A.P.C.

jeepster

I picked up a used pair of petit standards recently and they were quite a bit larger than expected. I have tried a pair on in the store and was unable to button any of the buttons on the 26, so I found a 27 used. They are quite a bit larger than I expected. I know apc denim stretches. I also heard that the sizing was recently changed, so I may have tried on a pair with new sizing and purchased a pair with old sizing. When did apc change the sizing? The 27s I have measure 15" across the waist band. Is this a normal measurement for this size?

yes.

So initially they were 27+2 = 29 inches

Now they have stretched 1 inch 29+1= 30 inches

Thanks man no easy way to do a fit pic right now but here's a quick shot of front/back

null-1.jpg

null-2.jpg

fwiw i probably went a bit longer than 6 months without washing originally with these, but they've been washed countless times since then. not very often or anything, just whenever they get dirty enough. purchased in 2007 i think

Edited by jayrock

So... the AC in my house has been broke for like 2 weeks now and my house has a lot of humidity in the air. I noticed that my denim hanging in my closet is getting a little softer due to the heat i guess? This wont interfere with any of my fading right? meaning being that the jeans are a little softer it may slow down the process of fading?? 

to prevent people asking more dumb questions, im gonna go ahead and say they're trolling you. Just dont worry so much about jeans unless it involves washing them with hot water or drying them in a dryer or washing them in a washing machine or bleaching them.

to prevent people asking more dumb questions, im gonna go ahead and say they're trolling you. Just dont worry so much about jeans unless it involves washing them with hot water or drying them in a dryer or washing them in a washing machine or bleaching them.

Yeah because I know people just don't throw their denim out if they get a little softer or experience a warm temp at times. Thanks for this!

New Standard

29 (downsize 3)

DSC08605_zpsb2df61e2.jpg

DSC08603_zps7c8e5f3d.jpg

DSC08602_zps1faaa03d.jpg

nice! i like.

i grabbed some of the grey stretch petit standards last week during the sale, got em today.. i guess im an idiot but I didn't expect them to be so light/thin. Even the pockets and stuff are outlined when your thighs push on them a bit, not to mention if you have a phone/keys/wallet in them lol

• 2 weeks later...

i'm 65kg/180cm, do you reckon a 27 in new cure would be too slim for me? normally wear 29/30(non-raw denim)

I'm a little bit taller and around 60 kg and my 27 new cures are pretty tight even after a couple months of wear. NC is sort of an odd cut though, wish I had gone PS.

edit: depends on whether you're buying new or old sizing though.

Edited by thirdmeasurement

I'm a little bit taller and around 60 kg and my 27 new cures are pretty tight even after a couple months of wear. NC is sort of an odd cut though, wish I had gone PS.

edit: depends on whether you're buying new or old sizing though.

care to post or PM me a pic? would be of great help. are yours new or old sizing and also does the new sizing mean size down less? i'm a real denim noob, i know

Edited by caraja

• 2 weeks later...

DSCN3685.jpg

DSCN3688.jpg

APC NS 29(sized down 1), wish I could've gotten a 28 but none were available in stock. These are my first pair of raw denim that are more legitimate than what I've owned in the past (Levis, Unbranded, GAP). So I'm really anxious to see how they'll turn out!

^ IMO I would definitely return them and wait for a 28. It isn't a horrid fit, but a size down would really help. Hell if you got a 27 you would be able to stretch them out to your size (they just would be uncomfortable at first). 

^ IMO I would definitely return them and wait for a 28. It isn't a horrid fit, but a size down would really help. Hell if you got a 27 you would be able to stretch them out to your size (they just would be uncomfortable at first). 

No stores locally carry a size 28 in the NS. I already have a pair of raw denim that I'm breaking in as my slim fit, and expected this to be as my straight fit pair. I'm open for trial and error anyways, that's how I get to learn hands on.

EDIT:

Went ahead and just got PS 29, pics later.

Edited by vinchenzo

They both look good.

I still don't see how some of you guys are getting yours to stretch so much. Do you guys try and force them to stretch? I don't do anything crazy but my PS has really only stretched in the waist but only by a half inch or so. I've got maybe 3 months of wear into them

They both look good.

I still don't see how some of you guys are getting yours to stretch so much. Do you guys try and force them to stretch? I don't do anything crazy but my PS has really only stretched in the waist but only by a half inch or so. I've got maybe 3 months of wear into them

All that progress is based on each wearer. I work at a skate shop and I'm constantly bending down and lifting heavy boxes in the stock room and then on top of that I skateboard. These jeans were pretty tight on the waist but by the end of the day I felt more comfortable.

EDIT

Does anyone know why I have that straight line crease on the back of the right leg (It's worse than this picture)? The cuffs keep twisting the right leg and I don't want to end up with a weird fade cause of it.

Edited by vinchenzo