A.P.C.

jeepster

We're about the same size and I wear a size 29 in APC for a nice, slim fit. I'm 5'11" and I have about as much stacking on mine as MF does in that pic, but if you're shorter than that you might consider getting them hemmed.

I'm about to pick up my first pair of selvedge denim. For the sake of not combing through 800+ pages of posts, which APC cut would you guys consider most similar to Levi's 514?

I don't suppose anyone knows a retailer in northeast Ohio that carries APC's or knows of somewhere online where I could look up local distributors?

This probably isn't the right thread to ask in, but can anyone suggest other denim around the same price point as APC that are worth looking into? Thanks in advance.

Definitely go with rescues for a looser straight cut. What size are you?

Im 6' x 230 and wear a 36" waist in 514's which are what I typically wear and prefer the fit of. 514's are levis' slim straights, so wouldnt rescues be the apc equivelent to levi 501's? I have an athletic build that definitely isn't flattering in anything too form fitting below the knee. If anyone's familiar with levi fits, would you equate 514's to new standards as you would new cures to 511's?

Im 6' x 230 and wear a 36" waist in 514's which are what I typically wear and prefer the fit of. 514's are levis' slim straights, so wouldnt rescues be the apc equivelent to levi 501's? I have an athletic build that definitely isn't flattering in anything too form fitting below the knee. If anyone's familiar with levi fits, would you equate 514's to new standards as you would new cures to 511's?

dude seriously go with rescues. The new standard has a slight taper from the knee to the leg opening, while the 514 is straight. So for an athletically built 230-pound guy they might not be the best cut.

The rescue is designed as a straight cut for guys with bigger legs, the new standard is designed as a slightly tapered cut for guys with slim to average legs. Judging by your description of your size, get the rescues, in a 34 to be safe, or 33 if you want them a bit slimmer.

Check the measurements on contextclothing.com if you're unsure.

And i dunno if you want to necessarily equate new cures to 511's either.

I'm a 38 w and I'm in a 35w pair of rescues. Depending on your preference for fit ( I wanted a nice straight leg that wasn't a ball buster) they are great. They have stretched out a bit everywhere, but it's a good stretch. They fit alot like Nudie straight Svens or Levis 501's. I really like them. IMO you can't go wrong with 35 w if your a true 38w.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it, I wanted a pair of Apc jeans for the longest just was a lil nervous about the sizing

Here we have my NS 7 months. I've retired them a couple months back....

vmyhs1.jpg

...And started on these NC. This picture was taken at about 3 months. I'm on month 6 now, no washes on these bad boys yet.

16i5blw.jpg

SIDEBAR: Does anyone know how to get a hint of brown tint on the fades rather then the hint of white? Is this achieved through harder wear or a special washing method?

Cheers!

i have a one month worn pair of new standards in 28 that i'd like to trade for some equal condition petit standards in 26 or 28. I was thinkig about getting them tailored, but if I could save myself the effort via trade, that would be awesome. anyway, hit me up, i can send pics asap.

SIDEBAR: Does anyone know how to get a hint of brown tint on the fades rather then the hint of white? Is this achieved through harder wear or a special washing method?

Cheers!

Funny, usually a lot of individuals want to opt to white fades rather than gross dirty brown/green fades- I'll trade you fades

Cheers!

I think the process is similar to what sweat does to armpits of white undershirts and why white pillows turn yellow after time. That yellow + indigo leads to a brown tinge. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

I think the process is similar to what sweat does to armpits of white undershirts and why white pillows turn yellow after time. That yellow + indigo leads to a brown tinge. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

yeah I'm pretty sure its just sweat/dirt/grime lol. If you want your fades to turn brown just roll around in more filth haha