A.P.C.

jeepster

Skin tight on the thighs, waist, and calves. I think my "true waist" size on an optimal pair of jeans would be 32, so I sized down 4 from tag size in that case. As far as sizing down from actual size, I have no idea.

Hi, I'm looking for a APC for my bro, he's interested in the PS. He wears a w32, fits below his waist. Will a w30 be good, consider APC generally stretches like crazy.

@ndat, hey can you do some measurements on the waist area that jeans fits you optimally like you mentioned above? Many thanks in advance!

can you tell me, or measure the inseam?

Edit measured the waist instead of the inseam. Will have to get the inseam measurement later, when I can get my hands on a damn tape measurer.

Awesome, I just picked up a pair to beat on, and I want to end up with the fit you've got. Mine are about skin tight right now, so that's good to hear.

yeah don't worry dude these things stretch like crazy. I was pretty worried about mine for the first couple months but by now I feel like they're evening out to a fit that I like.

Edited by ndat

Rescues. Long since retired. A couple years of pretty regular wear and a lot of washes. My first pair of selvedge.

Nice denim evolution on them!

can you tell me, or measure the inseam?

Shtpic - I believe the smaller waist sizes are suppose to be 34 inseam. My PS size 27 are 33.5, no soaks or alterations.

smaller sizes are 33.5 not 34 i think up to tag size 30

Yes, without the chance to measure it yet (my girlfriend's roommate has a measuring tape; I don't own one) I am strongly suspecting a 33.5" inseam. The inseam on APC changes once you hit size 30 to one of the higher lengths, but it seems quite standardized within the size 27-28 range. I'm surprised by how much stacking I get on these, however, so if I get the chance to measure them I'll certainly note it for you.

Has anyone had experience with APC Cures (ie. old cures)? (not to be confused with new cures)

Seems like they only sell em at the apc online store

http://www.apc.fr/wwuk/men/jeans/cure-jeans_pFV758371/colour-indigo_dBA00003082-BV00256404.html

Anyone know how they differ from the other fits?

I have APC NS in size 25

PS in 26

NC in 26

Reckon I should jsut stick with a size 26 if I were to get the cures?

I terms of sizing with my current jeans I think I couldve sized down to a 25 with the NC but PS in a 25 are too tight and with NS i can fit either a 25 or 24

wow how much did you wear those petits? Thats interesting calf-fading!

Had them for a little over 3 years, but wore them in rotation. I'm sure the the calf fades are from me always crossing my legs :)

It's been a while since my jaw dropped from a pair of APCs. Damn, those are really nice. Shame you're not going to wear them anymore.

Thanks! The pictures are a little dark, but it was taken right before the third cold soak. Definitely not retiring them yet , I've had minor repairs done over time to make sure they will last a while longer. I'll try to get better pics up close and the fit soon.

Edited by turbo95eg6

Hi, I'm looking for a APC for my bro, he's interested in the PS. He wears a w32, fits snugly below his waist. Will a w29 be good, consider APC generally stretches like crazy.

@ndat, hey can you do some measurements on the waist area that jeans fits you optimally like you mentioned above? Many thanks in advance!

Up for this, any help?

Up for this, any help?

Sizing on any raw denim, not limited to APC, depends heavily on your body structure. Find his best fitting pair of jeans then measure according to Blue In Green's guide. Look up the measurements for APC cuts on Context then decide if PS is really what he's after. As far as I know, APC has removed vanity sizing - a 28 has a 28 waist. I suggest sizing down 1 at the most on PS unless your brother is very, very skinny. My New Cures stretched about 2 inches in the waist from 14.5 to 15.5. Hope that helps.

Hi, I'm looking for a APC for my bro, he's interested in the PS. He wears a w32, fits below his waist. Will a w30 be good, consider APC generally stretches like crazy.

Optimal fit measures at 32. I measured a pair of Unbranded that fit perfectly at that size (I think they were tagged 31). I also had a pair of APC NSs that came out to 33, tagged size 29. So they were one size too big in the end.

Up for this, any help?

Replied above. Sorry for the delay. I suggest a 29 in ps though honestly unless he wants to deal with the absurdly small leg openings and calves on a 28. A 29 shouldn't end up too badly and would be much easier to work with.

Edited by ndat

Anyone know if the non-raw PS in black (the darker, less charcoal-y black), are still vanity sized? I found some sales from last summer where it was the standard two inches less than tagged but I think that was before APC changed the sizing. Here's the link, btw. It's the black w/ the red selvedge. http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,1672.html?nav=denim

Wearing sz 33 in 510's, I decided to get PS in size 31.

They came today and guess what, I can even get them on without un-buttoning because real waist is almost 33..is this normal?

Now I cannot decide between sz 30 or 29 for exchange, can you help me?

31 PS compared to 1 year old sz 33 levis 510

2013-02-13%2014.47.51.jpg