A.P.C.

jeepster

How tight should APC NS fit new? I got a 29 and I can button everything but it is tight. Not sure if I sized down enough but it fits similarly to my NF when it was new which turned out fine. I have a 32.5" waist.

So? How tight should they fit new?

I can't stand all the sizing questions when all someone needs to do is read at least 3 pages back and they'll find their answer.

I think if people actually posted measurements with their fits it could make things a lot easier. I only know one site that has measurements and apparently you can't trust them. But by their measurements I would need to size down 4 on NS. and I agree with CXBXW that some people may not want the crazy taper and would rathe have a skinny/slim straight.

CXBX...mind posting measurements on your NS?

FYI Ive been checking APC sizing for the last 1.5 years. Ive finally decided to pay for these jeans. If I didnt read, I wouldnt have sized down 2; I would have bought my true waist size.

Sizing down 2 is not a good enough answer/rule obviously... so dont assume i havent bothered checking just because i want to make sure i get the right size after my purchase

Edited by notahypebeast

who said I was directing that at you?

Sizing down 2 is a good rule since they are vanity sized and yes that would be going tts technically. But lets just say you can count on Context's measurements, all you would have to do is compare their sizes to good fitting pair of jeans you own and ask for someones measurements or research it to get an idea what size to get.

I could understand if there was no general measurements but there are so you can go off of that to decide on correct size.

No one can tell you if you got the right size. It's going to depend on how you like the fit and if you're comfortable in them. You can assume they'll stretch at least 2 inches from all the post posted in any APC forum. They say you SHOULDN'T be able to button them all the way up but then again some people may not care since the rest fits well. If I were you and you like the fit, wear a belt to prevent to much strethcing.

Why are the size charts on context completely wrong now? Where is the correct one....PS obviously isn't tts in the waist and NS isn't vanity sized by only 1 unless something has seriously changed. I'm trying to get my friend a pair

Edited by spike27z

Question: I've loved the crap out of my petite standards and now the crotch it nearly completely blown out and the knees are shredded. Anyone know a good tailor in ny that can fix up the crotch well?

Also, it's time for a new pair. I wear a size 25 petite standards and they fit great, but they're my 3rd pair and I want to branch out. Anyone have any suggestions on comparable brands? I'm a girl so it's hard to kind selvage that actually fits. Thanks

you could try naked and famous girl's line. TateandYoko has a few listed on their site. Not sure where else you can find them.

maybe the sexi14 from imperial. theyre some of the only skinny "top -denim"

btw for everyone its petit standard :D

mehh, not to be annoying but those sexi14s are spensive and, correct me if I'm wrong, but the naked and famous aren't selvage? ugh, you boys got it easy.

petit standard sz 28 tight at waist, size down one more? i like the fit.

j5v9lf.jpg

i like that fit! gonna buy petit standard one.

just tryed "new standart" but it's too loose fit for me. hope that petit will fit me much better!

mehh, not to be annoying but those sexi14s are spensive and, correct me if I'm wrong, but the naked and famous aren't selvage? ugh, you boys got it easy.

Most naked and famous are selvage.

But the girls line for N&F hardly fades, so i suggest you to pick up a skinny guy fit and you size down like 2-3

depending on your size and weight even the weird guy can look good. My friend tried on my pair of deep indigos and they looked better on her than me. I'm too skinny at 5'6 120 pounds or less. She's several inches taller and probably 30 pounds heavier?? She's got a butt to fill the pants up which I don't. size 29 wg.