A.P.C.

jeepster

Does anybody know which model the 'tight black jean' on their webpage is similar to? NC or another? And will they fade?Thanks.

Are they denim? Everything fades.

From what I've seen, anything labelled "tight" on the website is pretty much comparable to NC, yes.

is there any fakes for APC new standard? if so, how do we check ?

thanks

Step 1: Look at legit New Standards.

Step 2: Compare.

Seriously, this new thread is only seven pages long and there's even a post about fakes. It's not like APC's are scarce on the ground or anything.

Just picked up a pair of size 26 NS, they are alittle to long to be stacked and before going and getting them hemmed I was wondering if I should hot soak them. The waist fits fine and if it shrunk an inch or so it wont be a problem. Let me know guys

apcns1yz8.th.jpg

apcns2uo2.th.jpg

APC denim is sanforized, so you can expect minimal shrinkage. They will stretch out about 2 sizes though. So hopefully you didn't get too large of a size.

Seems that most of you guys favor the NS and NCs. Is there anyone out there who has had some Rescues for a while? I traded in my pair of NS for Rescues because I prefer a wider leg opening. But I am afraid that the Rescues will have too much of a baggy look after I break them in.

I sized down 3 but I have put off wearing them until I can see some better pics of what they might look like. Thanks.

rescues1oj6.th.jpg

rescues2mm2.th.jpg

rescues3ge6.th.jpg

^^pictures of my rescues. Those were taken at about 3 months, sorry for the crappy pics, but it gives you an idea of how they fit. They are sized down 2-3, they are size 28, and I usually wear a size 30 (levis). My true waist is 31. I have a pair of NS now that I think fit much much better. The rescues fit a little bigger than my Levis 514s, while the NS smaller than 514s, but still bigger than 511s. Hope this helps.

rescues1oj6.th.jpg

rescues2mm2.th.jpg

rescues3ge6.th.jpg

^^pictures of my rescues. Those were taken at about 3 months, sorry for the crappy pics, but it gives you an idea of how they fit. They are sized down 2-3, they are size 28, and I usually wear a size 30 (levis). My true waist is 31. I have a pair of NS now that I think fit much much better. The rescues fit a little bigger than my Levis 514s, while the NS smaller than 514s, but still bigger than 511s. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the pics. Those still look reasonably slim for 3 months. That is how I would like to wear them. I am not into the low baggy look but I usually prefer more slimness in the lower thigh area and the Rescues definitely are roomier above the knee. I usually wear 33 in Levis but my Rescues are 28s. Definitely the tightest fit I own. Still undecided.

Does anyone know of a style that is slim like the NS but has a larger leg opening but is not as relaxed as the Rescues. Obviously not APC I mean. Thanks.

I think in this case he mentioned levis only to give some frame of reference for the size he usually wears. As most of us have worn levis this would give us an idea of how you need to size down for APCs. There wasn't any comparison of denim quality or how to wear them. Let's all take a deep breath and enjoy sharing information....the purpose of this here forum.

hey. maybe you should read, ummm, the first page. theres plenty of info shared there by yours truly.

Does anyone know of a style that is slim like the NS but has a larger leg opening but is not as relaxed as the Rescues. Obviously not APC I mean. Thanks.

APC hipster was a cut along those lines. the leg opening was larger, but it still had a slim thigh and slim ankle, but the opening hem was like 9" or 10"

yea i sized down one and they were as tight as i could get around the waist and the stretched out way too much

hit the gym homie. no hate.

my NC's are actually too big now, especially since ive cut my waist down at least half a size. even if i was too soak/wash them, they'd stretch out a bit more than i want them too.

regardless, the gym... she calls to you. (no hate)

hit the gym homie. no hate.

my NC's are actually too big now, especially since ive cut my waist down at least half a size. even if i was too soak/wash them, they'd stretch out a bit more than i want them too.

regardless, the gym... she calls to you. (no hate)

haha straight called me out but its all good. ive been fat my whole life but its gotta go, trying to fit those skinny jeans by next year haha

Need some input, how do you think the fit of these NS look on me? A few of my friends who are not too fashion forward says it looks too tight and gay. While I'm not easily affected by others, I just wanted to see what you guys think. It doesn't feel tight or nut hugging at all btw, very comfortable!

I sized down 3, maybe I should have done 2 for that 0.5 inch difference in the thighs and calves. But then the stacking would be a little off. I didn't take into account that the black denim is less stretch prone than the indigo.

apcfitkv8.jpg

^look fine. they're gonna stretch out a whole bunch, and you went for the looser of the two most popular cuts (NC and NS), so you're fine. fuck your friends. they probably wear diesel and mavi and think that they're "fashion-forward"

haha straight called me out but its all good. ive been fat my whole life but its gotta go, trying to fit those skinny jeans by next year haha

word up man. i know how you feel. ive had to shed some unwanted poundage before, but i go to the gym like 4-5 times a week now, which allows me to eat whatever i want. get on it.

Need some input, how do you think the fit of these NS look on me? A few of my friends who are not too fashion forward says it looks too tight and gay. While I'm not easily affected by others, I just wanted to see what you guys think. It doesn't feel tight or nut hugging at all btw, very comfortable!

I sized down 3, maybe I should have done 2 for that 0.5 inch difference in the thighs and calves. But then the stacking would be a little off. I didn't take into account that the black denim is less stretch prone than the indigo.

If they're comfortable, you like how they look, and you don't care what other people think then I don't see the problem here?

For what it's worth - they look fine

Totally agree with you all, would you guys size up 2-3 sizes even on the New Cures? I might consider getting sz29 New Cures, but im a true 31/32...

I'm at the two week mark of really hard wearing and my New Cures have stretched out a lot, If they stretch anymore they will be too big on me. I'm guessing since its only been two weeks its just began to stretch out, correct? I've read this whole thread and really hasn't been a remark about the stretching timeline.

eh I'm 137 lbs right now and I'm going to try and hit 150 soon so I'll stick with them. I do though have to returnt hese 26 NC and its past 15 days so I'm probably only going to get store credit, maybe I'll pick up a 25or24 NS.

Anyways just a heads up to guys who are fit and like a really tight fit, I'd sugest sizing down to where you have to struggle to get the top button snapped. Maybe even go to the extent of free balling in them for a week so you can button them.

This is not strictly denim related but most of the expertise seems to be in this thread so:

I bought this season's gray jeans at the Mercer store, marked "new standards" on the pricetag but after wearing them for a while they just always seem much more tapered than my indigo ones (yes, accounting for the difference from raw to normal). I wonder if the tag was misapplied and um they could stand to be a little less tapered. There's no obvious tag or mention in the jeans themselves which cut they are; does anyone know some secret serial number code or mathematical formula to tell, kay thanks.

How much inches difference between the two ? It also depends on the size. If it's more than 2 you probably got screwed. You also can send it to me for further investigation, I may send them back to you.