A.P.C.

jeepster

just bought a brand new pair of APC New Standards and took them in to get hemmed a few inches, and I think they may have fucked them up...

the seamstress pressed them. there are hard creases down the middle of both legs, from the top of the thigh all the way down to the bottom. I don't know if they were dry cleaned or washed, and I really hope that they weren't (they don't look like they were washed and they're still very stiff), but I'm wondering if:

A) can I use a warm iron to get the creases out without causing the denim to fade or bleed in any way

B) if they had been dry-cleaned, am I pretty much screwed as far as future fading goes?

UPDATE: just called them. the jeans weren't washed or dry-cleaned in any way, just steam pressed (they do it with everything). the dude got pretty pissed off when I asked him about it and argued with me that it was OK to wash jeans to get the creases out, and refused to believe that someone would wear a pair for months on end without washing them!

regardless, would the steam pressing or steam ironing them to get the creases out ruin future fading?

Yeah I'm thinking of getting some PS ..

Although at the moment I'm down 150 so need to get rid of these first. But before I got this I actually tried my friend's stretched out 25 NS that's why I ordered it. But yeah seems like the variations in different pants got me..

Basically, it's all down to whether you want your jeans to taper below the knee. If you do, get a PS, but if you prefer a slimmer jean which maintains it's straight leg all the way down, stick with the NS; regardless of your sizing down, they WILL be fine. Mine have stretched out perfectly, button easily and look awesome. So yeah, up to you. But don't let these 'SoOPERFYOOTUREZ#~' people try to tell you there is a 'correct' way to wear your jeans; whatever fit you choose, it'll be great.

Need help, sorry if it's a stupid question. I can't seem to find the answer anywhere online and not even on the apc website. So I went to an apc store in hong kong, I asked for a pair of new cure, they told me that they didn't have the size I am looking for. Hence they offered me the "cure" and I was told that it's the same. Can anyone confirm for me if it's the same, if not what are the differences?

The cures arent the same. THey dont have that slight flare at the ankle that New Cures are known for

Theyre the cut that the 19cm was based off. Id guess that theyd be slightly looser than the NC

thanks, so i assume that the rise and the butt area is the same as the new cures with the only difference being the ankle flare? I saw your post on the nc vs 19cm, i currently own a waist 28 19cm and find it baggy, do you think a size 26cm in the nc will give me a slimmer look or it would be much like the 28" that I have.

Well I own a 26 in both NC and 19cm with NC being a looser fit than the diors

I would say it would be slimmer than a size 28 diors. My size 26 NC fit makes me imagine what a size 27 dior would look like.

^since youre short it's not really worth it. Might as well go for a PS if you are going to size down that much, and it looks better on dus like us since it has a higher rise.

Ive tried a 25 in PS which felt horrible in the calves yet loose for my liking in the thighs lol. I was hoping for a size 24 NS to give a straight leg yet very slim look. I mean with both the size 25's I have tried in PS and NS I never had any trouble buttoning them up which people usually have trouble with at first to get a real good fit.

@computurd - yeah that was the same for me at first, but after my first soak the thighs came in while the calves stayed stretched out. But then again that requires lots of patience.

Iono, size 24 NS is probably going to work out for you since you're really skinny . I might end up buying a size 24 too and sticking it out through the painful beginning and the awkward pre-wash stretching.

So yeah, up to you. But don't let these 'SoOPERFYOOTUREZ#~' people try to tell you there is a 'correct' way to wear your jeans; whatever fit you choose, it'll be great.

l o l, then why are you still posting here? Du's come here looking for opinions and that's what they get, good or bad.

My petit standards will be reaching 6 months soon and Im thinking about putting some pics up. I was very saddened when I found out they were thrown in the wash at only 4 months, and even more sad when it happened again a week or two ago. 6 months, 2 accidentally washes, so there guys some high contrast fades ;_;

EDIT: And to top it all off ever since the last wash my honey combs are sitting the right way so Im making some new ones :P

APC petite standard, tagged 29, my true waist is a 32. I've worn these for a little over 9 months, and gave them their first wash at the 9 month mark after they got soaked in mud. I'm pretty happy with the fading and contrast, the colour is really accurate.

9apc5.th.jpg

9apc4.th.jpg

Wear in the seat and lap:

9apc6.th.jpg

9apc7.th.jpg

9apc11.th.jpg

Heavy patching/reinforcement in the crotch and seat:

9apc9.th.jpg

9apc10.th.jpg

And finally some fit pics:

9apc2.th.jpg

9apc1.th.jpg

I gave my new standards a hot soak at 7 months. I've been doing an internship so I haven't been wearing them nearly as much, and I started going to the gym for the first time in my life.

Holy fuck are they tight :(

Holy fuck tight sounds just right! That's how they should be! Any pics?

Very nice!

How old, and how many soaks and washes?

Thanks! They're around 1 year 3 months old. I bought them used (i think had around 3 months of wear) and soaked them at 9 months, 1 year, and have been doing monthly soaks. I will try to take better pictures but I've been busy with summer school. Maybe this weekend.

i'm sure this question has been asked before, but what's the preferred way to clean a stain on these jeans without washing? Using a bunch of water and scrubbing usually makes the stain go away, but it also wipes the indigo off and leaves a faded mark. any solutions are am i fucked?

hey guys i have a pair of APC new standard size 28, they have about 10 wears on them... I tried to size down 2 sizes... looks like im too fat haha.

but they have no washes( or soaks or ever touching water), about 10 wears, they still need to finish a break in. The cuffs have been hemmed 2 inches.

Heres the craigslist ad.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/clo/2470850974.html

im more than happy to send any other pictures.

[email protected]

i think you need a new bedspread