A.P.C.

jeepster

So, guys, I just got my first pair of raw APCs after wearing a couple pairs of 501 STFs for almost a year.

I went out riding my dirt bikes and dune buggy in very muddy terrain in my brand new APCs and caked them completely in mud. Like, seriously, they're so muddy there's not a spot that doesn't have some dirt on them.

They're brand new from the shop. Now the question is: to wash, or not to wash?

I'll post pictures if requested. Otherwise, I'd love some tips on muddy high-end raw denim and exactly what it will do to the jeans.

well there really is no other alternative, other than to wash, unless you want to wear your jeans covered in dirt.

you will lose some of the indigo dye from your wash and some of the starch that the jeans have. I believe that is why they recommend washing your jeans with woolite dark when washing apc jeans, so you minimize the indigo dye loss. There will also be some shrinkage by the denim fabric, do a cold wash to minimize that.

jR3u5.jpg

D0BK9.jpg

I'm willing to wear them like this, provided it will fade within 1-2 months (of extreme wear--I ride motorcycles in my jeans, I jog and work out in them, etc.). On the other hand, I'm also willing to wash them now, provided it won't ruin their fading potential.

Other opinions are welcome.

Well, a lot of what I hear (I've been researching mud on raw jeans for the past couple hours) is that the mud will just flake off after a few dozen wears. I'm thinking that the dirt will accelerate the fading process, and overall just fall off the jeans once I give them some time.

Granted, maybe you're right. I never washed my Levi's (and they turned out fine), but it is a *lot* of mud.

Ok I gave them a cold soak and got the bulk of the mud out. A lot of dye bled out and covered the tub but, hell, my jeans are wearable now.

Is it worth removing some of the leftover brown undertones (and how?), or are they good to fade out naturally?

brown undertones are fine. In fact if they become persistent stains it could give your fades a hint of brown.

Do not worry about the indigo loss. Jeans would bleed out quite a lot in the initial soak with no effect on the wear. You will reach a point where no bleed is apparent in the wash in time to come.

TBH all you needed to do is soak them in hot water with some detergeant (not too much) and almost all of the dirt would be gone,

but you will lose a bit of indigo but not that much, since indigo loss comes from friction more than anything

Before:

apcdenimjacket.jpg

apctshirt.jpg

apctshirtfront.jpg

After:

apc2washfront.jpg

apc2washback.jpg

apc2washpocket.jpg

Probably a year, but I'm not sure. I bought them two summers ago. I've washed them twice in the washing machine with Woolite Dark and once drove around a golf cart in the rain for three hours in them. I hit "Adjust Contrast" in Photoshop.

EDIT: Oh, and I had them hemmed. Looking at the old pictures, I'm pretty pleased with the knee bulge reduction

Edited by fightingsleep

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eggzor, November 28, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by eggzor, November 28, 2011 - No reason given

APC New Standards; 1.5 years old, probably 4 or 5 soaks and 2 washes.

apcback171111.jpg

apcfront171111.jpg

Not the best lighting, but you get the idea.

Edited by eggzor

Looking for some help. I've had a pair of both New Standards and New Cures. The New Standards (sized down 3) served me well until I wanted something slimmer so I went with the New Cures. I initially hated how tight my new cures were, I sized down 2. However, after wearing them in, I definitely love the fit, except I hate the slight flare. It makes the bottom look horrible. I'm looking for a good skinny to slim fit, with a more straight up and down look. If I'm not mistaken I should be looking at the Petit Standards? And how should I size them to get the skinny/slim look? 2 or 3?

hi, i hope this would be any help, since the measurements in context is not accurate

i measured my 30 new cure BIG Style

http://blueingreenso...ntent&task=view

apc new cure H

tag size: 30

waist: 31.5" - 32" (at first i measure my pants unworn they were 31.5 ish, but when i wear them they sit exactly on my 32" hip, i think i measured it wrong because of the stiffness)

thigh: 11"

knee: 7.25"

leg opening:7.25"

can anybody do the same and measure your petit standard tag size 30 or 29 pls for my reference

that would be appreciated so much, thx a lot...

Edited by MrFahrenheit

Do all APC PS come with visible selvedge? I know the NC don't have visible selvedge, but i've come across a pair of black APC PS that don't have a selvedge line. Does this mean they're fake/counterfeit?

Its my understanding that the "raw black" petit standard on the webstore doesnt have a selvedge, not completely sure. But the Indigo and the Black one (the one that costs more) do. If anyone has raw blacks and can clarify...do it!

(please check me on this, was looking in to apc awhile ago but i cant remember)

Edited by ClosetDenimFan

Do all APC PS come with visible selvedge? I know the NC don't have visible selvedge, but i've come across a pair of black APC PS that don't have a selvedge line. Does this mean they're fake/counterfeit?

faux noir denim is red line selvage

the normal black raw is non selvage