A.P.C.

jeepster

are the nc more tapered than the ps? or the other way around?

new cure>petit standard>new standard>rescue

I'm somewhat new to good denim and I've had my new pair of APC NS for about 3 or 4 weeks now. I love them except for one thing: the knee bunch. The front of the knee sticks out enough that it looks really weird. Anything I can do about this? If it matters, I got them hemmed immediately upon getting them (I don't care for the super stacked look but there's still enough length to cuff them). What can I do? Would a wash help loosen them up so it doesn't pop out like that?

also, I usually wear a 30 and these are 28.

this is just a result of wearing raw/tapered denim. the slimmer the jean, the greater the 'knee bulge.' the new standard isnt considered skinny by any means, but it's still a slim straight. I would even argue that the new standard in production now is even slimmer than the new standard apc produced 4 or 5 years ago. as mentioned above, once you run them through the wash and get all the starch out, the bulges will be less extreme- but until then it's just the way it is with apc. if you dont want gnarly knee bulges then get rescues (Ive had ns, rescues, and am currently working on nc). youll be aight. just wear those things into the ground, and get the crotch repaired when it gives out

@zeds in my opinion that is really2 great, thats exactly how i want mine to fit

whats your true size? is it loose in the waist? i am currently ordering 2 pair of nc 29 and 30,

and hoping mine will be as good as you

Thanks! When I went to the store I was planning to get petit standards but ended up buying these instead. Think they look much better. My true waist is 34 and the first couple of days they were really tight but now after 2 weeks it's getting better and I guess they will stretch even more.

are the nc more tapered than the ps? or the other way around?

I believe the nc are more tapered and the ps have a straighter fit. At least thats how they appeared when I tried them both on. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

I just recieved my 32 Petit Standards from Context after swapping them for the third time. IM going to be wearing them around the house for a while to break them in but I was wondering. will the waist stretch too? at the moment I cant even get the top button done up. Ive heard they stretch quite a bit.

When I first got mine I couldn't button the top two buttons up, after a week or so of stretching they fit perfectly.

I just recieved my 32 Petit Standards from Context after swapping them for the third time. IM going to be wearing them around the house for a while to break them in but I was wondering. will the waist stretch too? at the moment I cant even get the top button done up. Ive heard they stretch quite a bit.

just wondering, how much did you size down?

I couldn't button the top button either, but after 2-3 days I was able to button the top.

My NC's = 31". I was skinnier then. Sized down only one (32" true waist in 2008).

I've never measured them, I can if you like. My guess is they're around 34 inches now.

I wear a 32 in most things (3Sixteen+, BIG N-02, etc) and a 33" in the LVC '47 501.

Thx for the reference. Yah i don't what to get. I have 29 cure (now almost 17" flat on ground), now is a bit tight since i got bigger.

I guess i will have to try them on in store and make a decision.

Where is best place to buy online now? Context?

I need some help deciding between the NS and PS :X

First off, I have huge thighs, but my build overall is pretty lean. I measured the 511's i have right now and I like the knee width and leg opening. but the main problem is that the thigh to crotch seam measures (from bottom of the crotch seam to the outside seam) 10-11ish while the knee is 8" and the opening is ~7". My true waist is 30". Not sure what size or cut to even get, but I'm leaning more toward the NS in size 28/29 maybe. I'm 5'6 and 130 lbs. If anyone has the same w/h as me and has bought an APC jean I'd appreciate the help! Thanks

Can someone confirm that the NS will be the better cut for me?

Edit: Actually I was browsing this forum and I saw some guy with 23" thighs wearing a 30 PS. Now i'm utterly confused, but I think the PS will be a better cut? What size should I get for ps then :X

So ultimately: should I get 28 NS or 28 PS?