A.P.C.

jeepster

I don't mind if the waist stretches, I wear a belt anyways. If I got NS in my waist size the thigh would be even tighter so it's a no win situation.

I found the waist of my APCs stretched so much that the belt ended up 'cinching' the fabric. Had to give them away.

I sized down 2 from 32 to 30 on my NS 3 years ago. They have never stretched more in the waist than maybe 34? When I wash they shrink down to about a 31, probably a bit smaller. I'll measure next time I wash. So for anyone who wants to size down 3 or more and expect to wash them, keep that in mind. The inseam has also shrunk from 35 to about 33-34.

sizing down two is pretty standard. yes they will look tight at first. after a week they will have stretched very significantly. if you can easily button the top button, they are too big and will be way too big after about a week in your jeans. significant stretching will happen everywhere it's tight including the thighs and calves but particularly the waist. if anyone says they don't, they haven't worn apcs or haven't worn theirs enough.

APCs are designed to fade. they are woven using thick threads and a ton of starch to encourage fading. the problem is, once your body heat softens the starch and begins to break the bond between the threads and the starch they expand pretty rapidly. if you want a pair of jeans that isn't absurdly tight at first, buy a higher-end pair that uses cone mills or japanese denim.

U mean "too gay"

APC is so overrated.

Dude, you're a homophobic ass. Just because you're safe behind the anonymity the internet affords doesn't mean you have to be so damn antagonistic.

I found the waist of my APCs stretched so much that the belt ended up 'cinching' the fabric. Had to give them away.

how the hell did they stretch so much? do you sag?

i have a hard time imagining jeans just continually stretching for the hell of it.

wtf, i'll keep this thread updated but right now i wouldn't mind if they stretched a bit anyway. i've heard both extremes when dealing with apcs, some saying they don't stretch all that much and you saying they stretched to be unmanageable.

Guest Electrorock

Dude, you're a homophobic ass. Just because you're safe behind the anonymity the internet affords doesn't mean you have to be so damn antagonistic.

"gay" in fashion has nothing to do with sexuality.

Safe? What u mean? Are u getting violent?

Here are my Petit Standards

About 1 year and 6 months old now.

Though, I kind of stopped wearing these around the 10 month mark.

4 soaks, 3 washes(?) honestly, i can't even remember. lol.

6964437140_3c7c0ee6c4_b.jpg

tumblr_m3029m6vvD1qk2k0vo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3029m6vvD1qk2k0vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3029m6vvD1qk2k0vo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3029m6vvD1qk2k0vo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3029m6vvD1qk2k0vo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3029m6vvD1qk2k0vo1_1280.jpg

Edited by dragon_

so i just got APC NS 31 from context, tried them on, and i was able to button them up pretty easily all the way... im normally between a 32 and 33, should i size down to a 30? im worried about the waist stretching out too much.

you should probably get a 29 . . . not even shitting you.

This thread makes me regret butlering in my last pair for a new pair instead of going for pbjs or samurais.

At least the second pair was crazy cheap.

Guys, the NS cut is very full and the waist stretches a lot-- and they are vanity sized. It's really not difficult. And they're sanforized. Doesn't get any easier.

I like your fit djosey you must be tiny though!

This thread makes me regret butlering in my last pair for a new pair instead of going for pbjs or samurais.

At least the second pair was crazy cheap.

Guys, the NS cut is very full and the waist stretches a lot-- and they are vanity sized. It's really not difficult. And they're sanforized. Doesn't get any easier.

I like your fit djosey you must be tiny though!

Eh, I'm like 5'9" ish 150 so I guess I'm a small dude

Is anyone familiar with the stretching on these APCs?

http://www.endclothing.com/a-p-c-petit-standard-jean.html?sa=X&ei=lciST4b2M4fN6QHt45WeBA&ved=0CEYQgwgwAQ

Is the stretching similar to the regular APCs?

Currently have them and I can't get the top button but I'm hoping they will eventually stretch.

Any input is appreciated.

i thought you all might appreciate this picture from our blog of a couple from winnipeg who came in to buy a.p.c.'s on their honeymoon.

the dude is in a size 28 new standard and the girl is in a size 29 petit standard.

honeys2.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore