A.P.C.

jeepster

ok sweet - i just got worried in case it will stretch out loose later on

29 couldnt button top hole

30 was just nice

guess ill go with 30

Sorry but, from reading this entire thread, if you can't do up the TOP button on the 29, the consensus would be to go with a 28 and kinda, work your way up the buttons. Of course, this is if you don't want them to be baggy, which you have specified you do not.

You tried them on, right? So you should know your sizing better than anybody else on this forum. The system for sizing down that is used on the first page is mainly for people who haven't had the convenience to try them on.

Are you guys serious with the 28? Think about how happy your thighs and balls and gonna be.

@cxbxw

I don't think thats going to fit well.

a 26 is ~ 28" right so you need to stretch it 3" to fit you.

Sorry but, from reading this entire thread, if you can't do up the TOP button on the 29, the consensus would be to go with a 28 and kinda, work your way up the buttons. Of course, this is if you don't want them to be baggy, which you have specified you do not.

I don't think people should be giving out advice if they haven't tried it on themselves

If you can't unbutton the top two and then you size down you wont be able to fit one leg in. The jeans don't stretch as much as people are concerned they will. If they're really tight then after a couple weeks of agony they'll be comfy. If you size down one it will come out relaxed NOT baggy. They will only stretch where it's tight.

I sized down two and could barely button the top button, 9-10 months in and it's still skinny. Hugs my calf and I'm not getting the diaper butt, and it will shrink a little bit after a wash.

My APC New Standard's should be arriving in a few days - can't wait!

I am a 31' true waist, and a 29' in Nudie Jeans, so I ordered as 26'.

That sounds about right to you guys, doesn't it?

uhhhhh

I wear 26's, and I'm a true 28"

I don't understand why sizing these things is so difficult for so many people.

The last couple pages of this thread have mostly been so embarrassingly wrong it made me uncomfortable just reading them.........

Take your true waist. Subtract however many you want to size down. Purchase.

For example. If I were a 32 true waist, I would buy a tagged 29 in order to size down 3. Oh crap, all that math made my feet start sweating......

This is not that hard people.

Because multiple people in this thread have been saying that you size down from the TAGGED size.

"If you are a waist 32, and you size down 3 and purchase a 29, effectively you have only sized down 1", they say. So by that rationale, in order to size down say, 3 from a true waist of 30, I would have to size down from an APC 30, which is a TAGGED 28 . . . which would effectively leave me buying a size 25.

This has been said many times in this (by this point entirely retarded) thread.

You were supposed to size down from the tagged size, not your true waist. True 31 waist = tagged size 29 = sized down 2 is 27.
Sizing down 4 in NS gives you a similar fit to sizing down 2 in NC.
smithjs that is great fit and will look even better in some weeks, just goes to show that New Standard does skinny much better than New Cure if you size down 4 or so
^ You're not actually sizing down 4, you're sizing down 2; the 2 you went down to account for vanity sizing don't count. There are people who size down 3, so no, sizing down 2 is not unheard of.

Blaming somebody for coming into this thread looking for advice and getting confused is like giving a 3 year old a gun, telling it to go hunting and getting pissed off when it crawls back with no food and one leg.

Funny thing is, that you flamed users who said sizing down 5 is way too much.

Where did I say sizing down 5 was a bad thing? I’m agreeing with the people I quoted, and therefore, myself. Did you even read my post? You're just confusing things. Stop confusing things.

Blaming somebody for coming into this thread looking for advice and getting confused is like giving a 3 year old a gun, telling it to go hunting and getting pissed off when it crawls back with no food and one leg.

The problem is you tried to give out the advice when you haven't fitted it yourself. Most of us would think that sizing down 3 is ridiculous and yet you're talking about sizing down 4-5 sizes. It sounds ridic, even for NS cuz why not just get a skinnier cut?

Blaming somebody for getting it wrong is not like giving a 3 year old or anybody a gun to go hunting, it's just criticism, don't exaggerate it, just learn how to take it as we all have. Lashing back isn't doing anything for you.

I understand that the ganging up was kind of uncalled for(especially from the lurkers who came out of their caves just to flame :rolleyes: ) but this is the internet, what did you expect?

and I've already said too much. L O L

The problem is you tried to give out the advice when you haven't fitted it yourself.

Since I was extremely careful to point at that my advice was from other users ('based on previous posts'), and specifically pointed out that the advice was something others would recommend ('the general consensus would be'), I think it is perfectly clear to infer from my post/advice that it is not based upon personal experience. Why offer it then? When in Rome, I guess? No biggie.

And, to be frank, the advice clearly is the general consensus. Or at least 50% of the consensus. Again, if you check out the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of pages, you will find posts upon posts of people suggesting that you do, indeed, size down 4 or 5, taking into account all that vanity sizing/true waist size garb. So coming from somebody whom, as you can see, is very new here, how would I know which posts are 'common sense', and which are 'ludicrous'?

My retort was a bit of healthy sarcasm; overblown and exaggerated, certainly, but in no way 'lashing out'.

but did you reallllly think you could fit into a pair of jeans sized down 5 sizes?

They aren't here yet. I shall be posting pictures in a few days. . .whatever the outcome. :)

You missed my point entirely, probably. I don't know/care. from what you just said you don't think anything you said was wrong(you don't like taking criticism) whatever.

I forgot where but somewhere on this forum is an essay on taking criticism/negtrain, you should read it.

EDIT: found it

lets get this threak back on track tho(i.e. more sizing questions)

You missed my point entirely, probably. I don't know/care. from what you just said you don't think anything you said was wrong(you don't like taking criticism) whatever.

I forgot where but somewhere on this forum is an essay on taking criticism/negtrain, you should read it.

EDIT: found it

lets get this threak back on track tho(i.e. more sizing questions)

I addressed everything you said honestly and succinctly. If you have no retort, that's fair enough, but the blame does not lie with my ability to take or disregard criticism. My post was regarding things people in the past have stated as fact.

Anyway, pics in a few days, etc.

Where did I say sizing down 5 was a bad thing? I’m agreeing with the people I quoted, and therefore, myself. Did you even read my post? You're just confusing things. Stop confusing things.

I read your posts. Also on mynudies:

Come now. Methinks you shouldn't lambaste somebody without fully understanding the situation.

Now, fair enough, all the other comments have questioned my actions, but I am certainly not stupid, much less contemplating suicide. It is common knowledge that for an APC New Standard pair of jeans, you are supposed to size down three from the tagged size, which in itself is two lower than the Nudie size. So 'sizing down five' isn't as crazy as it seems. One only has to check the 700+ page thread on superfuture to find this readily available information.

I got the impression, that you boast of knowing sizing without having the jeans. That's all I meant and still think. But now, let's move on. Sorry.

I cringe every time I open this thread...I never really want to, but SOMETIMES people actually post things that are worth reading/looking at in here...but the last few pages have solidified the fact that 90% of the posts are still retarded sizing questions...shame...reading is your friend kids

still not as bad as the hypbeast denim threads...

never read them...

anyways for those of you who continue to ask the same questions over and over again because the funny little symbols you keep staring at on your monitor make no sense, here's a recommendation..

ao86kx.jpg

you're welcome...

I cringe every time I open this thread...I never really want to, but SOMETIMES people actually post things that are worth reading/looking at in here...but the last few pages have solidified the fact that 90% of the posts are still retarded sizing questions...shame...reading is your friend kids

I am a secondary level English teacher. I assure you, the problem is not from lack of reading. The problem is quite evidently through differing opinions Re. how much to size down.

The entire thread is retarded, and at this point, gleaning anything worthwhile is impossible, hence the ongoing confusion.

shit you're an English teacher? apologies...I was unaware that it made a difference with regards to your lack of research skills. Anyways apologies to everyone else for derailing the thread, oh...wait, no I didn't (see: nothing has changed this thread will always suck)

The problem is quite evidently through differing opinions Re. how much to size down.

The entire thread is retarded, and at this point, gleaning anything worthwhile is impossible, hence the ongoing confusion.

I agree. Good insight teach.

Allow me to illustrate the root of all confusion.

Example: Person "A" has a 32" waist, how much do you size down for a great fit? There are two schools of thought, both mean the same thing.

[Harvard]

size down 2

tag vanity/real

30 32

30-2= 28 (what you should get)

[Yale]

size down 4

tag vanity/real

30 32

32-4= 28 (what you should get)

The confusion is coming from the fact that you wear pants at your hips, and not your waist. Measure where you wear your jeans on your hips. Size down two from that measurement to account for vanity sizing. Then size down again based on the cut. 2 - 3 for new standards, 1- 2 for petit standards and new cures. Where I wear my jeans measures 34" and my size 30 petit standards fit perfect after the initial stretching