A.P.C.

jeepster

why did you even get PS tapered? From all the pics I've seen, that cut is crazy tapered as is. i went to the dry cleaners to get a pair of pants hemmed and they can't listen for shit. I should have stapled a note to the pants or next time find a real tailor and not go to a dry cleaning place.

Tight tight tight apc's! Stretching at the seems, and buttons. Should I cut my loss and buy a bigger size..? I can do up but they are squeezed! I don't know how to

Post pictures....... What I'm asking is how tight have people gone, that they have stretched out to

Work...

Edited by Girl

why did you even get PS tapered? From all the pics I've seen, that cut is crazy tapered as is. i went to the dry cleaners to get a pair of pants hemmed and they can't listen for shit. I should have stapled a note to the pants or next time find a real tailor and not go to a dry cleaning place.

Nah they definitely needed tapering. Thanks for all the replies though. Will definitely be getting the inside seam tapered on the next pair. Or just find a pair that fit better.

I got my PS tapered, best decision I made much better fit now. My Selvedge line is thicker but the red stitching is still there and it looks fine. Way too much fuss about selvedge anyway, who gives a shit?

I got my PS tapered, best decision I made much better fit now. My Selvedge line is thicker but the red stitching is still there and it looks fine. Way too much fuss about selvedge anyway, who gives a shit?

I like the way the selvedge line looks, so I taper my denim at a reputable place. Cuffed selvedge with a chainstitch looks better than a standard hem with no selvedge in my opinion.

I like the way the selvedge line looks, so I taper my denim at a reputable place. Cuffed selvedge with a chainstitch looks better than a standard hem with no selvedge in my opinion.

why not taper from the inseam?

^Machine wash or soak?

My size 28 NS (True waist 33") are also 7 months. I've got some nice fades going on already and I could do with purging them of filth/sweat/skincells.

Also - anyone have an APC safety pin they'd sell to me? I've bought two pairs over the last year and a half and neither had a pin.

Edited by OST45s

new apc ps tag size 32. waste size 34. day 1.

2j5ihas.jpg

b9alj9.jpg

i love my new fit so far. it's tough finding an accurately sized jean to account for my large thighs (can't really tell in the pics).

but the ps worked out great for my personal tastes.

i'll update this fall/winter.

I've had my APC PS since last St. Patty's Day. I gave them a cold soak with some Dr. Bronners in early October, and a warm handwash with some more Dr. Bronners just after Christmas. For the past 4 months or so these have been my go-to everyday jeans. That beings said, I can't say as though they're super fast faders like everyone seems to think. Excuse the iPhone photography:

Prewash:

img1012ho.jpg

img1002md.jpg

img1009b.jpg

Still wet:

img1015w.jpg

img1013hf.jpg

Postwash, Dry:

img1020eh.jpg

img1025b.jpg

img1017b.jpg

Edited by Gold Soaked Afternoon

Sorry for the terrible pictures, my apartment is tiny and my mirror sucks. True waist=32, sized down three for size 29 new standards. I wanted to give them a lot of space to stretch out. First night I wore them I couldn't do up the top button, by the next morning I could. I'll probably try to ride my bike around in them or sleep in them to get some more room.

bjcro3.jpg

waj0gp.jpg

i know it's not very likely, but what are the chances my new standards are going to get a little roomier in the thighs, and how long might that take? I sized down three, and while I like the fit overall, the thighs are a bit tight.

i'm also losing some weight right now, so if they're not going to stretch, it's not the biggest deal. just curious what experiences people have with where new standards stretch in particular.

I got new apc ps, first true raw selvedge

just wanted to ask how much the PS stretch in the thighs? I know theyll stretch in waist but what about thighs? mine are nearly skin tight, only a tiny bit of slack. im not big, in fact quite slim but the outseam stretches and shows a bit of white thread,

I got new apc ps, first true raw selvedge

just wanted to ask how much the PS stretch in the thighs? I know theyll stretch in waist but what about thighs? mine are nearly skin tight, only a tiny bit of slack. im not big, in fact quite slim but the outseam stretches and shows a bit of white thread,

thats exactly what happened to my PS...and sadly it doesnt seem like stretching much in the thigh area..which sucks but i still wear it..

i guess i just gotta sag them

They will stretch because the denim is the same as the waist - the problem is the seams on the sides. You can expect around .5 inches or so of stretch in any case after a bit of wear so I'd keep wearing them tight for now and see if it loosens up for you. You could do stretching in the jeans to accelerate it but beware of any resistance you feel because you don't want to blow a seam. It has to be done gradually.