A.P.C.

jeepster

fit check here... just bought these size 30 Petite Standards, I think I'm a true 31 or 32 waist. When I tried the 29's I couldn't button them up... but I've heard they stretch crazy. I plan on hemming as well.

So should I keep these or suffer and size down to 29?

7726703854_6e286b2f55_c.jpg

I'm looking for a fit like this, particularly the silhouette of the chino's on the left, well tailored and sharp. I'd hem the jeans bit longer so they could be cuffed, but you get the idea. Thanks!

j+crew+spsu+10_0003.jpg

Edited by YIKES

YIKES - Honestly they looks fine to me, the pictures you posted below of the fit you are looking for look bigger in the waist and a slight slim taper at the bottom, with a nice stretch of the waist and a hem I think these will be what you are looking for. I had PS for over a year and if you wear a belt or something they shouldn't stretch out more than your belt will let it. If they do a soak won't hurt them.

Thanks Gray.

Yeah, I had a pair of broken in new standards a while ago, like 2 years or so. And I bought em from a buddy they were a size 29, but fit kind of uncomfortable. I sort realize that I may need to give em to a tailor to taper them just a tad bit more.

Other jeans I have are

J.Crew 484 raw in size 31, these stretched and fit comfortably

Flat Head SE05BSP size 31, these fit kind slightly slimmer on the top block and kind of uncomfortable on the crotch.

Got my NC in the mail today. This is my third pair of APCs (I know have all three fits) and I think I've finally found the right fit for me. Here are some comparison pictures.

New Standard (forgive tie and shirt please):

DSC00010copy.jpg

Petit Standard:

PS1.jpg

New Cure:

DSC00282.jpg

I think I've found the right cut and size for me. Its hard for me since I have such skinny legs. I like the slimness of the NC and the PS in the thigh but the PS's taper from the knee down is too drastic for my liking. It shows off my chicken legs. I think the NC is the most flattering without being too baggy all around like the NS.

What do you all think?

maybe a size up on petit standard should work, that new cure does look good, did you hem them or are they unaltered.?

or you coudl to the ye olde new standard size down 4 from true waist and get a naer perfect 19cm fit.

NC are unaltered. I dont think sizing up on the PS would help because the drastic taper makes my legs looks smaller than they are.

Looks like there's a new model, Petit New Standard, at Oi Polloi. Tried to search for it here without result, sorry if it's been posted before. Judging by the measurements it looks very interesting, as I would love a NS with more taper, a PS with a slightly higher rise, or an NC with fuller thighs.

Edited by birgitte

TauKappaEpsilon, I honestly think that PS look the best on you. Id kill to have your legs, no homo

Ive been craving a pair of indigo PS but really cant justify it and i hate the look of new jeans (which is why i went back from my NS to NC)

Also to add, for those who are curious to how APC's compare to dior in terms of cut, i would say that the closest fit to my size 26 dior homme 19cm's would be my size 26 APC PS.

Everyone compares New cures to 19cm but I honestly find new cures to be a lot more looser. Maybe a size 25 New cure could be more comparable to a size 26 Dior. I dunno.

Edited by computurd

TauKappaEpsillon, I think the NC look better on you... it does make your legs look less skinny, more fuller.

Here's another picture of my size 30 PS... I'm still wondering if I should size down to a 29, I mean these fit perfect right now. the waist is comfortable and to be honest, I wish they just wouldn't stretch or change any more from where they are right now. I'm afraid they'll stretch a ton from all the stories I've heard here... however, I don't want them to be skin tight/painted on... just doesn't suit me. I have them cuffed up from the inside to emulate about where I'd hem them.

I have two more days to decide before I leave NY for good :wacko:

7750139366_e53cbed551_b.jpg

Edited by YIKES

Guys, really need your advice on sizing. This is my 28' NC fit after a year. Should I size up one on PS or also go with a 28'? I'm afraid the waist of 28' PS won't really stretch to the point were I could wear them on the hips with a tucked in shirt. b8b21d50d511.jpg

TauKappaEpsillon, I think the NC look better on you... it does make your legs look less skinny, more fuller.

Here's another picture of my size 30 PS... I'm still wondering if I should size down to a 29, I mean these fit perfect right now. the waist is comfortable and to be honest, I wish they just wouldn't stretch or change any more from where they are right now. I'm afraid they'll stretch a ton from all the stories I've heard here... however, I don't want them to be skin tight/painted on... just doesn't suit me. I have them cuffed up from the inside to emulate about where I'd hem them.

I have two more days to decide before I leave NY for good :wacko:

Just use belt to minimize the stretching! I am pretty sure that would do the trick and keep waist the way it is. Worked for me at least... :huh:

@ayden, you can expect the waist of the PS to stretch the same as the waist of your NC. I have both pairs in a 27 and they fit the same on the waist after they stretched out. Also, I don't know what style you are going for, but sizing up one for PS would make them considerably more baggy than the NC in the thighs. I don't think you can go wrong getting the PS in the same size as your NC, it'll be a nice change of fit

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

2yrs crotch blew out twice so i had to reconstruct a whole new 1

Really awesome shiny raw denim color fadings on them.

I would love to see fulll front and back side pics on them and the honey combs

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Really awesome shiny raw denim color fadings on them.

I would love to see fulll front and back side pics on them and the honey combs

Jeans2.jpg

Jeans.jpg

Edited by Sway_P

Thanks for those pics!! nice evo on them!

@ayden, you can expect the waist of the PS to stretch the same as the waist of your NC. I have both pairs in a 27 and they fit the same on the waist after they stretched out. Also, I don't know what style you are going for, but sizing up one for PS would make them considerably more baggy than the NC in the thighs. I don't think you can go wrong getting the PS in the same size as your NC, it'll be a nice change of fit

Thank you, I think I'll go with a 28 then. The thing is my lower waist is 32.5', so I'm basically sizing down 4.5', which somehow seems terrifying to me

Going to be getting a pair of PS soon, tried on a size 30 and here's the fit pic:

7687183354_95faeb5900_b.jpg

7687190044_611c486719_b.jpg

7687197016_aeb7a24ffd_b.jpg

7687203600_43a13bb8a5_b.jpg

I'm thinking about sizing to a 29 to avoid the stretch so I end up with the above fit.

Edited by xEnvy

7687183354_95faeb5900_b.jpg

I'm thinking about sizing to a 29 to avoid the stretch so I end up with the above fit.

I would stick with a size 30 if i were you. a 29 would probably be too tight on your calves, knees, and thighs and you would be uncomfortable for a few months. the waist is the only part that really stretches significantly, along with a little bit of stretching in the thighs. wear a belt and you'll be fine, or do a warm soak whenever you think the fit is getting too loose. try on a 29 and see if you can handle it first.

Just bought my first pair of APC jeans. Decided on the PS 29 since my sizing on dress pants is a 30. Got them off the web through End. The fit was rather tight, but not impossible to button up as I expected them to be. In fact, it buttons fairly easily, and fits snug in both the waist and thighs, with a tad bit of breathing space. Here's a pic of the fit. Should I send these back and exchange for a 28? And if I decide to keep this pair, should they be hemmed? Thanks in advance

nt5Ow.jpg

Going to be getting a pair of PS soon, tried on a size 30 and here's the fit pic:

They look perfect to me.

I would stay with this size 30, except you really like very thight pants