A.P.C.

jeepster

^^very impressive for four months. hopefully ill be able to give you a run for your money. mine are 30 days in- worn an avg of 18 hours a day (conservatively) and are worn during my forestry project 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Hey guys, just wanted to share my ~1 year APC Cure. The beauty with any pair of raw denim is that they truly convey a story, from when it was first worn to when it's about to retire. This pair was pre-owned, twice, but I guess its previous owners didn't really wear it since there was merely any crease, let alone fades, when I got it. So I wore them quite a lot during the past year and a half. I began alternating this with my n&f a few months ago, there is no doubt about the sturdiness of the denim, because even after 2 owners, and a savage me, they're still in ok condition. lol.

P1070541.jpg

P1070542.jpg

P1070545.jpg

P1070547.jpg

been wearing these apc new standards since august of 08... finally getting a rip in the crotch... theyve been thru everything for me. dont have my dslr on me and this horrid cell phone camera really distorted the beautiful fading of the denim.. the fades are a lot more drastic in person... they fit great. GET APCS GUYS!!!

sam0549t.jpg

apc1x.jpg

tried with flash.. looks weird also

ayo1.jpg

:)

cocktailmix wow!! i love your pair they look amazing. this is what i hope mine will look like a year down the road.

can you give me some insight on how often and when you washed? + rep for you good sir

cocktailmix wow!! i love your pair they look amazing. this is what i hope mine will look like a year down the road.

can you give me some insight on how often and when you washed? + rep for you good sir

Thanks a lot mate! Very encouraging. I've washed them once 6 months in, but I think the previous owners soaked it plenty. To clarify, these are cures, not new cures, so they're pretty old :D

I have some N&F skinny guys that fit well, you guys think I should go with the Petite Standards or New Cures?

Welcome to sufu! It depends on how you want your jeans to fit because "well" is pretty subjective. Could be skin-tight, could be slim, depending on how you sized your jeans. I have all three pairs of jeans you mentioned. My NC were sized down 2 for skin-tight, my ps were sized down one for slim, and my skinny guys' are in the middle of both lol. You should probably elaborate on which fit you want rather than comparing with other brand jeans.

Welcome to sufu! It depends on how you want your jeans to fit because "well" is pretty subjective. Could be skin-tight, could be slim, depending on how you sized your jeans. I have all three pairs of jeans you mentioned. My NC were sized down 2 for skin-tight, my ps were sized down one for slim, and my skinny guys' are in the middle of both lol. You should probably elaborate on which fit you want rather than comparing with other brand jeans.

I'm looking for a pretty slim fit. I think I'm going to go with the Petite Standards sized down 2. Good idea?

^

Again, it really depends on what you're trying to get. Everyone has their own specific take on how they want it to fit and the only way you can really know is if you try it irl. I used to think i needed a 26(I'm short and skinny) but when I tried it on I actually needed to size down one more.

The best assumptions you can make is if you take measurements yourself (refer to contextclothing) and compare it to some well fitting jeans you already own. In your case n&f.

I realize this is all opinion and it's not all about APC's but I believe most people would agree with:

read the discussion from here up to dismalfuture's last post on pg. 803.

But if you aren't skinny and 5'8" then disregard it.

I hope you're starting to get my redundancy about how different everyone's opinion about a "good fit" is :P

tl;dr: size down 2 for regular fit, 3 for skin tight

Been wearing my apc ns for 2 months already, coming close to 3 months at the 21st. Anyways there's a tear (its not a rip but probably scratched from jumping fences or something) near the crotch area : L hopefully it doesn't actually rip or lead to something worse.

Does anyone know how long the waist should stretch out because i sized down only 2 and it feels like its cutting off circulation or some shit in my waist and i'm left with this rash/burn whatever mark on the affected area.

The best APC fits I've seen are on the models, who either go TTS or -1 at the most. I really hate the SuFu approved sizing. I love super slim jeans, but a lot of the dudes here seem to be proud of getting a waist band to stretch to fit at the expense of a fly that wants to tear itself open.

The problem is that most have difficulty understanding basic English and math.

Taking into account "vanity sizing", "TTS", "size down -1/-2/-3" etc...apparently too much to handle.

For that rip-the-fly fit, size down 4.

Hope this helps

Looking to get PS with a slim but not skin-tight fit, usually wear 32 in levi 511. Waist is 33-34ish where I plan to wear them, but my thighs are a bit big at 22".

I heard they stretch a lot, will they stretch to be no longer slim if I get PS in 31?

Looking to get PS with a slim but not skin-tight fit, usually wear 32 in levi 511. Waist is 33-34ish where I plan to wear them, but my thighs are a bit big at 22".

I heard they stretch a lot, will they stretch to be no longer slim if I get PS in 31?

for what it's worth, I wear a 31 in 511 and a 28 in PS. Both are done stretching and the size and fit are very close.

I'm 5'11", 143lbs. I don't know my thigh measurement but it's probably pretty thin.

for what it's worth, I wear a 31 in 511 and a 28 in PS. Both are done stretching and the size and fit are very close.

I'm 5'11", 143lbs. I don't know my thigh measurement but it's probably pretty thin.

Wow, they've stretched that much? I only sized down 1 because I didn't want them to be skin-tight. But if they're gonna stretch to look like 34 in 511, I'm probly gonna try to exchange for 30s..

As metioned a thousand times all over this thread, it all depends on the fit you want according to your body proportions. APCs do stretch like crazy, BUT only at the waist. The fit at the thighs and calves almost stays the way it is from day one, stretching only a little over time depending on how tight they are.

So if you have crazy atheletic thighs/ are big sized, you definitely wouldn't want to size down 2-3 as recommended, unless you are looking for a fucked up skin tight fit.

AND any worries regarding the waist stretching too much can be fixed with something as simple as a belt.

Message = size down according to your body proportions

As metioned a thousand times all over this thread...

True. It's just hard to know what they perfect fit will be without trying them on. Guess I'll know after they come in today; fit pics to come. :)

As metioned a thousand times all over this thread, it all depends on the fit you want according to your body proportions. APCs do stretch like crazy, BUT only at the waist. The fit at the thighs and calves almost stays the way it is from day one, stretching only a little over time depending on how tight they are.

So if you have crazy atheletic thighs/ are big sized, you definitely wouldn't want to size down 2-3 as recommended, unless you are looking for a fucked up skin tight fit.

AND any worries regarding the waist stretching too much can be fixed with something as simple as a belt.

How many times can this be said on this thread lol.

And now a shameless plug diversion from sizing: Do you love the NS cut? Wish it was available in other fabrics? It is! And I'm selling some BNWT. Sweet green cords. Check the sig.

No need to size down--these fit true to tagged size. Now, back your regularly scheduled fit pics and sizing conversations. Thank you for your patience.