A.P.C.

jeepster

cxbxw, having owned NS's in 26, I find it hard to believe you're really a 32.5" waist. I'm a natural 28, and the 26's were snug on me. Sure they stretch, but by that much you'd have some serious pulling in the fly, which judging by your pictures, isn't really happening.

I mean, I guess it's possible, but since nearly every good fit in this entire thread sized down between 1-3, I don't think encouraging more than that is a very useful suggestion for most.

its an issue of measuring your waist is a kind of inaccurate way of deciding jean size (as counter intuitive as that is). If you you measure where your jeans actually sit, versus your "waist" you're gonna get very different results. This applies especially so with apcs, because I think they go based off the "waist" moreso than where most dudes wear their jeans. I, for example, have about a 29 inch waist (slimmest part of my torso), but am more like 33 inches where my jeans sit. I went with a size 30, and theyve stretched out to a pretty damn perfect fit. In that sense, I would say the proper technique is to measure where your jeans sit, and size down 1-3 depending on your body type and desired fit, since APCs are vanity sized 1-2 inches (depending on the cut), and they also stretch out 1-2 inches. Now can we never bring up sizing ever ever ever again in this thread?

I mean, I guess it's possible, but since nearly every good fit in this entire thread sized down between 1-3, I don't think encouraging more than that is a very useful suggestion for most.

This is precisely why I have made sure to state that if people are willing to put in the effort, they will end up with a fit similar to mine. I do not mean to suggest that this is the normal way of doing things. If I have come across that way, I appologise. Certainly, people should wily enough to make their own decisions Re their sizing preferences. Take mine, then, as an alternative?

cxbxw could we see a shot of the cross stitch/crotch bartack area?

Do you mean the side of the jeans?

ECwnh.jpg

i find it hard to believe someone actually sized down 6, obvious trolling is obvious.

Okay, okay, I rise to the bait.

Here is my pair of Size 26 APC New Standard's with a tape measure across the top. As you can see, they actually measure just over 16.5'', and so, 33 inches.

1Xjkh.jpg

o6ucr.jpg

Here, we see me actually wearing the jeans, and, measuring where they sit, voila! 33 (and a bit) inches. *** Apologies for excessive crotch shot***

u8Xf6.jpg

So, please, if you would like a 'skinny' pair of New Standard's, without the taper of the Petite Standard, don't be afraid to size down a lot. It's not common practice (and I never suggested it was) - I just mean .. it's doable.

After read a few pages back then.

I got few conclusions.

1. Weird measurement ( very various ).

2. The jeans stretch a lot.

3. Your jeans sit on your hips ( judging from the last pic ).

4. Assuming you got skinny lower body, so you can still fit in event though your waist have to suffer at first. ;)

I don't know, man. I sized down 3-4 and after a month of some serious work I said enough is enough. Maybe there was still some stretch left in them but, seriously, what's the point in killing yourself to get the look you can have immediately by buying one size down or going TTS?

I don't know, man. I sized down 3-4 and after a month of some serious work I said enough is enough. Maybe there was still some stretch left in them but, seriously, what's the point in killing yourself to get the look you can have immediately by buying one size down or going TTS?
A lot of people here will say 'well . . . if you want a slim jean, you should have just gone for the Petite Standard!'. This is a flawed school of thought, because the petite standard are a totally different cut; far more tapered. If you want a straighter leg, slim jean, and are willing to put the effort in over a few months, this is what they'll look like.

So did you size down 3 or 4? sounds like you don't even know which leads me to think your full of shit.

Funniest think about this thread is the last few posters getting upset, because cxbxw sized down 5 or whatever. The dude was not parading around encouraging users to size down as much as him. He clearly stated it was his personal decision and advised users to size down according to their own bodytype/comfort.

So did you size down 3 or 4? sounds like you don't even know which leads me to think your full of shit.

Funniest think about this thread is the last few posters getting upset, because cxbxw sized down 5 or whatever. The dude was not parading around encouraging users to size down as much as him. He clearly stated it was his personal decision and advised users to size down according to their own bodytype/comfort.

You're an idiot. No one is getting upset besides you.

Honestly, let your nuts breathe for once.

Look at this guy getting all emotional over the internet. With all the different cuts and kinds of denim available it's difficult to discern exactly what size I am. I do, however, know approximately what size my waist is, which is why I described it as such.

Get angry.

thanks cxbxw for sharing your experience with your APCs

we all have diferent bodies and clearly these jeans dont always fit the same on everyone.

i have to agree that if you want a slim straght fit, petit standards are not the way to go as they are tapered and not straight.

in my experience the new cures are great slim fit at first, as they are a very straight yet slim cut when you first buy them, but once the thighs begin to stretch, especially if youve sized down, eventually they stretch into a tapered fit.

in order to compensate for this to achieve a straight slim fit after stretching, i decided to buy a pair or new standards and size down a bit. that way when the thighs stretch out, the legs of the jeans from the knee down wont really be that tight, because of the nature of the new standard cut. i figured it would balance things out after stretching.

my true waist size is 30 and the smallest pair of new standards that i was able to fit into for my body was a pair of size 27s.

the 26s fit perfectly in the leg but i couldnt do up the buttons at all around the waist so i just went for the 27s.

so far i am pleased with the jeans (i have had them for about a month now) but i must admit that i wish they were a little slimmer. they fit like a straight cut but they are still a little loose as far as im concerned. i kind of wish i had gone with the 26s instead, but i dont think it would have worked out. too much strain on the fly buttons - it probably would have ended up looking too forced after stretching into a managable fit.

anyhow, thats my 2 cents on the subject.

as for all of you who seem like your actually getting heated about this, yall need to listen to some good music, take a load off and relax a little.

be happy!

would new standards or petites fit better as skinny? just wondering, probably gonna cop one in the near future. thanks!

I won a contest a local boutique was running and got a free pair of APCs, Ive always had rescues and new standards but wanted to go for something slimmer. I tried the petit standard at first but honestly the cut was weird. the top block in relation to the leg just didnt seem right, the new cures I feel are a true slim fit, so check those things out too. Im in love with mine