A.P.C.

jeepster

My size 32 New Cures arrived yesterday. I'm almost certain they are going to be to small, I just dont think its possible for them to stretch out enough.

Currently I can only button up the bottom button - I'm about an inch of getting the top button done up.

Is it possible that I'll be able to fit these with some stretching (I can wear them round the house, in bed, etc). If I soaked them would that get me more stretch?

Any advice would be sick.

Campster, my initial thought is that if you're that far away from being able to button them, they're probably not going to be a very flattering fit when they do inevitably stretch. When I buy mine I tend to be able to button all but the top button. I can button them by the end of that day and within a week they fit perfectly.

That's what I figured. Should I maybe give them a day's wear and see what happens?

Also, what about soaking the waist area and try buttoning them up then? Would that help?

Finally, anyone know how much it would cost me to post these from Australia to the UK... Oipolloi will send them back with free postage and swap them over and I'd send them back if postage wasnt to hefty... Should I size up to 33 or 34?

Soooooooooo, I got them done up!

I think I just didnt try hard enough last night! But with a bit of pulling they managed to button all the way up. They are INTENSELY tight through the thighs and bum, but I figure that's how they should be for the first couple of weeks yeh?

Yeah - you can sleep with them to accelerate the stretching process, but mind you, it will take time before they stretch nicely to your body. Mine took about 2-3 months before they started to look perfect-fitting. I was wearing them 3-4 times a week though.

Can someone have a quick run through with a soaking process, ive read about soaking in the other threads but they dont actually go into detail besides saying to soak them

Im planning on soaking as an actual cleaning method than a stretch/shrink one.

Is it what i think it is by just filling a bucket with hot water, turn jeans inside out and leave them in there.

Do people generally scrub? Should I add detergent?

Another hting if you do add detergent how long do you let it soak before you change the water to resoak/rinse to get rid of the detergent

I bought some APC jeans about 2 months ago. I was in a rush at the NYC store so I quickly grabbed a pair of what i thought were new standards. The only problem is that they say "original standard" on the tag. Does this mean that APC still makes the original higher rise version, or do they tag all of them as original standard now? I actually wanted the lower rise version, but i have already worn them a good amount. Is there still any way to trade them back in, or do I have to sell them and buy another pair? Is the difference even that big of a deal?

^thats amazing.

i need help with my first pair of ps, im generally a sz 30, and i went to my local store to try on a pair of 26's and 27's

27's were tolerable, a little nut huggin, but i know itl go away with a couple months of wear.

the 26's were mad tight, i didnt try but i swear i would have to cut my thumbs up trying to do the FIRST button.

problem is that i want a more skinny look, im 5'9 and i normally wear skinny jeans. i just want to try out the whole raw denim thing.

what should i do? :(

^thats amazing.

i need help with my first pair of ps, im generally a sz 30, and i went to my local store to try on a pair of 26's and 27's

27's were tolerable, a little nut huggin, but i know itl go away with a couple months of wear.

the 26's were mad tight, i didnt try but i swear i would have to cut my thumbs up trying to do the FIRST button.

problem is that i want a more skinny look, im 5'9 and i normally wear skinny jeans. i just want to try out the whole raw denim thing.

what should i do? :(

If you cant get any button on the 26 than get the 27's, usually if you can do the first 2-3 buttons they will stretch out enough. sizing down 2/3 is normal 4 is a bit much.

is that a general rule for ps or ns?

im just worried because i dont want to spend 240 and regret it lol.

i know new standards sz down by 3-4

but im not sure about petit standards.. thats why im concerned, thanks for the tips though andrew, il keep that in mind

any other opinions?

Let me tell you from experience -- you don't want to go too small with PS, and that is mostly because of the low rise. You'll either get some crazy dick bulge or you'll have to show your crack...

If you are looking for slim just go for NS and size down as much as you can...that extra rise will do you wonders...

is that a general rule for ps or ns?

im just worried because i dont want to spend 240 and regret it lol.

i know new standards sz down by 3-4

but im not sure about petit standards.. thats why im concerned, thanks for the tips though andrew, il keep that in mind

any other opinions?

size down 2 with PS.