A.P.C.

jeepster

New Standards, owned since 14/12/09....

These are a tagged size 28, my natural waist is about a 30.5.

Soaked 3 times, pretty much at months 3, 6 and 9. Hot washed 1 time at around the 12 month mark.

Front:

2q3bz0x.jpg

Back:

34phv9h.jpg

Lap:

2d2acfk.jpg

Pocket Repair:

2nbrtkg.jpg

I just threw in 2 random denim patches on the inside, when the pocket started falling apart. You can see the faded outline of the patches.

Fit Pics:

2yo7qqw.jpg

21b3ki8.jpg

Sorry about all the pics.

Enjoy!

Great work on your APCs, and they still have a lot of promise to become real hard rock jeans. Get well soon.

i'm looking to get my first pair of APCs (and first pair of raw denim jeans too) and I'm looking at either the NC or NS. I want a somewhat slim fit, but not too much, basically this:

zac-efron-apc-4.jpg

zac-efron-apc-6.jpg

zac-efron-apc.jpg

would I be better off getting a pair of 1 sized down NC or 3 sizes down NS?

I'm a waist size 30, about 5"8 and 130lbs btw

I would go NS imo for that fit

yeah i'm leaning towards that right now

another question: i'm looking at the contextclothing chart and it's sorta confusing me, does that chart already account for sizing down due to stretching? i should just get a 27 in APC size if i'm sizing down right (30 to 27)?

yeah i'm leaning towards that right now

another question: i'm looking at the contextclothing chart and it's sorta confusing me, does that chart already account for sizing down due to stretching? i should just get a 27 in APC size if i'm sizing down right (30 to 27)?

If you are a true waist size 30, yes, go with a 27 for the NS

i'm looking to get my first pair of APCs (and first pair of raw denim jeans too) and I'm looking at either the NC or NS. I want a somewhat slim fit, but not too much, basically this:

http://www.denimblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/zac-efron-apc-4.jpg

http://www.denimblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/zac-efron-apc-6.jpg

http://www.denimblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/zac-efron-apc.jpg

would I be better off getting a pair of 1 sized down NC or 3 sizes down NS?

I'm a waist size 30, about 5"8 and 130lbs btw

He's wearing NC in those pics. Your weight/height makes you seem quite thin and I think NC would work better for you. If you're just starting to look into denim, maybe look around more. When I first started, I thought exactly that "I want a somewhat slim fit, but not too much". The more I looked at fit pics, the more I gravitated towards the tapered look, and I actually ended up going for the PS and so far I love them.

He's wearing NC in those pics. Your weight/height makes you seem quite thin and I think NC would work better for you. If you're just starting to look into denim, maybe look around more. When I first started, I thought exactly that "I want a somewhat slim fit, but not too much". The more I looked at fit pics, the more I gravitated towards the tapered look, and I actually ended up going for the PS and so far I love them.

i was actually considering getting NC from the very beginning, i browsed through this entire thread (dunno how I managed all 838 pages lol) and love the fits that all cuts APC has and I definitely wanna try them all at one point. reason I strayed away from the NC though is because my thighs are a little bigger than others, so I'm not sure how I should size the NC if I go for those. I'm a true 30 waist, any tips on how I should get the NC?

don't mean to be that guy but I don't think they're NCs as I see the exposed selvedge lining on the cuff. They could be extremely sized down NS, he's sagging them enough to believe so, or PS.

don't mean to be that guy but I don't think they're NCs as I see the exposed selvedge lining on the cuff. They could be extremely sized down NS, he's sagging them enough to believe so, or PS.

My bad I just assumed cause I saw his pics when I googled "new cures" before. Looked it up and it says he's actually wearing PS.

i was actually considering getting NC from the very beginning, i browsed through this entire thread (dunno how I managed all 838 pages lol) and love the fits that all cuts APC has and I definitely wanna try them all at one point. reason I strayed away from the NC though is because my thighs are a little bigger than others, so I'm not sure how I should size the NC if I go for those. I'm a true 30 waist, any tips on how I should get the NC?

I was looking for that fit too because I thought my thighs were a bit big in proportion (I play soccer). But actually, though I thought I had big thighs I guess I actually have what most Americans would consider normal. Honestly, the fit and look of your jeans depends less on the cut than on how much you size down according to your figure. Just like in the pic of Zac Efron, PS don't have to be tight slim. They stretch quite a bit, also.

My friend and I both wear 32s, he got 29 NS and I got 30 PS. Personally, I like my fit a lot more. Our upper blocks are actually the same, but mine look slimmer because the taper gives a slimming effect to my whole leg. Mine will probably look just like Efron's in those pics after longer wear, stretching, and a wash or two. You don't seem like an overweight guy, just go for the look you like and want.

My bad I just assumed cause I saw his pics when I googled "new cures" before. Looked it up and he's actually wearing PS.

I was looking for that fit too because I thought my thighs were a bit big in proportion (I play soccer). But actually, though I thought I had big thighs I guess I actually have what most Americans would consider normal. Honestly, the fit and look of your jeans depends less on the cut than on how much you size down according to your figure. Just like in the pic of Zac Efron, PS don't have to be tight slim,

My friend and I both wear 32s, he got 29 NS and I got 30 PS. Personally, I like my fit a lot more. Our upper blocks are actually the same, but mine look slimmer because the taper gives a slimming effect to my whole leg. You don't seem like an overweight guy, just go for the look you like and want.

what's your true waist size? do you think sizing down once on a PS (30->29) would give a skinny enough but not too tight at the thighs?

what's your true waist size? do you think sizing down once on a PS (30->29) would give a skinny enough but not too tight at the thighs?

What size and what kind of jeans do you usually wear? I think its easier to size down from a reference. I'm 33.5" where I wear my jeans. I sized down from my usual 32 in Levi 511 to a 30 PS. (I edited my other post after you quoted, but I added:) They stretch quite a bit. I tried 31 at first, it was a slim-but-not-tight fit, but what I realized is this is the fit I wanted AFTER my jeans stretched. So I'm on 30s right now and I'm extremely happy with them. Second week and they've already stretched/molded to my body. Right now slim-tight but not too tight with enough room to be very comfortable.

What size and what kind of jeans do you usually wear? I think its easier to size down from a reference. I'm 33.5" where I wear my jeans. I sized down from my usual 32 in Levi 511 to a 30 PS. (I edited my other post after you quoted, but I added:) They stretch quite a bit. I tried 31 at first, it was a slim-but-not-tight fit, but what I realized is this is the fit I wanted AFTER my jeans stretched. So I'm on 30s right now and I'm extremely happy with them. Second week and they've already stretched/molded to my body. Right now slim-tight but not too tight with enough room to be very comfortable.

i'm definitely gonna give the NC and PS a go at one point, but i decided to order the NS to start off with. ordered 3 sizes down from my true waist size (30->27), i'll post initial pics when i get them and hopefully they'll give a good fit, otherwise i'll return them and size up or w/e. thanks for the help :)

What's the difference between the cures and new cures? Every other site except the Japanese one here only stocks NCs?

I'm a 36 in nudies and am looking for a similar fit to my thin finns so thought I'd go for NCs but when I just went to purchase here online, they only go up to 33 in the NCs (which I'm guessing will be too much of a downsize?) but the do have up to 35 in the cures in stock.

Any suggestions?

my suggestion...if you are a sz 36, do not go for NC.

Best bet would be rescues or ns

Cheers. I'm actually a 34, just usually go for 36 in thin finns because they're my everyday wearers and I don't want too slim all the way up through the thighs for comfort but like a bit of taper so thought cures would be alright if I did the same once they stretched out if I went for 35. Or not?

What's the hem measurement like on the ns? Pretty sure I don't want rescues as I don't like anything loose in the hem.