cut, the 8.25 and the 7.5 cut. really exciting project!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...