A.P.C.

jeepster

I wore them for 2+ months hoping they'd stretch and in that time they faded a bit so context wouldn't accept them back.

Supermarket brah. Plenty of fish out there thatll bite on them for cheap price.

Shameless plug :)

I'm selling:

Petit Standard Sz 27 ($85 shipped)

Petit Standard Sz 28 ($105 shipped)

New Standard Sz 29 ($120 shipped)

The PS 28 and the NS have barely been worn. The PS 27 have a hint of wear but still plenty of life. None have been washed or soaked.

PM me if interested.

Had two pair of APC, new standards and cure both in 29. Now i had gained a bit of weight.

I measured all the other jeans i had and found that they are about 17" flat on ground.

So wonder what size should i go for APC New Cure? 32?

Please help me out, thank you very much in advance.

Had two pair of APC, new standards and cure both in 29. Now i had gained a bit of weight.

I measured all the other jeans i had and found that they are about 17" flat on ground.

So wonder what size should i go for APC New Cure? 32?

Please help me out, thank you very much in advance.

I`m sure that the new cures have less stretch that the other models so do research on this thread instead of asking because people could give you the wrong answer thinking that all APC stretch the same.

Posted · Hidden by apparition, November 12, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by apparition, November 12, 2011 - No reason given

Some fit pics. Hopefully they will answer questions about fit and comparison to other brands (Nudie Slim Jim and some dior). For reference, I think I'm a true 28 waist.

denimlayout.jpg

APC New Standard, 26

apcns.jpg

Of the 6 pairs I have, these are definitely the baggiest. They're loose overall in the top block and have the widest leg opening. Very comfortable. Not a fan of the baggy rear though. These are for sale btw-- come get them!

APC New Cure, 26

apcnc.jpg

Slimmer all the way down. Tighter in the top block, thighs, knees and has a narrower leg opening. The leg opening actually flares out very slightly from the knee.

APC Petite Standard, 26

...Got them but no pics yet.

Tried to size down to 25. failed. They seemed a lot like the 17.5cms though.

Dior 19cm, 27 **hemmed

dior19cm.jpg

Regrettably, I hemmed off 7" of inseam. The 19cms are quite tapered and since I hacked off 7", the leg opening here looks a bit baggy. Anyways, they're still my favourite pair. Very fitted top block. inseam could make for some pretty insane stacking.

Dior 17.5cm, 27

dior175cm.jpg

Tapered down PS-style. 17.5cms are a bit special since they don't have a raw variant. Regardless, a pretty incredible cut, if you can pull it out.

Nudie Slim Jim, 29

nudiesj.jpg

Similar to the NS. I find that these are slimmer in the leg opening and they don't have that "diaper" effect that the NS has. I'm saying this even after sizing up 1 on these. Denim seems lighter weight than the NS, however.

Some fit pics. Hopefully they will answer questions about fit and comparison to other brands (Nudie Slim Jim and some dior). For reference, I think I'm a true 28 waist.

denimlayout.jpg

APC New Standard, 26

apcns.jpg

Of the 6 pairs I have, these are definitely the baggiest. They're loose overall in the top block and have the widest leg opening. Very comfortable. Not a fan of the baggy rear though. These are for sale btw-- come get them!

APC New Cure, 26

apcnc.jpg

Slimmer all the way down. Tighter in the top block, thighs, knees and has a narrower leg opening. The leg opening actually flares out very slightly from the knee.

APC Petite Standard, 26

apcps.jpg

Tried to size down to 25. failed. They seem a lot like the 17.5cms though.

Dior 19cm, 27 **hemmed

dior19cm.jpg

Regrettably, I hemmed off 7" of inseam. The 19cms are quite tapered and since I hacked off 7", the leg opening here looks a bit baggy. Anyways, they're still my favourite pair. Very fitted top block. inseam could make for some pretty insane stacking.

Dior 17.5cm, 27

dior175cm.jpg

Tapered down PS-style. 17.5cms are a bit special since they don't have a raw variant. Regardless, a pretty incredible cut, if you can pull it out.

Nudie Slim Jim, 29

nudiesj.jpg

Similar to the NS. I find that these are slimmer in the leg opening and they don't have that "diaper" effect that the NS has. I'm saying this even after sizing up 1 on these. Denim seems lighter weight than the NS, however.

Edited by apparition

APC New Standard, 26

apcns.jpg

APC New Cure, 26

apcnc.jpg

@apparition thx a lot, thats really helpful,

i would like to ask about your experience with the waist in new cure and new standard in the same size, do they measured the same?

or is new cure smaller in the waist?

do you wear your ns without belt? did it fell off your ass over and over again?

thx

thats a really great fit btw

Edited by MrFahrenheit

I'm somewhat new to good denim and I've had my new pair of APC NS for about 3 or 4 weeks now. I love them except for one thing: the knee bunch. The front of the knee sticks out enough that it looks really weird. Anything I can do about this? If it matters, I got them hemmed immediately upon getting them (I don't care for the super stacked look but there's still enough length to cuff them). What can I do? Would a wash help loosen them up so it doesn't pop out like that?

pics for reference:

http://i.imgur.com/Vo8H3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zIN4s.jpg

also, I usually wear a 30 and these are 28.

Edited by ilyena

looks about right. washing might soften it up a bit and make it less dramatic but it's pretty much part of the package when you get apc.

i dont think it looks bad fwiw. just looks like you're wearing raw ass denim

Edited by cameron-

Thanks. It won't keep me from wearing them, I'd just rather it not happen. What other brands/fits could I go for that have pretty much the same fit but might not bulge as much (that cost around APC NS). I hear a lot about Cheap Monday, but aren't all their fits pretty skinny?

edit: also, if I am just trying to soften them up, how should I wash them this early in their life? would you guys recommend dry cleaning them? I don't wanna soak or do anything like that.

Edited by ilyena

Thanks. It won't keep me from wearing them, I'd just rather it not happen. What other brands/fits could I go for that have pretty much the same fit but might not bulge as much (that cost around APC NS). I hear a lot about Cheap Monday, but aren't all their fits pretty skinny?

edit: also, if I am just trying to soften them up, how should I wash them this early in their life? would you guys recommend dry cleaning them? I don't wanna soak or do anything like that.

Dont judge the jeans so quickly. They are full of starch because they are still raw. After the starch has been washed/soaked out later on then the knees will look normal.

Not too pleased with today's events. I just did my first soak on my PS the other night and really liked the results. Wasn't too crazy about how much tighter they got, since I noticed before the outside seam by my knees always looked like they had some stress on them.

Sure enough, one of the stitches on my right knee popped. I'm pretty unhappy about this, so does anyone know of any ways I can repair this? Or maybe the names of a few places I can ship these out to get them fixed?

Posted · Hidden by zoylxide, November 13, 2011 - multiquote accident
Hidden by zoylxide, November 13, 2011 - multiquote accident

wow, thanks for the fit comparison. I never knew apc ps was so tapered compared to the dior 19cm.

dunno whats the deal here...I have APC NC 25 and 19cm MIJ 26 and my 19cm are definitely slimmer ALL the way through the leg.