Oldblue 21oz

almostnice

Work Pants Type I - Black Selvedge Duck

--

This pair is mostly inspired by the first pants by Levis, issued in 1873. Our Work Pants Type I has the essential 1873 features, such as single back pocket, no yoke construction, middle placed patch, suspender buttons, sew-on buttons, and cinch back details. The no yoke construction is based on the newer version of LVC 1873 Duck Pants (issued around 2010). It differs from the previous season which still has a yoke construction. It's rumored that Levis found another early model of the pants.

The different details in our Work Pants Type I can be found in the front pocket and coin pocket construction. And also in the patch material. For the cut we introduce a new regular fit. It is looser and has a higher rise compared to our signature 8.25†Cut.

For the fabric we use a 10.25 ounces, selvedge, black cotton duck, from Cone Mills, White Oak, North Carolina Plants. Cotton Duck derived from the Dutch word Doek which means cloth. Cotton Duck is a heavy, plain weave cotton fabric. It is made from Pima Cotton. Pima Cotton is an extra-long staple and hand harvesting type of cotton. Grown primarily in Peru, the southwestern United States and Australia, it is considered to be one of the superior blends of cotton and extremely durable and absorbent.

This black cotton duck fabric has a unique white dotted selvedge line and also a rugged texture. There is a quite wide gap between the selvedge line and the fabric edge, a typical duck characteristic, developed by Cone for Levis. Recent research suggests the fabric was designed that way in the 1800s, to mark the margins where sailmakers should join the pieces of cloth together (Quoted from Paul Trynka).

For the hardware, we use Japan made 100% copper washer - burr rivets. And a "five stars and laurel leaf" sew on button, also made in Japan. The laurel leaf is a symbol of peace, widely used to symbolize the triumph of the human spirit. Levi's used such emblem as their waistband button during the world war II. The custom made cinch back hardware is proudly made in Indonesia, made from brass material with antique copper finish.

--

the fit

DuckPants-FrontFit.jpgDuckPants-SideFit.jpgDuckPants-RearFit.jpg

--

the details

DuckPants-CinchBack.jpgDuckPants-Fabric.jpgDuckPants-SewOnButtons.jpg

i like everything about those except the crotch rivet.

with that said, when will you have measurements of each size? not sure whether i should get a 30 or 32.

hi thanks for the kind words. actually the crotch rivet is also one of the features in the levis 1873. for the size chart,

please refer to this

size%20chart%20duck.png

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

addic

hey, hugo. how are you doing?

about the od, sure we have a plan to make another od edition. but we're still deciding whether to do hand-overdyed using indonesian natural indigo again (like the previous edition, but really took a lot of time and effort) or just using a kind of mills-prepared overdyed-denim.

we'll see ;)

Edited by yax

yax - indonesian natural hand-overdyed indigo is what gave those jeans cool! the trip, the place, the people who helped, your effort and posting the journey. i prolly don't get a vote :) but if i did....

Edited by lance

addic

hey, hugo. how are you doing?

about the od, sure we have a plan to make another od edition. but we're still deciding whether to do hand-overdyed using indonesian natural indigo again (like the previous edition, but really took a lot of time and effort) or just using a kind of mills-prepared overdyed-denim.

we'll see ;)

i'm well. thanks for asking. still owe you guys a fit pic of the work pants. i gotta make sure to post it up here soon.

and the hand-overdyed technique came out really nice (just saying... B)) thanks for the response.

addic

lance

thank you so much for the opinion guys! it's really what i need to hear. maybe we'll just do another hand overdyed article, with different fabric, just to get a quite different result. surely will keep this updated

cheers!

cain

the jeans are just finished in the sewing department. so they only need one more step, that is the finishing step (attaching visible rivets, buttons, quality control, etc). perhaps they will be back on stock within this week. cheers!