A.P.C.

jeepster

Hey guys!

I usually were non-raw denim and would be willing to buy my first pair of raw from APC. As I have muscly thighs and legs in general ( 1m74 / 78kg ) what jeans would you advise me to buy : NS / PS / NC ? I know I'd have to downsize 2 sizes but dunno which jeans to pick.

The last jeans I bought were Levis 511 32/32 which I like but would like them to have a tighter leg opening.

Cheers !

Here's a photo so you can see how I'm "shaped" :

Screen%20Shot%202012-01-25%20at%209.49.41%20PM.png

Edited by M4xime

Hi guys, i read the FAQ but i don't see the indication for petit standard.. i think that is the skinniest model (than nc and ns) of apc, i usually wear a 29 for MIJ Dior homme indigo 19 cm and 28 in April 77 jeans.. i serch for a good "skinny" raw jeans.. wich size should I get for a good skinny fit? as i understand it usually goes from 1 to 5 size down.. thank you

ive been wearing my size 27 new standards for like 3 months. my true waist is around a 31 where i wear my jeans. i sit in class all day at school and they really start to leave red marks and hurt after a little. i have noticed in the last month it has taken longer for them to start to bother me but its still really irritating. anyone know how long before this goes away?

Edited by superbuick3

I would dampen the waistband with some water (or put wet washcloths in the waistband of each hip) and then wear them around the house. This should help them stretch a little quicker, you can try it a couple of times. I had the same problem.... but I came to the conclusion that I sized down too much/ wasn't down to abuse my hips in order to get a tight fit.

Thanks. PS are too skinny for me nowadays. They still crush my balls after a year of wear. These are much more comfortable, and I think they look better as well.

I do own a pair though.

PS sz 25, true waist 28

psfrontn.jpg

psback.jpg

Not recommended unless you've got balls of steel.

Edited by RawrImABear

ive been wearing my size 27 new standards for like 3 months. my true waist is around a 31 where i wear my jeans. i sit in class all day at school and they really start to leave red marks and hurt after a little. i have noticed in the last month it has taken longer for them to start to bother me but its still really irritating. anyone know how long before this goes away?

what in the fuck. how are you guys sizing down 4 and shit? size down 1 or 2. that's not natural and it's overexaggerated how much these jeans will stretch. if you are scared they will be too baggy then buy a more tapered model and size appropriately.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by notahypebeast, February 11, 2012 - please
Hidden by notahypebeast, February 11, 2012 - please

How tight should APC NS fit new? I got a 29 and I can button everything but it is tight. Not sure if I sized down enough but it fits similarly to my NF when it was new which turned out fine. I have a 32.5" waist.

Edited by notahypebeast

Why is it that every APC thread on every forum consists of lots of sizing questions with the occasional fit/fade pic...

Can't sufu just come up with an "official" way to refer to vanity sizing/sizing down.

So many pages of APC threads are one of two things:

People that size down from their true waste size telling people that size down from their tagged size that they "can't possibly be getting that much stretch"

And people who size down from their tagged size telling people that size down from their true waste that they need to size down more.

I know I'm just repeating what everybody already knows, it just seems like this problem could be solved pretty easily.

First of all, these look great. Secondly, what jacket is that?

Hi Jake! The jacket is from All Saints, 2011 season. A bit like the one that can be found here:(http://www.allsaints.com/men/outerwe...vanity-jacket/)

3wV3X.jpg

but with horizontal, instead of criss-cross stitching, and without the goofy collar.. It looks/fits great, but, as with all AllSaints clothing, there are a few drawbacks, most notably, the inside sucks a ton of lint off whatever top you're wearing, and the buttons un-pop way, way too easily. It's also way too expensive for what it is (I picked up mine for £50 in the sale, and wouldn't have paid any more than that). But I'd recommend it in terms of style. Nice, light jacket for Fall/Summer. I'm 5'9/127 and wear an XS. the colour is 'ink', and is a dark navy - goes with almost anything. Works surprisingly well over a shirt and tie, too.

Hope this helps!

People that size down from their true waste size telling people that size down from their tagged size that they "can't possibly be getting that much stretch"

And people who size down from their tagged size telling people that size down from their true waste that they need to size down more.

I sized down five with my NS. I'm a true 31' waist, and picked up a 26. They were TIGHT for 3 weeks, but after that, they've been the best pair of jeans I've ever owned, and will continue to be for 3,4 years. Good trade, I'd say?

The problem arises when people say 'yeah, but if you want a tight fit, just get a PS'. This is fair, but if you're like me, and don't like the more tapered legs, watcha gonna do? Pick up some NS of course. And talking as somebody who sized down five, they DO stretch, and NEVER STOP STRETCHING.

I'm not saying this is the way everybody should go, but if you fit into the category of the text I've bolded above, pick up some NS, sized five down.

DxEVv.jpgeW64L.jpg

Edited by cxbxw

I can't stand all the sizing questions when all someone needs to do is read at least 3 pages back and they'll find their answer.

I think if people actually posted measurements with their fits it could make things a lot easier. I only know one site that has measurements and apparently you can't trust them. But by their measurements I would need to size down 4 on NS. and I agree with CXBXW that some people may not want the crazy taper and would rathe have a skinny/slim straight.

CXBX...mind posting measurements on your NS?