A.P.C.

jeepster

I don't know which I want more NC or PS. I'm also having trouble deciding on which size I should get either in. Can you guys help me?

I measured a pair of PBJ xx-010 that I had tapered:

IMG_7831-1_zps988b6d53.jpg

Waist measures at about 16.25in across.

IMG_7833-1_zps40c5dcdc.jpg

Upper thigh is about 11in across.

IMG_7834-1_zpsd191b886.jpg

The knee is about 7.5in across.

How it looks on me:

IMG_7839-1_zpscad4d84e.jpg

IMG_7837-1_zps90c311a2.jpg

IMG_7840-1_zps7731715c.jpg

Which style is closest to my xx-010?

Yeah I know it's really annoying :/ I can only presume that it's because I don't have any others in rotation so the Imps were being worn every day until they had an almost crotch hole (which I need to get sorted although they're at my parents place) so then I got the APCs but I've been wearing them consistently for the past 2months+ so now they need repairing.

woa dere boi. do you do anything really unique in your jeans?

@unicorn it depends. What people don't tell you is that your waist might fluctuate over the time it takes to stretch the jeans. If you have access to a store then go try on ps and nc in 29 or 30.from what i know (i researched alot on ps vs nc and i have both) they should stretch the same. E.g. I have sz27 ps and sz28 nc and both fit the same because my waist was a a little slimmer when I wore the ps but now my waist is a bit bigger say less than an inch. Plus you will definitely want to sag on your hips the ps more than the nc because the ps rise is smaller.

@unicorn

No.

if the pair are vanity sized, they will be as follows

tag says 29 = 31 inch waist

tag says 30 = 32 inch waist

Then when you wear it, account for AT LEAST 1 inch.

so if you buy a size 29, expect (after the 1 inch stretch) that the pair of jeans will have a 32 inch waist. obviously the more it stretches, the larger the waist.

The average stretching is (as far as I know) if you are a relatively lean guy, then 1.5-2 inches.

Measure you waist (or wherever you want to wear you jeans) and then calculate.

For example if your waist is 32 inches,

you will buy a size 29, then stretch it out 1 inch and the jeans will be at 32 inches. You can size down more if you are really really rail thin

Edited by xcrunchx

APC Rescue, Purchased 10/01/12. 118 days of wear. 0 washes.

I'm to the point where dryer sheets live in my front pockets and I hang these outside for a few hours each day in direct sunlight because they are really starting to smell.

20130126144214.jpg

20130126145803.jpg

20130126144236.jpg

20130126144201.jpg

Edited by portlanderp

^^ i don't know what they're doing when they say that apc denim is sanforized.. maybe i'm the only one but my ns were pretty NOT sanforized

You are definitely the minority there then. APCs are for sure sanforzied unless you had the one in a million pair that SOMEHOW managed to slip through the cracks and went out unsanforized

PS: That doesn't happen

okay since nobody can tell me where i can get raw petit new standards could anybody tell me if there is any way that i can get a pair of the original cure in canada?

Canada is a big place. I'm sure you've already used Google to find Dutil and Nomad, right?