A.P.C.

jeepster

new to the forum. i just got a pair of new cures (about a week ago) and i had the same problem as you thegryphon, with the bunching in the hips. what seemed to help me is pulling them as high up as they go, to their intended rise. I think what causes it is the stifness of the denim when there is some slack/bagginess in the ass of the jeans, which i think should go away as they get worn in.

also have a question: are raw jeans supposed to hurt your hips after wearing them initially. this is my first pair of skinny raws ( ive had n&f skinny guys but they werent sized down) and im not sure if i sized down too much, or if they'll stretch out and i shouldn't worry about it...

Someone please help me! My waist measures right around 30 inches. i just bought a pair of new standards size 29 yesterday and theyre a little too big. ive had experience with apc's before and understand that they stretch like a bitch. the pair i had before this was a size 29 petit standard that fit me good around the waist but the knee bulges were something that really bothered me. These new standards are too baggy for my like and the waist is just barely small enough and the knees are a little big so im debating whether to get a pair of 28's or a pair of 27's? I feel like the 28's would be the safe choice as i dont want them to suffocate me and the only thing that changes on the 28's is the knee is smaller but the 27's sound like a fit i would like. Would i be okay with getting a pair of 27's? On a side note if anyone wants a pair of NWOT new standards size 29 hmu. BIN 125 shipped

Edited by superbuick3

^I'd go with 27s. I also have a size 30 waist and had a pair of NS size 27 a couple years ago. Ended up selling them before I really got any deep wear into them, but after they stretched out the waist fit fine. Keep in mind knee bulges are inevitable no matter how much you size down, especially with APCs. Rule of thumb seems to be: "put up with somewhat uncomfortable APCs in the beginning", as they yield better fits after the 6 month/first wash period.

Ah, I don't often see that many other people with the hipsters here and you cut yours. Curious as to why you did that -- got fed up with the flare?

Exactly, haha. I was trying to make it work with the flare, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I ended up with the NS pair above and decided to cut the Hipsters.

@meroswarrior

great fit dude, how old are they? and what size?

can you please measure them BlueInGreen style for me? :)

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?Itemid=41&id=30&option=com_content&task=view

i only need the waist, thigh, knee, and leg opening measurements

Edited by MrFahrenheit

it'd be nice to be able to browse this thread without reading "so I'm a true waist 36 but I want a slim fit should I buy a size 27 even though they will most likely cause life threatening blood clots in my suffocating thighs...these stretch out like a ton right?"

Rescues. Owned for 3+ years. No idea on time of actual wear or # of washes. Not the best pictures, buuuut...

2011-11-11_09-30-29_659.jpg

2011-12-12_17-06-20_983.jpg

2011-11-11_09-31-11_813.jpg

Those unsightly home repairs that you may have spotted were done in a pinch to get another month or so out of these earlier this year. These are retired now, but I'd like to have them repaired/reinforced professionally so I can wear them in the future when I put some weight back on. Wearing such stretchy denim during my heavy drinking college years means these are pretty huge on me now.

Edited by Ignaurus