A.P.C.

jeepster

Curious if the NYC store is still doing that butler 50% off discount thing? If so how horrible condition will they accept? I have a pair of older New Cures that the crotch is completely ripped etc, fading is insane. Worried they might be too far gone though.

I normally wear a size 30, and wondering if I should go for a 28 or a 27 in New Standards. I like the fit of the legs on the 28s as-is, but I'm afraid they might get too baggy once they stretch. I tried on a 27 but the thighs are just about skin tight (can pinch about 1/4 of an inch of extra denim) and I can lift my foot up knee-high before complete resistance from the denim. I know there will be stretch where there is resistance but am wondering about the thighs?

I'm looking for a fit close to this:

10913JeansTie7249Web.jpg

Size 27:

jYOGsrS.jpg

haaZyoq.jpg

dUmJdc8.jpg

Size 28:

nplKL9t.jpg

RBe4nrc.jpg

4t1kV7a.jpg

Thoughts?

They will stretch where your body pushes against them. They look tight in the thighs, so they will stretch there (a bit, my thighs never stretched too much on my APC's) and you will get some knee bulges (that happens with lots o denim tho). I think people worry too much about stretch and whatnot. The 28's look good. As long as they are not baggy on you now I would say get those.

What's the difference between Petite Standard and Petite New Standard?

Both are skinny but petite standard is tapered.

you can compare 17.5cm and 19cm of dior homme jeans if you want...

correct me if i'm wrong guys!

Both are skinny but petite standard is tapered.

you can compare 17.5cm and 19cm of dior homme jeans if you want...

correct me if i'm wrong guys!

petit new standard has the shape of the new standard from the thigh up. so it's higher rise and a little more room in the thigh than the petit.

I'm not sure if this is normal, but do any of you guys have leg twists on your apcs? I have a slight leg twist on the right leg on my PS. I always thought that leg twists occurs in only unsanforized denim. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Edited by tewsday

I'm not sure if this is normal, but do any of you guys have leg twists on your apcs? I have a slight leg twist on the right leg on my PS. I always thought that leg twists occurs in only unsaforized denim. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Edited by venomous72

I'm not sure if this is normal, but do any of you guys have leg twists on your apcs? I have a slight leg twist on the right leg on my PS. I always thought that leg twists occurs in only unsanforized denim. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Yes. I have petit standards that I'v had for like 2 years now, and those didn't twist at all. I'm wearing New Cures now and the right  leg twist, but since i have been wearing them everyday for 6 months now that twist is not going to get straight anymore. It's normal though, Some peoples twist, some peoples dont

Indigo NC, black 19cm. Both 2-3+ years old, probably have worn the 19cm more though. I think both have 2 washes, stopped keeping track long ago.

akCfhwI.jpg

OTNKocJ.jpg

Holy shit dude those have got to be the best New Cure progress I have ever seen! Did you soak any times between those 2 years of wear??? I want mine to look just like that!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Hey guys, I'm about 8-9 months in my PS and I've got a bit of a problem.

About a month ago I went on a bike ride with my PS in heavy rain, after that they were covered in light mud, so I took em for a first wash.

However, after the wash, the brownish hue still appears on some places.

And now, I've got them dirtied a lot again, but I don't feel like washing them if it is not going to take the dirt away...

I washed them in my bath for 1:30 in hot water, with detergent.

Also, is there a way to get rid of grease and paint stains?

Thanks a lot!

About a month ago I went on a bike ride with my PS in heavy rain, after that they were covered in light mud, so I took em for a first wash.

And now, I've got them dirtied a lot again, but I don't feel like washing them if it is not going to take the dirt away...

Thanks a lot!

I honestly think that all of the stains you have that wont disappear is what will make your denim unique and tell your story, but thats just my opinion. But you could try the machine but DO NOT put them in the dryer. Normally I would still stay away from the machine period but I dont know any other solution for your case  :( Good luck anyhow!

Thanks a lot!

Hot water helps to set stains in clothing...  use cold water.

I picked up a used pair of petit standards recently and they were quite a bit larger than expected. I have tried a pair on in the store and was unable to button any of the buttons on the 26, so I found a 27 used. They are quite a bit larger than I expected. I know apc denim stretches. I also heard that the sizing was recently changed, so I may have tried on a pair with new sizing and purchased a pair with old sizing. When did apc change the sizing? The 27s I have measure 15" across the waist band. Is this a normal measurement for this size?